Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Wow, Puel is such a cretin I really can't stand him. I guess even that big payout he got wasn't enough to buy him any class.

I think this transfer is looking dead. We need to move on.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

As if anyone on here thinks it's Puel's decision if ASSE sell a player or not lol

You think Rodgers had much say in Chilwell going? 

I hope you are correct.  It will depend upon how the Finances at ASSE are I guess.

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

I hope you are correct.  It will depend upon how the Finances at ASSE are I guess.

There are very few, if any, managers at any of Europe's top leagues these days that are responsible for buying and selling players. 

Even someone with the influence Pep does.

Fofana explains Leicester ambitions: They're insulting my mother; attacking my sister

by Paul Vegas2 days ago
SHARE THE LOVE

St Etienne defender Wesley Fofana has launched an extraordinary explanation why he's pushing to join Leicester City.

Leicester City are in contact with ASSE about a deal for the young stopper - an approach Fofana is desperate to take advantage of. The centre-half has made it clear - publicly - he wishes to be sold to the Foxes this summer.

And he admits the situation, with St Etiennefighting hard to keep hold of him, is spilling into his family's day-to-day life and creating problems.

Fofana revealed to L'Equipe via Le 10 Sport on Friday: "To be called a 'mercenary', 'traitor', hurt me.

"But that the Stéphanois come to insult my mother and my little sister, that affects me a lot. I am disgusted. Some have even gone further. My little sister was taken to task in her high school. They insulted her, they pushed her.

"She does not know football and she suffered that. It is unacceptable. I saw her cry ... I spoke with her, then I took her to high school. She was the victim of idiots and their behavior really weighed on my decision making.

"Where I come from, the northern districts of Marseille and a not-so-well-off family, that's not possible. I'd be crazy to say no to Leicester. This contract can change my life. I have to protect my family by keeping them safe. The sporting and financial aspects being combined, I have to say yes."

Despite Leicester's attempts, St Etienne coach Claude Puel played Fofana for this weekend's victory over Strasbourg. ASSE won 2-0 with Fofana lining up at centre-half and playing the full 90.

Fofana has spent his entire career with St Etienne and signed a new contract only in April to 2024. Last season, he managed 24 appearances, scoring twice.

Don’t know if this has been posted before, sounds like his desperate to come.

Puel could easily go to the board at St. Ettiene and say he doesn't want any players who don't want to be there, give the boy his blessing and let him move on but he is playing games. I for one am not surprised with the way he treated players here. Fact is Puel knows how good the setup of this club is (especially now he is gone and we have stopped getting rat****ed by the likes of Palace every other week) but he prefers to spite Leicester City.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Puel could easily go to the board at St. Ettiene and say he doesn't want any players who don't want to be there, give the boy his blessing and let him move on but he is playing games. I for one am not surprised with the way he treated players here. Fact is Puel knows how good the setup of this club is (especially now he is gone and we have stopped getting rat****ed by the likes of Palace every other week) but he prefers to spite Leicester City.

Puel is acting in his and his football clubs best interest as he is intitiled to do and as you would want you would want Brendan to do. Spites got nothing to do with it! 

If you think he has any lingering ill will to us watch his press conference after Vichai died. 

He also has form for it at City refusing to sell Mahrez. Was that out of spite? 

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Whilst he might be peeved at his time here coming to an end, I suspect he is rightly more concerned with his own club as he should be. 

7 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

To be fair, Puel is looking after Puel, and why shouldn't he, ultimately it's his job on the line, so naturally he will want to keep any player that he sees as a benefit to him and the club.  In the end it will be down to their board though, and if we offer what they want, then he will most likely be sold regardless of what Puel wants. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

To be fair, Puel is looking after Puel, and why shouldn't he, ultimately it's his job on the line, so naturally he will want to keep any player that he sees as a benefit to him and the club.  In the end it will be down to their board though, and if we offer what they want, then he will most likely be sold regardless of what Puel wants. 

Thing was that we never refused to sell Mahrez. Our owners were happy to sell if a realistic offer was made for him. We didn’t receive a realistic offer until the Man City bids were made. With this one it seems as though we met the price they are after but the club still won’t let Wes go

• Like 1

1 minute ago, s11nny said:

Thing was that we never refused to sell Mahrez. Our owners were happy to sell if a realistic offer was made for him. We didn’t receive a realistic offer until the Man City bids were made. With this one it seems as though we met the price they are after but the club still won’t let Wes go

I read that somewhere, possibly on here, but is it true? Were we ever told a price? Did we met it if so?