Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Let’s be honest for someone like him it’s the move of a lifetime even to little Leicester. Can sort his family out for life off a move for us so hopefully puel will let him go.?

I’m pretty sure he can make an exceptional living where he is.  It’s not like they are paying him in baguettes and smelly cheese.

• Haha 3

Admittedly, I was a bit worried about his character after the interview with the press but tonight, he handled it perfectly. Played well but showed by walking off that he doesn't want to be there. That shows a level of maturity that makes me think that his previous outburst was purely frustration and that he can be professional about it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I have to admit, I'm liking the fact he had a good game when there's fire in his belly and he wants to move.

I know they're vastly different players in terms of reputation, experience and ability, but compare that to Virgil Van Dijk's drop-off in form for Southampton when Liverpool's initial approach for him failed.

Or Danny drinkwater feeling "deflated" after champions league had ended, and playing like a flat footed turd on the bottom of a clowns shoe for the rest of the season (and us still rinsing £35m from Chelsea and making it look like we did it begrudgingly 🤣🤣🤣🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

Edited by gw_leics772

4 minutes ago, SilverFox said:

I’m pretty sure he can make an exceptional living where he is.  It’s not like they are paying him in baguettes and smelly cheese.

Don’t suggest that it might make him want to stay

4 minutes ago, SilverFox said:

Proportionately speaking they pretty much are when you consider he is probably being offered at least and extra £20k per week, I'd chew your ****ing arm off for a payrise of that much per year! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Looks like Fofana doesn't mind staying with them, seriously we need to move on, been dragging far to long, go for Tah Rudkin and congerton 

Pretty sure we are only going to get one of them, and my choice would definitely be tah, for the cb role 😜

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Probably because we are hoping that him throwing his toys out the pram, is going to mean that they settle for a lower price in order to get him out of their dressing room, and upseting their team harmony.

Maybe we have even been encouraging him to do it.

It doesn`t sit well with me either way, but the power is all with the players these days, and it`s just the way football has gone.

As has already been said though, if he does end up here, and proves himself to be a top quality player, he will most likely be doing the same here to try and get his desired move when the time comes.

Quite a lot of presumptive leaps here. lol

St. Etienne rejected AC Milan's reported bid of Eu18 million because it did not meet their valuation of Fofana (which was reportedly Eu25 million), so if we are actually bidding Eu29 million as have been variously reported, then the only logical conclusion why this transfer has not been concluded is either (1) St. Etienne has decided it can extract more from an EPL club (or perhaps just us), or (2) Claude Puel. Meanwhile, there's no evidence that we are "encouraging" the player's actions (other than putting an offer on the table). Frankly, at this point, I am ambivalent if we get him or not. I think he will become a very good player, but we can get other good players on the continent for what we are offering to pay.

32 minutes ago, SilverFox said:

There's no reason he shouldn't want to maximize his earning potential. His income stream is one bad injury away from implosion.

33 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Admittedly, I was a bit worried about his character after the interview with the press but tonight, he handled it perfectly. Played well but showed by walking off that he doesn't want to be there. That shows a level of maturity that makes me think that his previous outburst was purely frustration and that he can be professional about it. 

It wasn't an "outburst". Personally, I would have counseled him against the L'Equipe interview, but he was measured throughout it and had nothing but decent things to say about St. Etienne, even making it clear that he had no intention to "strike" to secure a move.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

There's no reason he shouldn't want to maximize his earning potential. His income stream is one bad injury away from implosion.

Not if he signs a long term contract.  Let’s say he earned ‘only’ 15k a week.  If he signed a 3 year deal that is guaranteed 2.3million.  That is more than most people will make in a lifetime.  Does his family have a gambling problem?  Honestly, he can cut the ‘my family, my family’ shit.

23 minutes ago, SilverFox said:

Not if he signs a long term contract.  Let’s say he earned ‘only’ 15k a week.  If he signed a 3 year deal that is guaranteed 2.3million.  That is more than most people will make in a lifetime.  Does his family have a gambling problem?  Honestly, he can cut the ‘my family, my family’ shit.

Obviously I do not know his personal familial circumstances (and would reasonably guess that neither do you), but if you are remotely familiar with the neighborhoods and backgrounds of most of these kids from African immigrant families in France, you would not be so contemptuous. 

As for contracts, just because someone signs a term contract doesn't necessarily guarantee the tenure or compensation. You have to be privy to the details and terms of his present contract to be able to make a rational conclusion regarding his financial concerns and circumstances.  

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, SilverFox said:

Tax?

5 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

It wasn't an "outburst". Personally, I would have counseled him against the L'Equipe interview, but he was measured throughout it and had nothing but decent things to say about St. Etienne, even making it clear that he had no intention to "strike" to secure a move.  

Ok  fair enough. Maybe the word "outburst" was the wrong word to use but no matter how respectful he was about them, that interview was nothing more than him trying to force their hand. It was ill advised and maybe he didn't know better but the folk advising him should have. 

It is looking like we have to move on to the next target. Puel we know is stubborn and other than the lad doing a 'Mahrez' and heading to the airport, this deal looks dead for now. 

Looks like he would be a great signing - shame.

39 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

I didn't notice Claude joining in!

And Wesley was one of the first to not to be joining in ..... I think he has respect for his team mates but has lost respect for the club and some of the fans. Hence he made no effort to clap them at the end of the game - for all he knows, some of the people responsible for abusing his sister may have been sitting there. 

and there is no way we have met their asking price up front. That’s not how we roll.