Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

4 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Who are ‘they’ in your post Gordon? The people who have caused the damage or the people supporting the BLM cause?

Either or both, I have no idea what

the objective was or who did it .I would guess that it`s a group of local kid`s who would have no idea what B.L.M. stands for! and as for a civil war they likely don`t know we had two world wars not so long ago.

Either way there will be those that assume B.L.M. are responsible, and if they are it will do their cause no good at all.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

Either or both, I have no idea what

the objective was or who did it .I would guess that it`s a group of local kid`s who would have no idea what B.L.M. stands for! and as for a civil war they likely don`t know we had two world wars not so long ago.

Either way there will be those that assume B.L.M. are responsible, and if they are it will do their cause no good at all...........or even if they are not.

100 or so care workers are threatened to be sacked unless they sign a new contract by a healthcare company.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/care-firm-branded-disgrace-carers-4252296

I'd resigned if I were them, as no employee should be treated in this manner.

Edited by Wymsey
Removed 'don't'

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Not actually so hard when you consider their worldviews are often broadly the same, just a different ethnicity/ideology in charge.

I think I've said this before on here but Jon Ronson's THEM is a great, great read that goes in to this. 

He spends some time with both white supremacists and jihadists and its nuts how much their conspiracy theory beliefs overlap. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think I've said this before on here but Jon Ronson's THEM is a great, great read that goes in to this. 

He spends some time with both white supremacists and jihadists and its nuts how much their conspiracy theory beliefs overlap. 

I'll have to check that one out.

But yeah, actually I reckon that's a lot of the reasoning for the antipathy between such groups - they all share the philosophy that there's only room for one group like theirs at the top.

And each one tries to pass itself off as the pure and just one, which is the most twisted part of it all.

Edited by leicsmac

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I'll have to check that one out.

But yeah, actually I reckon that's a lot of the reasoning for the antipathy between such groups - they all share the philosophy that there's only room for one group like theirs at the top.

And each one tries to pass itself off as the pure and just one, which is the most twisted part of it all.

I mean they're both far right ideologies, it's what's funny about Conservative Christian America's extreme islamophobia, the world and prejudice of both aren't miles away from each other. 

The biggest common denomimator in Ronson's experience with American white supremacists and jihadists was a shared paranoia about super groups of wealthy Jews controlling the world. 

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean they're both far right ideologies, it's what's funny about Conservative Christian America's extreme islamophobia, the world and prejudice of both aren't miles away from each other. 

The biggest common denomimator in Ronson's experience with American white supremacists and jihadists was a shared paranoia about super groups of wealthy Jews controlling the world. 

I'd say they're very very close to each other, actually. I would say that another reason for their fear and hate towards each other is that they recognise their own inhumanity within the other, but I honestly don't think either bunch is actually that self aware.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

100 or so care workers are threatened to be sacked unless they don't sign a new contract by a healthcare company.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/care-firm-branded-disgrace-carers-4252296

I'd resigned if I were them, as no employee should be treated in this manner.

Scumbags. This pandemic has come at the greatest possible time for donkeys like these. We were finally in a position where there was a shortage of workers, so wages were having to rise as companies competed for bodies, with the job losses caused by the pandemic we're back to square one. Where there's gonna be hundreds of thousands if not millions of people looking for work who are so desperate they'll take any old crap. 

My boss tried the same shite trying to rob our holiday pay for this year. Luckily you can't train someone off the street in a couple of weeks to do our jobs so we all told him to sod off. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Scumbags. This pandemic has come at the greatest possible time for donkeys like these. We were finally in a position where there was a shortage of workers, so wages were having to rise as companies competed for bodies, with the job losses caused by the pandemic we're back to square one. Where there's gonna be hundreds of thousands if not millions of people looking for work who are so desperate they'll take any old crap. 

My boss tried the same shite trying to rob our holiday pay for this year. Luckily you can't train someone off the street in a couple of weeks to do our jobs so we all told him to sod off. 

