Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

Just now, Bob Farley said:

In terms of Josh Knight I’d rather we gave him a go at CB than Fuchs again. 

I think central defenders and combative midfielders tend to mature a lot later on, so it is worth giving them time. Knight had a very successful loan spell last term and I think with a successful loan in the Championship, he could be ready to play a role for us.

I do tend to think that attacking players are less likely to break through later on and I don’t really see say Ndwuku, Shade or Eppiah making it with us. I think we should focus on bringing younger players into the U23 side on the whole.

In the Vardy case - he completely fell out of the football system at 16, but by the age of 21 he was already way to good for the level he was at, so it was slightly different.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I think central defenders and combative midfielders tend to mature a lot later on, so it is worth giving them time. Knight had a very successful loan spell last term and I think with a successful loan in the Championship, he could be ready to play a role for us.

Option 1 - We send him out on loan again but he signs a new contract beforehand.

Option 2 - We sell him now to a club who want him (e.g. Posh or Pompey).

Option 3 - He stays here this season and leaves for free next summer when his contract expires.

I would like to see option 1.

• Like 1

Getting back on Topic, you would assume that Recruitment would have a list of young CB's from around Europe that we could move for this window, this given they have had over 12 months to scour and seek.

Yet what we have, well so it seems, are two alternatives, plus an old link (Tarkowski).  

'If' this is really where we are and 'if' I was BR, I would not best pleased with Head of Recruitment (unless he was my best mate:ph34r:).  We really do need to look at and change the entire Recruitment and Scouting network.

There are FT members that seem to throw up some very interesting names (may be from FIFA:ph34r:), so why is it Recruitment seem to have limited identification success?

• Haha 1

Just now, Blue Fox 72 said:

Option 1 - We send him out on loan again but he signs a new contract beforehand.

Option 2 - We sell him now to a club who want him (e.g. Posh or Pompey).

Option 3 - He stays here this season and leaves for free next summer when his contract expires.

I would like to see option 1.

Agreed - I would still like to see him make it with us as a local lad and if he signs the contract we can either keep him or sell him for a better value next summer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

You’re assuming we didn’t ask the Posh to play him in midfield. I wouldn’t say the loans were failures. He did get well. However he’s had quite a few injuries that have delayed his development.

He’s been playing, I assume at our request, in defensive midfield. He could well be good enough for the Premiership, Posh fans certainly think so, but he’s honestly not getting past Ndidi, not to mention Hamza and Mendy.

And besides, going for one of Europe’s most talented 19 year olds doesn’t mean there’s “no point” to our academy players.

And that’s not to mention our own star player is absolute proof that you can get to 23 and still have your best years to come, especially when you’ve suffered an unfortunate number of injuries as Knight has.

Given that he did well as defensive midfielder at Posh, and given our current dilemma re Ndidi's injury, it's a shame that Knight isn't viewed as good enough to be a candidate for backup to Mendy in that role for us now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LCFCABC said:

Vardy?

Ahhh yes the laziest answer possible regarding players who aren't good enough for us. I suppose we should keep Gray, Slimani and Silva as well just incase they become the next Vardy. Such a shame we let Diabate go, I reckon there was a good chance in a few years time he'd be scoring 20 a season for us.

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Ahhh yes the laziest answer possible regarding players who aren't good enough for us. I suppose we should keep Gray, Slimani and Silva as well just incase they become the next Vardy. Such a shame we let Diabate go, I reckon there was a good chance in a few years time he'd be scoring 20 a season for us.

Hey, we've not seen the last of #Diabappe :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Jacnah said:

Im sure the recruitment team have plenty of 'potential' targets they track all the time.

Im sure the recruitment team classify these targets based on multiple factors to set priorities.

Im sure the recruitment team are tracking potential targets with time frames in mind such as for now, a years time and 3 years time. 

I'm also sure that some transfer occur purely because of a sudden opportunity not some long term plan - and why not if it suits.

You will also absolutely know that having targets identified and successfully negotiating the complexities of a transfer to the satisfaction of all parties within the context of the specific transfer and the constraints imposed by the buying club, selling club, agent, player, players wife and often immigration lawyers is difficult and complex. We can do our best but all those stars have to be aligned and we don't control them all. 

But all that said and acknowledged, you want, despite all the successful recruitment in the last few years and despite Leicesters recruitment strategy being held up as an exemplar, to throw all that away and start again because some FT posters can throw random names out.

Did I get that right? 

Bit ranty I know, but just putting an alternate view out there.................

Cheers Congers!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jacnah said:

Im sure the recruitment team have plenty of 'potential' targets they track all the time.

Im sure the recruitment team classify these targets based on multiple factors to set priorities.

Im sure the recruitment team are tracking potential targets with time frames in mind such as for now, a years time and 3 years time. 

I'm also sure that some transfer occur purely because of a sudden opportunity not some long term plan - and why not if it suits.

You will also absolutely know that having targets identified and successfully negotiating the complexities of a transfer to the satisfaction of all parties within the context of the specific transfer and the constraints imposed by the buying club, selling club, agent, player, players wife and often immigration lawyers is difficult and complex. We can do our best but all those stars have to be aligned and we don't control them all. 

But all that said and acknowledged, you want, despite all the successful recruitment in the last few years and despite Leicesters recruitment strategy being held up as an exemplar, to throw all that away and start again because some FT posters can throw random names out.

Did I get that right? 

Bit ranty I know, but just putting an alternate view out there.................

This is beautiful. Thank you, kind sir.

2 hours ago, SecretPro said:

His story is the polar opposite of the norm let's be honest. 

The club probably know they most won’t make it at our level. But there are a players that might make it in the group and they need a team around them. 

You get rid of them, then you need to sign other players. Or promote loads of young kids, who perhaps due to age and their physique aren’t even on their level yet. 

And as you go down the age groups you are filling each one with kids younger than the age bracket.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Because we have produced Chilwell, Barnes and Hamza in the last 3 or 4 years! 

For everyone of them you have 100 of others who don't make it! 

I'd go with chilly and barnes. Hamzas a great player don't get me wrong but i don't think he'll have that imaginative flair from a dm in terms of the level that the club are now at.

In terms of economics how much would we get for him? Offset against all of the years of us developing him id like to think we'd get £6-7mill. Unlike josh Knight hamza always stood out in the development games and it would be foolhardy cash wise to manage him like Knight who will likely leave for free.

Edited by UHDrive
Factual

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

Given that he did well as defensive midfielder at Posh, and given our current dilemma re Ndidi's injury, it's a shame that Knight isn't viewed as good enough to be a candidate for backup to Mendy in that role for us now.

Hamza would be a back up.

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I'd go with chilly and barnes. Hamzas a great player don't get me wrong but i don't think he'll have that imaginative flair from a dm in terms of the level that the club are now at.

The academy isn't just about creating first team players for us, its also about create players we can sell for a profit! 

What would be worth 10m? 

Chelsea have been doing this for years!

Just now, coolhandfox said:

The academy isn't just about creating first team players for us, its also about create players we can sell for a profit! 

What would be worth 10m? 

Chelsea have been doing this for years!

Apologies I posted without finishing (above). I was obsessive with watching the U21's with micky adams to boot so maybe I'm partly biased because of it.  

Chelsea yes, but how much bigger is thier youth player recruitment than ours! Id like to know the proportion of youth foreign signings as opposed to ours. Then again, chelsea is London.