Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

9 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Very unusual to be in and out in 24 hours 

transfers rarely happen on the 1st bid. 

West ham’s board are also trying to impress their fan base .....they were approached by an agent who told them a big bid could get the player ....... seems the agent was a chancer .....West Ham didn’t know that but by placing a big offer, they make it  look like they are trying 

5 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Its threads like this that really make me wonder what the point of having players like Josh Knight actually is. I mean, he's 23, not a kid, clearly isn't good enough for the men's team to the point where we are willing to spend £30m on kids younger than him, so what is the point, why even bother with these kids? 

Because we have produced Chilwell, Barnes and Hamza in the last 3 or 4 years! 

For everyone of them you have 100 of others who don't make it! 

• Like 4

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Because we have produced Chilwell, Barnes and Hamza in the last 3 or 4 years! 

For everyone of them you have 100 of others who don't make it! 

I'd suggest anybody that is 23 years of age and still languishing in the U23s is an abject failure and that was probably recognisable in the preceeding years. Why not just cut them loose and save some money. 

2 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Its threads like this that really make me wonder what the point of having players like Josh Knight actually is. I mean, he's 23, not a kid, clearly isn't good enough for the men's team to the point where we are willing to spend £30m on kids younger than him, so what is the point, why even bother with these kids? 

...I suppose he is still an asset, he can generate funds directly or indirectly!!!

We need to look at the training delivered from the earliest intake of players when they come to the club. We need to bring in foreign coaches to develop our skillset, you watch the Arsenals' of this world and their youth are technically way ahead of us at a much younger age.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I suppose he is still an asset, he can generate funds directly or indirectly!!!

We need to look at the training delivered from the earliest intake of players when they come to the club. We need to bring in foreign coaches to develop our skillset, you watch the Arsenals' of this world and their youth are technically way ahead of us at a much younger age.

Yeah I get the sense our academy approach is probably very dated and lacks considerable attention. The amount of players who you hear their names every so often but then eventually just slide off the books is quite high. 

Not to mention the quality of young players from abroad who are already playing weekly at top clubs by the age of 20. England seems miles behind the rest of the continent in that respect.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

I'd suggest anybody that is 23 years of age and still languishing in the U23s is an abject failure and that was probably recognisable in the preceeding years. Why not just cut them loose and save some money. 

Josh knight used to be quite highly rated by our academy, we just sent him on two failed loans to peterborough where they played him as a midfielder rather than a ball playing centreback which is what we see him as. Yes he has been a failure so far but the only reason we're still holding onto him is that promise he earlier on, there was a decent chance that if he'd gotten a loan where he was used properly he might have kicked on.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Josh knight used to be quite highly rated by our academy, we just sent him on two failed loans to peterborough where they played him as a midfielder rather than a ball playing centreback which is what we see him as. Yes he has been a failure so far but the only reason we're still holding onto him is that promise he earlier on, there was a decent chance that if he'd gotten a loan where he was used properly he might have kicked on.

How do you dream up and write this sort of nonsense? Josh Knight had two successful loan spells at Peterborough and even though his time there was affected by injuries they wanted to take him back there again, either on loan or permanently. We seem to want to keep him as back up for the first team squad but he's unlikely to play, which is a shame for him as his career could stagnate. If we're not prepared to loan him out or sell him now, he'll likely leave at the end of this season when his contract expires.

Anyway, back to Fofana. Has he signed yet?

250+ pages by deadline day, I reckon.

It's all just part of Puel's Inferno.

First circle: Limbo

Second circle: Lust

Third circle: Gluttony

Fourth circle: Greed

Fifth circle: Wrath

Sixth circle: Heresy

Seventh circle: Violence

Eighth circle: Fraud

Ninth circle:Treachery

It explains a lot, I think. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, honeybradger said:

You’re assuming we didn’t ask the Posh to play him in midfield. I wouldn’t say the loans were failures. He did get well. However he’s had quite a few injuries that have delayed his development.

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

He’s been playing, I assume at our request, in defensive midfield. He could well be good enough for the Premiership, Posh fans certainly think so, but he’s honestly not getting past Ndidi, not to mention Hamza and Mendy.

And besides, going for one of Europe’s most talented 19 year olds doesn’t mean there’s “no point” to our academy players.

And that’s not to mention our own star player is absolute proof that you can get to 23 and still have your best years to come, especially when you’ve suffered an unfortunate number of injuries as Knight has.

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Vardy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

And never in the history of football has there been late developers? I can think of one very close to home!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

I made a similar point about Darnell Johnson. At what point do we know that these guys won’t be first team regulars? 

• Like 1