Another example of Acton being proven right, sadly: power, at least unaccountable power, corrupts. That's why the accountability is so important.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/53159686

Wtf. I saw something about this the other day that had the whole nascar community up in arms. Turns out it was over a door handle. :facepalm:

Sod. How daft.

Worst thing is that now will be used to deflect from legit stuff going on...like the sudden spate of mysterious "suicides" involving people of colour being found hanging from trees.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/us/hanging-deaths-california.html

https://globalnews.ca/news/7074740/black-man-hanging-texas/

Given the historical connotations, does anyone  think any person of colour would choose to go out that way, much less many within a few days?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Sod. How daft.

Worst thing is that now will be used to deflect from legit stuff going on...like the sudden spate of mysterious "suicides" involving people of colour being found hanging from trees.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/19/us/hanging-deaths-california.html

https://globalnews.ca/news/7074740/black-man-hanging-texas/

Given the historical connotations, does anyone  think any person of colour would choose to go out that way, much less many within a few days?

Wow. Sounds grim. Hopefully they get to the bottom of it quickly. 

I'm hoping that the whole nascar incident can be used exactly how it should be, to remind everyone that with tensions running so high, it's likely some people will see ghosts where there is just the wind and people need to hold judgement both ways until crimes (or non-crimes) can be proven. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Wow. Sounds grim. Hopefully they get to the bottom of it quickly. 

I'm hoping that the whole nascar incident can be used exactly how it should be, to remind everyone that with tensions running so high, it's likely some people will see ghosts where there is just the wind and people need to hold judgement both ways until crimes (or non-crimes) can be proven. 

I'd certainly agree...with the caveat that in a few places and more than a few circumstances the system that passes judgement itself is corrupt and so might not be reliable.

Of course, that opens a whole can of worms about the best way to deal with that but it is what it is - in fact, I think that fact is a key part of what all of this recent action is trying to highlight.

On 23/06/2020 at 13:05, leicsmac said:

I'd say they're very very close to each other, actually. I would say that another reason for their fear and hate towards each other is that they recognise their own inhumanity within the other, but I honestly don't think either bunch is actually that self aware.

Horseshoe political theory isn't it.

The political spectrum isn't really a line, in fact it's more like a horseshoe so the further right or further left you go the more the closer you get to the other end of spectrum 

8 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Horseshoe political theory isn't it.

The political spectrum isn't really a line, in fact it's more like a horseshoe so the further right or further left you go the more the closer you get to the other end of spectrum 

I don't even think it's horseshoe in this case tbh - I wouldn't call Daesh or other such death worshipping fascists hardcore Stalinists, which would be the opposite end of the horseshoe to the Christian fundies IMO.

They're on the same side of the horseshoe, but they both want that particular side just for themselves.

So black NASCAR driver gets told there was a noose in his garage. Goes on a talk show and CNN, makes a video, pouring with outrage and spouting off about it.

Turns out it's bowline on the garage door pull and it's been there for years.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7101573/nascar-noose-fbi-investigation-bubba-wallace/

Edited by simFox

1 hour ago, simFox said:

So black NASCAR driver gets told there was a noose in his garage. Goes on a talk show and CNN, makes a video, pouring with outrage and spouting off about it.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7101573/nascar-noose-fbi-investigation-bubba-wallace

Weird one. When found it is wasn't a symbol of hatred he seems to try and make out that it being a noose is somehow wrong. 

It's a type of knot. It's mere existence isn't an act of hatred if it wasn't intended as such. Think the chap is reaching a bit there. 

19 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Weird one. When found it is wasn't a symbol of hatred he seems to try and make out that it being a noose is somehow wrong. 

It's a type of knot. It's mere existence isn't an act of hatred if it wasn't intended as such. Think the chap is reaching a bit there. 

Don't tell @StanSP

4 hours ago, simFox said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/7101573/nascar-noose-fbi-investigation-bubba-wallace/

Ridiculous.

Stuff like this just detracts from the genuine acts of racism that we should be stamping out.