Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

This guy sounds like a great signing at the right price but the right price has been and gone so I'm gonna focus on his flaws:

• Prone to lapses in concentration apparently
  • Seems impatient, perhaps impetuous.  Would he accept being behind Soyuncu and Evans?
  • Too active on social media
  • Needs a haircut
  • Pronouncing his name makes you sound like you have a stammer

Edited by murphy
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We paid £35m for Perez FFS. Proof positive that we get fleeced on some deals. Sometimes you just have to suck it up

Thought it was 17 mil. ? :fishing: sarc.

14 minutes ago, murphy said:

This guy sounds like a great signing at the right price but the right price has been and gone so I'm gonna focus on his flaws:

• Prone to lapses in concentration apparently
  • Seems impatient, perhaps impetuous.  Would he accept being behind Soyuncu and Evans?
  • Too active on social media
  • Needs a haircut
  • Pronouncing his name makes you sound like you have a stammer

All good points very well put. Don't know why we were even interested in the first place! 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think this has gone too far. We should walk away from this now. We should be able to pick up 2 promising, young players for that amount.

Admit it. You just can't handle the pressure of high intensity negotiations. This is tearing apart your understanding of reality. Learn to live in the space in between. Only there will you find peace of mind............

• 20m upfront
  • 5m when he is in team of the year
  • 5m when is top scorer
  • 5m when ASSE win Ligue 1
  • 4m when we win this league
  • 999,990 when hell freezes over
  • a packet of Salt and Lineker.

There's your 40 fewkin millon, now send him over and feck right off

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is becoming way too expensive, move on for that price.

I would concur, but either we ended our interest some time ago (and it hasn't been reported) or we really do believe he is a next level/perfect for us talent  :dunno:

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Schira has tweeted that ASSE will sell for €40m inc add ons. West Ham aren’t that far short. According to Romano’s tweet, we are! 

this is the first time that anyone on any modicum of  ‘reliability’ has publicised a figure that would seal a deal. I suspect these numbers are way higher than we are prepared to go to although Brendan’s comments on Wednesday that he may not now have the resources to get another striker in could reveal some adjustment in budgeting. (Unless that relates to a loan deal to cover CDM). 

i would have thought the add ons could be structured in a way that protects the buying club as much as benefiting the seller.  I think with a view to the future (whether it’s on the pitch or financial ), paying the extra for this kid makes more sense than a sticking plaster type deal that a more experienced defender would be.  However, if we came to a deal now on fofana where we bought now and season loaned back for a slightly lesser fee and then loaned in a Tah type then that would also be acceptable with a view forward. 

I would take anything Schira says with a pinch of salt, this is a good thread on how he/ they work 

46 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Admit it. You just can't handle the pressure of high intensity negotiations. This is tearing apart your understanding of reality. Learn to live in the space in between. Only there will you find peace of mind............

lol

I just think it's got out of hand. I expect we thought we could probably get him for a bit over £20m at first, and then kept increasing our bids gradually over the past few weeks. Now the asking price is close to double that.

We mustn't lose sight of what we're paying for what we're getting. If we're spending £40m, we can probably expect to get a ready-made 1st team starter, not a teenager with barely any experience. I wouldn't go much over £25m if it was up to me.

I'm sure Fofana will turn out to be a good player, but I don't want to see us be put over the barrel.

I kind of suspect West Ham aren't really in for him, and it's just a ploy to get more cash out of us. If we walk away now, I wouldn't be shocked if St Etienne came back to us in a week or in January with cap in hand.

I'm sure if we set ourselves a £20m limit, we could find a very good, young 3rd choice CB.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

I had to google that and I don't know if that makes me too old or too young.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

lol

Probably too young, I'm not sure if it even still exists. 

I only knew what Habbo Hotel was because of this video (it's a pretty good channel, btw. Worth a watch, I reckon):