Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

4 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

He had nothing to do with the third goal. He was out right in the RB position the ball was played from the other side of the field and the CB was outpaced. Fofana’s “man” was nowhere near the action.

A right back may have realised he needs to cover but a centre back playing at right back would find it more difficult 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Difficult to evaluate him today because he was playing really out wide in the RB role, often hugging the touchline, but he clearly is comfortable with the ball at his feet.  

Comfortable with the ball at his feet

Very quick

Beast in the air

Everything you want in a modern CB and considering he's only 19 and you look at what other players were like at 19, most weren't playing top flight football in a big five league. If we can get this done at a palatable price then get it done.

• Like 3

Just now, Gerard said:

Comfortable with the ball at his feet

Very quick

Beast in the air

Everything you want in a modern CB and considering he's only 19 and you look at what other players were like at 19, most weren't playing top flight football in a big five league. If we can get this done at a palatable price then get it done.

Nah - Prefer we extend big Wes for another 3 years.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

He had nothing to do with the third goal. He was out right in the RB position the ball was played from the other side of the field and the CB was outpaced. Fofana’s “man” was nowhere near the action.

You’re correct, was watching the game on BT Sport 2, this wasn’t even his man to mark. lol

he really wants to come to Leicester. This is the type of player that will have an outstanding debut season like the way Tielemans did when he came to us on loan. We sure you could use that sort of energy and drive in the team. Timmy is doing it and when Under comes he will be full of beans too. We get enough of these new players bouncing it will G up the rest of the team to raise their levels also. With all that confidence can you imagine the sort of damage Vardy can do again up front? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

You’re correct, was watching the game on BT Sport 2, this wasn’t even his man to mark. lol

I think you’re missing my point ..  he was running back as was one of their forwards who was getting there in case the ball came to him either passed or indirectly ....  and Fofana was not close enough to do anything about it ...   not way behind him just just not close enough to do anything if he got the ball.  

I can see why he is being followed by other clubs and as a future prospect he would potentially be excellent ...    

For us right now I would prefer Tarkowski but long term I’d go for Fofana .. 

Haven’t watched tonight but sounds a bit like what I’ve seen the previous 2 games, comfortable on the ball, Dominant in the air and super fast.... but has a tendency to switch off! He’s only young though and his head is clearly not in the right place after the last couple of weeks of transfer to and throwing! I have no doubts he’d be a superb signing though and hopefully tonight’s performance will convince the board it’s best for all parties to take the money on offer

47 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

One bad game and the vultures are out, it could be that he's really p****d off about not getting his move, players don't tend to give 100% if they are not happy.  I'm not saying that they do it on purpose like Savage, but if I was blocked from getting 500% or more pay rise I would probably sulk a bit....or a lot!

yet.

59 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

One bad game and the vultures are out, it could be that he's really p****d off about not getting his move, players don't tend to give 100% if they are not happy.  I'm not saying that they do it on purpose like Savage, but if I was blocked from getting 500% or more pay rise I would probably sulk a bit....or a lot!

This is not about one bad game. This is a young player, who looks a great prospect for the future but we need that player now. If we had the time to let Evans take the lad under his wing, I’d have no doubt, from what I’ve seen, that it would be a great signing, at around £20m but at way over that amount, when we need that player now, you have to questions whether this would be the right signing, right now.

Forgive the pessimist in me. But with 10 days to go, our centre-back options are getting narrower as time passes. But here's my take:

1) Will we stick a higher offer in and see if Saint-Etienne finally relinquish? Given the apparent resources, seeing as we don't seem to bid any more than £30m for a CB, I say no. And don't be surprised if a "bigger" club pinches him at a later date and the chance is gone.

2) Will we put the same offer in, with the added incentive of loaning Fofana straight back to Saint-Etienne? Out of the question, it was a ridiculous proposal by Saint-Etienne. We need a CB now, not in a year. So that's out.

3) Will we be putting in a higher offer for James Tarkowski? Given that Burnley want a minimum of £40m upfront before they even consider talking, and whether he is worth that is very debatable, that option is pretty much out. Besides, Burnley do to us what we do to clubs above us with much larger resources/cashpots.

4) Will we look around for another option? Jonathan Tah is frequently mentioned here with enthusiasm and has been dropped in the headlines lately. Other than that, who else is there? Could be a surprise signing like when we were all caught off-guard with the Ayoze Pérez signing. The LCFC transfer policy is hard to decipher.

5) Will we admit defeat and get a defender in on loan? Ugh...The dreaded loan of a defender. I'm still shaking off the awful/pointless loan signing of Ryan Bennett. Most of these panic loan signings do not work out for us.

6) Will we simply do nothing at all and make do with what we have? Given our symptomatically sluggish approach to this transfer market, this is a possibility. But with Ndidi now sidelined, Morgan on last legs, and Benkovic still being kept at arms length, this simply CANNOT be an option.

I would not like to be Congerton right now, big decisions to make over the next week.

Edited by Bezzanator89
Spelling check...

1 hour ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Forgive the pessimist in me. But with 10 days to go, our centre-back options are getting narrower as time passes. But here's my take:

1) Will we stick a higher offer in and see if Saint-Etienne finally relinquish? Given the apparent resources, seeing as we don't seem to bid any more than £30m for a CB, I say no. And don't be surprised if a "bigger" club pinches him at a later date and the chance is gone.

2) Will we put the same offer in, with the added incentive of loaning Fofana straight back to Saint-Etienne? Out of the question, it was a ridiculous proposal by Saint-Etienne. We need a CB now, not in a year. So that's out.

3) Will we be putting in a higher offer for James Tarkowski? Given that Burnley want a minimum of £40m upfront before they even consider talking, and whether he is worth that is very debatable, that option is pretty much out. Besides, Burnley do to us what we do to clubs above us with much larger resources/cashpots.

4) Will we look around for another option? Jonathan Tah is frequently mentioned here with enthusiasm and has been dropped in the headlines lately. Other than that, who else is there? Could be a surprise signing like when we were all caught off-guard with the Ayoze Pérez signing. The LCFC transfer policy is hard to decipher.

5) Will we admit defeat and get a defender in on loan? Ugh...The dreaded loan of a defender. I'm still shaking off the awful/pointless loan signing of Ryan Bennett. Most of these panic loan signings do not work out for us.

6) Will we simply do nothing at all and make do with what we have? Given our symptomatically sluggish approach to this transfer market, this is a possibility. But with Ndidi now sidelined, Morgan on last legs, and Benkovic still being kept at arms length, this simply CANNOT be an option.

I would not like to be Congerton right now, big decisions to make over the next week.

Lets be honest. Congerton doesn't write the checks or make the decisions. He and his staff identify the players. Decisions are made by the club. Rudkin, etc. who knows. Hate to see Congerton scapegoated. As far as I know he's not the director of football.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Lets be honest. Congerton doesn't write the checks or make the decisions. He and his staff identify the players. Decisions are made by the club. Rudkin, etc. who knows. Hate to see Congerton scapegoated. As far as I know he's not the director of football.

Exactly. With regards to this window, Congerton's job was done months ago. Right now they'll be focusing on the January window and making provisional plans for next summer based on different scenarios.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Exactly. With regards to this window, Congerton's job was done months ago. Right now they'll be focusing on the January window and making provisional plans for next summer based on different scenarios.

That in a nutshell is why this is such a well run club. Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.