Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

46 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Lets be honest. Congerton doesn't write the checks or make the decisions. He and his staff identify the players. Decisions are made by the club. Rudkin, etc. who knows. Hate to see Congerton scapegoated. As far as I know he's not the director of football.

...I know it is how it is said and written in the States..........!!!

Does it seem a strange word to use in the manner it is used....serious question?

37 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I know it is how it is said and written in the States..........!!!

Does it seem a strange word to use in the manner it is used....serious question?

It shouldn't be implied that Congerton and his staff buy players. There is a director of finance at the club Simon Capper.  Checks = money. How would you write my opinion? Since I grew up in New York I can get a little slangy sometimes :twitch:.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

It shouldn't be implied that Congerton and his staff buy players. There is a director of finance at the club Simon Capper.  Checks = money. How would you write my opinion? Since I grew up in New York I can get a little slangy sometimes :twitch:.

...I was not referring to your opinion!!!

My question which I thought was quite straightforward was the use of the word "check" as the spelling for the word "cheques".

My question was it bears no meaning to the context in which it is used in the states, but it is used universally in the USA in that form.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I was not referring to your opinion!!!

My question which I thought was quite straightforward was the use of the word "check" as the spelling for the word "cheques".

My question was it bears no meaning to the context in which it is used in the states, but it is used universally in the USA in that form.

Two meanings depending on context. Got it.

On 25/09/2020 at 23:08, SecretPro said:

Its threads like this that really make me wonder what the point of having players like Josh Knight actually is. I mean, he's 23, not a kid, clearly isn't good enough for the men's team to the point where we are willing to spend £30m on kids younger than him, so what is the point, why even bother with these kids? 

If you aren't in and around the team by 21 I'd give your chances of making it with us next to none, sadly. Dewsbury-Hall another. He should've gone to a Blackpool like side 2/3 years before he did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Some Milanese social media peeps are still saying that €25m plus is required .... (on the basis of a dimarzio tweet) ....... that doesn’t fit the narrative we’ve been told ......

In our case you are forgetting the 'Puel' add-ons. Plus 50% because we fired him.

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Some Milanese social media peeps are still saying that €25m plus is required .... (on the basis of a dimarzio tweet) ....... that doesn’t fit the narrative we’ve been told ......

The operative word being Di Marzio. He’s not quite Indy Kaila but he’s the next notch above but below anyone considered reliable. 

26 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

I can see Puel finding a Horse's Head in Bed any time soon.  Italians do not take it lightly to be dicked around.  It is about time Jovani Ruddioni makes ASSE an offer than can't refuse. 

• Haha 4