Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

1 minute ago, s11nny said:

Thing was that we never refused to sell Mahrez. Our owners were happy to sell if a realistic offer was made for him. We didn’t receive a realistic offer until the Man City bids were made. With this one it seems as though we met the price they are after but the club still won’t let Wes go

Didn’t Roma bid something like £35m? 

Claude Puel is a paid employee of the St Etienne Football Club. He does what he's told. They are finding ways.to raise the price. This will last until it doesn't. Don't be surprised if a big money club comes on at the last minute and takes over the deal. This could easily go till the end of the window.

On 13/09/2020 at 00:15, Foxy_Bear said:

Ok  fair enough. Maybe the word "outburst" was the wrong word to use but no matter how respectful he was about them, that interview was nothing more than him trying to force their hand. It was ill advised and maybe he didn't know better but the folk advising him should have. 

They did. He said in the interview that his agents advised against it.  

On 13/09/2020 at 03:44, SilverFox said:

They have just offered him a new contract.  Providing he doesn’t have a glove puppet carry out the negotiation it will be significantly good terms.  There is another club interested, they want him to stay, they are not going to offer a bag of skittles...

And as for the tax comment.  Diddums.  We all have to pay tax.  Tax on several million pounds, is still tax on more money than most people will make in a lifetime.

I’m not debating whether he ‘may’ make more money elsewhere.  I am simply dispelling this silly myth that he is doing it because his family will be impoverished if he doesn’t get a move.  That is utter nonsense.  He will probably have more money in his bank account than the members of this forum combined... and change.

His outburst was pathetic.  If he was our player we would be rightly panning him for his unprofessional approach.  Let’s not put the blinkers on just because he wants to sign for Leicester.

Caveat emptor.  He will do the same to us... also by the sounds of things he will need changing several times a day.

Please do not embark on a Strawman Argument. lol

I said that you are neither familiar with his family's circumstances (and being of African descent, he may even have been extending it to extended family) nor with the details and terms of his contract to leap to the conclusions you have. Between you and the player himself, I am reasonably confident that he is much more familiar with both.

1 hour ago, sphericalfox said:

Given everything he managed under. He's shown nothing but class, during, and following his dismissal.

This aggro with Puel is disturbingly manufactured from nothing. People need to get a life.

I get the football was insipid, but the hate is weird.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

From an article on The Athletic

Highest bid made for Fofana so far is £22m which has been rejected, we are expected to make a further bid of £26m

So it seems like if the €30m asking price is true we are still yet to meet it

Fair enough they haven't agreed to sell yet then! We just need to get this done - you can attempt to save a few million by dragging it out, but ultimately it could be a false economy if we end up not winning as much prize money because we don't have the reinforcements we need. 

• Like 1

On 13/09/2020 at 03:52, UHDrive said:

Why is it? He has come across so far as someone who is very open with his feelings and seems quite a sensitive person. There will always be the money involved and footballers generally have 12 years to make a living. He also needs to find the right clubs at an early age that can develop him properly. I'm a single full dad and I have a similar personality myself that will naturally always want the best for and to protect my young girl. 

Your comment is a tad skewed.

A tad? lol

Granted money is everything, and I have myself previously stated many times on this thread that it was ill-advised to do the L'Equipe interview, but trying to visual @SilverFox declining an opportunity for a better wages for doing the same job elsewhere with an indignant "NOPE! I already make enough to pay the bills". 

Edited by NaijaFox

30 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Please do not embark on a Strawman Argument. lol

I said that you are neither familiar with his family's circumstances (and being of African descent, he may even have been extending it to extended family) nor with the details and terms of his contract to leap to the conclusions you have. Between you and the player himself, I am reasonably confident that he is much more familiar with both.

You and your blooming straw man arguments lol

By the way its "Straw Man" not "Strawman" 2 words not 1 :ph34r: Strawman would be a really bad superhero 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You and your blooming straw man arguments lol

By the way its "Straw Man" not "Strawman" 2 words not 1 :ph34r:

Potato-potato... lol

Keep chasing the shadow of semantics while neglecting substance.  :ph34r:

Edited by NaijaFox
  • Like 1

I assume we haven’t met their asking price or a deal would be done

If we drag it out for a while then we run the risk of another club gazumping us and if it’s late in the window we could end up exposed and buying badly 

and the longer we drag it out then we restrict their opportunities to replace him 

its not a straightforward scenario 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, happy85 said:

This will happen.

After Man City game is where the action happens. 

tanner and dorest have confirmed business will be done last couple of weeks of the window 

it a buyer market . 

that's a dangerous game to play

in three weeks time, west ham could be bottom of the league. they may be struggling to get in a CB. there will be other sides who need to buy.  we run the risk of not meeting the asking price and then ending up with nothing or a panic fill in ala bennett.

sometimes you just have to decide what you want and do it. i get that we may end up unable to get a third face in if we spend too much on fofana but if he is considered the most important name on the list then we get him in and move onto the next ….by the time you get to where you think you're going, all the goalposts may have moved anyway!

we may have a commitment from the player and his reps that he is only going to sign for us - if so, lets hope they're trustworthy. as the end of the window comes into view, his desperation to move to the UK this side of Brexit may take over …….a move in jan could be too late.

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

that's a dangerous game to play

in three weeks time, west ham could be bottom of the league. they may be struggling to get in a CB. there will be other sides who need to buy.  we run the risk of not meeting the asking price and then ending up with nothing or a panic fill in ala bennett.

sometimes you just have to decide what you want and do it. i get that we may end up unable to get a third face in if we spend too much on fofana but if he is considered the most important name on the list then we get him in and move onto the next ….by the time you get to where you think you're going, all the goalposts may have moved anyway!

we may have a commitment from the player and his reps that he is only going to sign for us - if so, lets hope they're trustworthy. as the end of the window comes into view, his desperation to move to the UK this side of Brexit may take over …….a move in jan could be too late.

Leicester and Liverpool have the best recruitment model in the last 5 years 

Both clubs acting similar right now

Famous saying which relate to Leicester 

All the more reason for patience. I’ve made my living Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months in fact when I don’t make a bet at all, because there simply is no play. So I wait, plan, marshal my resources. And when I finally see an opportunity, and there is a bet to make. I bet it all.

• Like 1