Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

6 years spent here haven't taught you humility

To respect our logo is more than a job

I don't think Fofana's acted with cool maturity, but christ they need to get a grip. They're worse than us, moaning about a 19 year old's lack of humility. (Unless that was his father engaging in some renegade parenting of course...)

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

We aren’t getting £20/£30m unless we win  it. We’ll be lucky to pull £15m from it.

I think most of our cash is going in wages. We are spending £50m a season more than clubs of a similar size!

I think we are fine, the people in charge are level headed and seem to get the balance spot on most of the time. There will be swings when one summer you have to spend on infrastructure and others where the team really needs it.

Its highly debatable that people in charge will consider a team that finished 5th as one that needs huge investment. 

I meant the £30m we got extra for finishing 5th than we got for finishing 9th the season before.

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

You are looking short term. The club are looking long term, they consider developing and attracting young talent as the longer term better stream of revenue. It saves transfer money and also brings in cash from sales. 

Expanding the stadium brings in quite a small amount of revenue each season compared to outlay. And buying players is always a risk.

As I said before, you could spend £100m and waste the lot. For that you could have  built something that helps develop talent for decades to come.

We also aren’t paying for the training facility in one go. It’s going to be over 5-10 years and the owners can extend and tweak arrangements to make sure we can invest. That alone isn’t going to stop us spending.

If we aren’t spending huge sums on fees it is because we already spend way more than others on wages.

I am indeed, but given the way the short term has been going its a major concern. 

On 11/09/2020 at 08:13, gw_leics772 said:

A totally fair assessment, and intellectually speaking, it is difficult to argue with... 

However, I like the tribal nature of my relationship with football, and will therefore accept these inconsistencies and enjoy it for what it is. A player who wants to join us. 

Bring it on, right winger and striker and this could be the best window in living memory! 

Do not get me wrong this is not a criticism of the player in question at all. He’s doing nothing wrong.

My criticism would be of the no doubt countless posters, in fact not even posters, fans of this football club, who have dragged everyone from Kante to Chillwell over the coals for wanting out publicly then condoning this.

Cant agree with the tribalism. Tribalism is for match days, not for keyboard warriors.  

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Final whistle goes and fofana walks straight towards the tunnel. No celebrating the win with his team mates. 

It's weird being the potential buying club in one of these sagas. I do feel for the St-Étienne fans. Having said that, the guy clearly wants to come here and in these situations it's probably best for all concerned that he gets his way.

2 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

It's weird being the potential buying club in one of these sagas. I do feel for the St-Étienne fans. Having said that, the guy clearly wants to come here and in these situations it's probably best for all concerned that he gets his way.

For the right fee.....if we pay the asking price then he'll come. I imagine we haven't done that yet though despite the reports.

12 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Do not get me wrong this is not a criticism of the player in question at all. He’s doing nothing wrong.

My criticism would be of the no doubt countless posters, in fact not even posters, fans of this football club, who have dragged everyone from Kante to Chillwell over the coals for wanting out publicly then condoning this.

Cant agree with the tribalism. Tribalism is for match days, not for keyboard warriors.  

Another fair opinion, but...

1 - tribalism and hypocrisy aside, there is undoubtedly criticism that can fairly be aimed at the player in these circumstances, (but bringing them back again, I'm fine with it as it benefits us {especially having to suck it up so many times when it has happened to us, I also love the comedy of it outside of us, ie van hooijdonk back in the day}) 

2 - I am one of those (although I like to think a bit more measured than some of the extremes on here) 🤣 (especially with Chilwell, he was my scapegoat l, infuriated me, and genuinely believe we have upgraded at half the price, and would have done if stuck a traffic cone at left back, but realistically did with a raw luke Thomas) 

In terms of the tribalism, you say potato, I say chips. This place is an extension of matchdays for me. I have to be reasoned and reasonable, in most of the other areas of my life, but my football is mine and my inner caveman needs a little love too 😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1