Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CloudFox

Wesley Fofana

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Apologies but there are so many pages of will he won’t he... and I can’t read them all, so could somebody summarise please - is this one all over?

I doubt it’s all over as it was only a couple of days ago that he said he wants a move.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ASSE fans say that they should put their Fofana thread into sleep mode as he if off their naughty step yesterday lol

Those guys are as bad us lot. :rolleyes:

I agree with @Costock_Fox though, do not imagine this is over yet

Edited by Dahnsouff

9 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Admittedly, I was a bit worried about his character after the interview with the press but tonight, he handled it perfectly. Played well but showed by walking off that he doesn't want to be there. That shows a level of maturity that makes me think that his previous outburst was purely frustration and that he can be professional about it. 

I think it’s a bit harsh to question his maturity. He’s probably on about £10k a week and he’s got the opportunity to multiply that by 5 if he comes here so you can’t blame him for wanting to come and throwing his toys out the pram to make that happen. It’s hardly on the same level as sneaking in a few Icelandic birds to shag in the hotel is it. 

Why are people saying we should move on lol

He's rejected a new contract there and wants to leave to play in the Premier League still. Just because he played last night doesn't mean much. In fact it's better as he will hopefully be match-fit when he does come :dunno:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I think it’s a bit harsh to question his maturity. He’s probably on about £10k a week and he’s got the opportunity to multiply that by 5 if he comes here so you can’t blame him for wanting to come and throwing his toys out the pram to make that happen. It’s hardly on the same level as sneaking in a few Icelandic birds to shag in the hotel is it. 

I can understand he wants the move and as I said, the way he handled himself last night was the way to do it but speaking publicly, forcing the hand of the team that pays you that £10k a week and who gave you the platform to times that by 5 isn't, in my opinion. 

He would not be the first person to be misquoted by the press or have part of an interview removed and there are always 2 sides to a story. Not quite sure why all the anger at Puel he is doing what is best for his club and people would expect us to do the same when teams come in for our players. Just because  we want a player it does not mean the club has to sell to us. 

8 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Obviously I do not know his personal familial circumstances (and would reasonably guess that neither do you), but if you are remotely familiar with the neighborhoods and backgrounds of most of these kids from African immigrant families in France, you would not be so contemptuous. 

As for contracts, just because someone signs a term contract doesn't necessarily guarantee the tenure or compensation. You have to be privy to the details and terms of his present contract to be able to make a rational conclusion regarding his financial concerns and circumstances.  

They have just offered him a new contract.  Providing he doesn’t have a glove puppet carry out the negotiation it will be significantly good terms.  There is another club interested, they want him to stay, they are not going to offer a bag of skittles...

And as for the tax comment.  Diddums.  We all have to pay tax.  Tax on several million pounds, is still tax on more money than most people will make in a lifetime.

I’m not debating whether he ‘may’ make more money elsewhere.  I am simply dispelling this silly myth that he is doing it because his family will be impoverished if he doesn’t get a move.  That is utter nonsense.  He will probably have more money in his bank account than the members of this forum combined... and change.

His outburst was pathetic.  If he was our player we would be rightly panning him for his unprofessional approach.  Let’s not put the blinkers on just because he wants to sign for Leicester.

Caveat emptor.  He will do the same to us... also by the sounds of things he will need changing several times a day.

Edited by SilverFox

10 hours ago, talking_goldfish said:

He's saying he has given his response on the pitch, not that he will give his response. I take it to mean he played well and that is his beautiful response.

Aye, I edited it away I realised I read the past as the future and also failed to see the auto translate haha

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, katieakita said:

He would not be the first person to be misquoted by the press or have part of an interview removed and there are always 2 sides to a story. Not quite sure why all the anger at Puel he is doing what is best for his club and people would expect us to do the same when teams come in for our players. Just because  we want a player it does not mean the club has to sell to us. 

Did Rogers try to block Chillwell? Yes of course any Manager must do what he thinks is best for his Club, but ‘if’ we met the selling Club’ valuation (and maybe we have not) then Puel should may be consider the players point of view?   We know football is a food  chain and we are not on the top table, but in this instance we offer the player a secure financial future and a chance to play in the best league in the World. 

9 minutes ago, SilverFox said:

They have just offered him a new contract.  Providing he doesn’t have a glove puppet carry out the negotiation it will be significantly good terms.  There is another club interested, they want him to stay, they are not going to offer a bag of skittles...

and as for the tax comment.  Diddums.  We all have to pay tax.  Tax on several million pounds, is still tax on more money then most people will make in a lifetime.

I’m not debating whether he ‘may’ make more money elsewhere.  I am simply dispelling this silly myth that he is doing it because his family will be impoverished if he doesn’t get a move.  That is utter nonsense.  He will probably have more money in his bank account than the members of this forum combined... and change.

His outburst was pathetic.  If he was our player we would be rightly panning him for his unprofessional approach.  Let’s not put the blinkers on just because he wants to sign for Leicester.

Caveat emptor.  He will do the same to us... also by the sounds of things he will need changing several times a day.

Why is it? He has come across so far as someone who is very open with his feelings and seems quite a sensitive person. There will always be the money involved and footballers generally have 12 years to make a living. He also needs to find the right clubs at an early age that can develop him properly. I'm a single full dad and I have a similar personality myself that will naturally always want the best for and to protect my young girl. 

Your comment is a tad skewed.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Why is it? He has come across so far as someone who is very open with his feelings and seems quite a sensitive person. There will always be the money involved and footballers generally have 12 years to make a living. He also needs to find the right clubs at an early age that can develop him properly. I'm a single full dad and I have a similar personality myself that will naturally always want the best for and to protect my young girl. 

Your comment is a tad skewed.

At even 15k a week he will make £2.3m in 3 years.  That is more than most people will make in a lifetime.  Over 12 years that is nearly £10m.  Let’s not be blinkered just because he wants to sign for Leicester.  He and his family we be fine unless they take up some very expensive habits. 

Also what a croc that after 12 years they can’t make any further living.

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

Misquoted?  It was a ****ing monologue lol

50 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Did Rogers try to block Chillwell? Yes of course any Manager must do what he thinks is best for his Club, but ‘if’ we met the selling Club’ valuation (and maybe we have not) then Puel should may be consider the players point of view?   We know football is a food  chain and we are not on the top table, but in this instance we offer the player a secure financial future and a chance to play in the best league in the World. 

Agree, think as long as we are truly interested he will come. Lots of ifs and buts things like quarantine and their targets to name 2 and by and large we do quite well in recruitment and selling

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Why are people saying we should move on lol

He's rejected a new contract there and wants to leave to play in the Premier League still. Just because he played last night doesn't mean much. In fact it's better as he will hopefully be match-fit when he does come :dunno:

Can just see Puel not wanting this to happen and we know he is stubborn. Great if he does come.

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Apologies but there are so many pages of will he won’t he... and I can’t read them all, so could somebody summarise please - is this one all over?

That’s just lazy!

You should be forced to read through every page, every comment, and gradually lose the will to live like we all have to! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick said:

may I offer the following summary?

Any manager else would protect their asset unless they have another option. That'll be the manager and owners. If they were sorted I'm thinking this would be done. We have a few days of PR for their fans until they do. Fofana does his thing and plays with dignity, they get sorted, but we'll have to suck it up til then.

This transfer is the turning point for our club. The entire narrative of our season hinges on this lad. We finally have a scapegoat. Puel

We have no movement on this as Puel can't find a replacement. We're moving onto other targets.

Puel says no either way.

This above is bollocks. Puel is a C***T

(disclaimer: I don't think that - I think we're moving on)

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1