Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
a kind fan

CAN WE MAKE LIVE MATCHES BETTER?

Hey, guys. I am a big fan of the Premier League. I really appreciate the platform because it is a good place where we can share our opinions and fan stories about favorite football teams on it.

I have a plea. Could you help me take the survey about fan experience in the Premier League? It will take you a couple of minutes. Many thanks. The link is here;

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...n7UUxoSDl-h5fuOVqiDiiPsg/viewform?usp=sf_link

29 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Thats a nice story grandpa

I'm only a few years older than you. It's the football, mate. It's not some kind of opportunity fair where fantastic potential lay untapped. 

You go buy a ticket, watch the game, get home or to the pub. 

This experience driven, opportunity laden, phantasmagorium concept is ****ing stupid. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm only a few years older than you. It's the football, mate. It's not some kind of opportunity fair where fantastic potential lay untapped. 

You go buy a ticket, watch the game, get home or to the pub. 

This experience driven, opportunity laden, phantasmagorium concept is ****ing stupid. 

If you don't like all the other stuff then turn up at 3 and leave at 4:45

Moaning about it won't change anything, if people like it then watch it and engage. If you don't then don't bother watching it. 

35 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

If you don't like all the other stuff then turn up at 3 and leave at 4:45

Moaning about it won't change anything, if people like it then watch it and engage. If you don't then don't bother watching it. 

Do they like it? I'd guess most couldn't care less, they just want to see their team win. If your team loses with a bad performance, no amount of cheerleaders, light shows, half-time competitions or giveaways can turn the day into a fun experience.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue

Ive been going for nearly 50 years,  beer burger friends singing football, light shows and the rest of the attempt to americanize it can hopefully disappear completely. 

You guys should see what the MLS is like. Its embarassing. I went to my first toronto game and pre-match there were fireworks going off, I asked what theyd won.... nope, nothing they just do it everygame.  They also have a fricken theme park attached to the stadium and blare music all game, you genuinely cant hear the crowd. 

The only pro was a big bucket of popcorn... because why the hell not. So add popcorn to the KP is basically the only improvement I want .... Oh and swap the kop for the family stand :ph34r:

There's nothing wrong with light shows, fireworks and cheer leaders etc but would you go to watch that if there was no football as well or would you stop going to the football if those things weren't there? I think the answer for 99% of us would be no.

Edited by Webbo

I know we'd all prefer it to be just about the football, and bear,* bare,with me..ive had an idea... if we went full on Tottenham, a match day experience so people spend all day there, two meals kind of job, great big bar with highlights and other games on..people who want to spend the day at the ground, spending their money in the bars and restaurants and ideally merch, can do that rather than going nandos or wetherspoons after or before the game, we gather up all those monies, tickets can remain relatively cheap because we're raking it in on the burgers, beers, nachos,  Filbert fox condoms..

People who just want the 90mins of football because that's how they've always liked it can do that still.

We don't need the fireworks light displays, no one's coming for that, but for the day out I'd much rather my money goes to Top than Tim Martin.

Pretty sure spurs make way more from retail than tickets on a matchday.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Webbo said:

There's nothing wrong with light shows, fireworks and cheer leaders etc but would you go to watch that if there was no football as well or would you stop going to the football if those things weren't there? I think the answer for 99% of us would be no.

If you’re asking if the guys on this forum would go to a cheerleader firework show. I think the answer would be 99% yes lol

6 hours ago, Heskey2011 said:

I know we'd all prefer it to be just about the football, and bear,* bare,with me..ive had an idea... if we went full on Tottenham, a match day experience so people spend all day there, two meals kind of job, great big bar with highlights and other games on..people who want to spend the day at the ground, spending their money in the bars and restaurants and ideally merch, can do that rather than going nandos or wetherspoons after or before the game, we gather up all those monies, tickets can remain relatively cheap because we're raking it in on the burgers, beers, nachos,  Filbert fox condoms..

People who just want the 90mins of football because that's how they've always liked it can do that still.

We don't need the fireworks light displays, no one's coming for that, but for the day out I'd much rather my money goes to Top than Tim Martin.

Pretty sure spurs make way more from retail than tickets on a matchday.

The light shows, fireworks etc can get binned but in terms of generating revenue for the club by creating a fuller day experience, you make a very valid point. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, foxile5 said:

The phrase 'unmet experience, need and opportunities' made my toes curl up.

This is part of the problem; it's not an experience for most fans attending the game. It's something they've been doing for years, usually with their family, and forms more of a hobby. It's not a track day driving a Ferarri or whatever and personally I resent the whole concept of having to force 'experience' into it at all. 

The light shows and fan cam can get right in the bin. It's football that we go to watch.

So yea, get rid of the whole attitude towards it being a ****ing experience and that would improve football no end.

Absolutely spot on! Pretentious PR bollocks. They really are missing the point. 

10 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Ive been going for nearly 50 years,  beer burger friends singing football, light shows and the rest of the attempt to americanize it can hopefully disappear completely. 

I don’t think the beers and burgers are Americanisms. You’ve been going 50 years, you should know :dunno:

The entertainment used to be penalty shootouts for fans occasionally and watching the young lassies walk around the edge of the pitch with matchday programmes.

I think people go for the football and that's what matters the added entertainment is a bonus for some and for others irrelevant but it doesn't really detract from the football. The freebies are always a bonus whether it's food or goodies.

Don't need the lights and sound and nubiles but not worried about them being there.

It's decent chanting that's missing (perhaps get the monks in).