Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

6 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I just don't think we can take the chance of going to deadline day. 

We are in urgent need of a CB and I would hate to see us miss out on one because we waited till the last minute to get the best price and a late hiccup cost us. 

It's not worth the gamble. 

It’s not like we are looking at Fofana and ignoring all other options though. Even if we signed Fofana I’d be a bit surprised if we didn’t get another more experienced player on loan also, assuming Benkovic leaves/isn’t an option. 

I’m sure the club are considering many possible CBs as we speak. 

10 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

lol clubs don't bid for players generally unless they've spoken to the players agent and it's been made clear the player would want to join for X amount. 

Very naive if you think this doesn't happen all the time 

Aranguiz? lol 

13 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

lol clubs don't bid for players generally unless they've spoken to the players agent and it's been made clear the player would want to join for X amount. 

Very naive if you think this doesn't happen all the time 

I agree. Unless that club is West Ham, and the player is Tarkowski 😂

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Had a dream I went to Wales and saw Fofana at a service station. Steve Walsh (ex-scout) and Kolo Toure were with him and they were all wearing Leicester gear. Asked for a picture and they obliged.

Based on that, I don't know what route they're taking but he's definitely coming :thumbup:

Evidence of the picture required please,  or your dream didn't happen! :whistle:

1 hour ago, bmouth_fox said:

Going after players like Fofana - a 19 year old CB for €30-40m - also illustrates that players like Darnell Johnson (22 year old) will never make it here. I thought Johnson was also around 19, and shocked to see he’s of an age where if he was going to breakthrough surely it would have happened by now.

I think we keep Darnell around because he's Emile Heskey godson or something. 

33 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s not like we are looking at Fofana and ignoring all other options though. Even if we signed Fofana I’d be a bit surprised if we didn’t get another more experienced player on loan also, assuming Benkovic leaves/isn’t an option. 

I’m sure the club are considering many possible CBs as we speak. 

Question...

What's the point in keeping hold of Sam Hughes?

Edited by weller54

I did have reservations about Fofana but after 162 pages it’s impossible not to want him. Hopefully we get to 200 pages when he hands in his transfer request to join Bayern :ph34r:

Darnell looked like he might break though a while back but it seems unlikely now. He’s not in the shop window and we’ve not managed to loan him out.

I’m not sure about out upcoming CBs. It was Knight but he was successfully moved to CDM and wasn’t featured against the Arse anyhow.

6 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Question...

What's the point in keeping hold of Sam Hughes?

Don’t worry. Ruskin is going to put him in the back of his Jeep and set him free in the Rutland hinterlands after his contract expires.