Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s almost like they are completely oblivious to the fact people fought to end segregation. Mind blowing ignorance on show.

Don't call them ignorant. They're enlightened people who are acting with a full Understanding of the suffering and strife for racial quality. 

They're not at all entitled, privileged idiots trying to make themselves feel as though they're contributing to society. 

• Like 1

Was always going to happen, brings out the racist opposition. Leave it another couple of generations and racism will disappear naturally but the fires keep on being stoked! As i see see it, those fires are being stoked by the very people opposed to racism, but hey ho.

Edited by yorkie1999

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Utterly bizarre. I don't know what that solves.

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s almost like they are completely oblivious to the fact people fought to end segregation. Mind blowing ignorance on show.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

It's so counter-intuitive.

2 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Don't call them ignorant. They're enlightened people who are acting with a full Understanding of the suffering and strife for racial quality. 

They're not at all entitled, privileged idiots trying to make themselves feel as though they're contributing to society. 

Something Stephen Fry said in a debate about political correctness a couple of years ago that's really stuck with me. These people (the activists, not the groups of people they claim to represent), seem to prefer to be "right" rather than to be effective. 

17 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The 'Black Lives Matter' campaign has, perhaps, made the racism issue in society much worse now than before the Floyd death (especially online)..

Has it? Or has it only highlighted it? 

People who hold racist beliefs have always lived amongst us and sadly always will (probably) but it's only because of the scrutiny right now that they are being highlighted. 

We've always known about the various statues and whatnot that glorify slavery and the bods to our past but until now, we've never really thought much of it. 

Maybe you could say that the race issue is getting worse but only because one side has started to fight back. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Was always going to happen, brings out the racist opposition. Leave it another couple of generations and racism will disappear naturally but the fires keep on being stoked! As i see see it, those fires are being stoked by the very people opposed to racism, but hey ho.

What makes you think that the next 60 years will be any different than the last 400? 

4 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Has it? Or has it only highlighted it? 

People who hold racist beliefs have always lived amongst us and sadly always will (probably) but it's only because of the scrutiny right now that they are being highlighted. 

We've always known about the various statues and whatnot that glorify slavery and the bods to our past but until now, we've never really thought much of it. 

Maybe you could say that the race issue is getting worse but only because one side has started to fight back. 

Not even remotely close to the truth. Seeing "ordinary" people say things I haven't heard said in years. I'm not scrutinizing, it was just not there before. Cages have been rattled, jimmies have been rustled and it will be the very people looking to stop it that ironically set it off in the first place.

You can't force people to not be racist, for sure, you can try. You can get all their "heroes" to take a knee and sing happy songs and wear positive slogans but for the most part it won't change a damn thing but make the worst of them even worse.

Just now, Strokes said:

You think we are all as racist now as we were 400 years ago?

Absolutely not. That's my point. But we didn't become more tolerant by "leaving it" like the previous poster suggested. We became more tolerant after years of civil wars, civil rights movements, riots and countless needless lives list and the reactions to them. Sugesting that we just get the head down and ignore it and it will go away isn't hoe we have made the progress that we have. 

6 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Not even remotely close to the truth. Seeing "ordinary" people say things I haven't heard said in years. I'm not scrutinizing, it was just not there before. Cages have been rattled, jimmies have been rustled and it will be the very people looking to stop it that ironically set it off in the first place.

You can't force people to not be racist, for sure, you can try. You can get all their "heroes" to take a knee and sing happy songs and wear positive slogans but for the most part it won't change a damn thing but make the worst of them even worse.

This precisely proves my point. You think these folk have only JUST started believing the nonsense they are saying? No, you don't just become racist, that sh!t is always there, it's only now that these folk are being smoked out. Why, because of recent events. 

You are right when you say that you can't force folk not to be racist but I would rather know who they are so I can cut them to fich out my life and they can live their sad miserable existence alone or until they realise that they are the issue. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Absolutely not. That's my point. But we didn't become more tolerant by "leaving it" like the previous poster suggested. We became more tolerant after years of civil wars, civil rights movements, riots and countless needless lives list and the reactions to them. Sugesting that we just get the head down and ignore it and it will go away isn't hoe we have made the progress that we have. 

Plenty of rights have been attributed without notable protests, it’s nonsense to suggest we aren’t progressing all the time. It might not be at the pace some would like but I’ve never seen protests quite like these and things have dramatically improved in my lifetime.

This precisely proves my point. You think these folk have only JUST started believing the nonsense they are saying? No, you don't just become racist, that sh!t is always there, it's only now that these folk are being smoked out. Why, because of recent events. 

You are right when you say that you can't force folk not to be racist but I would rather know who they are so I can cut them to fich out my life and they can live their sad miserable existence alone or until they realise that they are the issue. 

No it doesn't. They aren't coming out of the woodwork because of scrutiny, they are being smoked out by fire. Do you really think escalating racial issues to the point where the closet racists become angry enough to actually be openly racist is a good thing? A positive step?

For all the hubub (mostly surrounding america, like it somehow has anything to do with us) we were getting better. These things take time, force it and there could be a backlash far worse than the original problem.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Plenty of rights have been attributed without notable protests, it’s nonsense to suggest we aren’t progressing all the time. It might not be at the pace some would like but I’ve never seen protests quite like these and things have dramatically improved in my lifetime.

Civil wars and protests are not the only way to fight this fight. People have been fighting this behind the scenes for years. We like to think that we have made giant leaps forward and in some respects we have. I never really believed that racism was still a huge issue in Britain until I went to Bradford a few years ago.... Tjat was a wake up call for me. 

Absolutely not. That's my point. But we didn't become more tolerant by "leaving it" like the previous poster suggested. We became more tolerant after years of civil wars, civil rights movements, riots and countless needless lives list and the reactions to them. Sugesting that we just get the head down and ignore it and it will go away isn't hoe we have made the progress that we have

Well , actually it is, because  like it or not, that's how society works,  firstly everyone hates outsiders and then, eventually, we start to tolerate outsiders, and then  we start to change our attitudes towards outsiders and then those outsiders become part of society. That's just how it works.

10 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Civil wars and protests are not the only way to fight this fight. People have been fighting this behind the scenes for years. We like to think that we have made giant leaps forward and in some respects we have. I never really believed that racism was still a huge issue in Britain until I went to Bradford a few years ago.... Tjat was a wake up call for me. 

In what respect?

15 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

In what respect?

In the conflicts between religions down there (not exactly racism, I know but the same type of bullshit). I never actually saw one but locals told me about areas that had police notices on the lampposts, advising people of certain backgrounds not to be there after dark. The weekend I was there, a young Muslim boy was put in a wheelibin and it was set alight. I had never saw that kind of intolerance before and I'm from the west coast of scotland....

51 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

No it doesn't. They aren't coming out of the woodwork because of scrutiny, they are being smoked out by fire. Do you really think escalating racial issues to the point where the closet racists become angry enough to actually be openly racist is a good thing? A positive step?

For all the hubub (mostly surrounding america, like it somehow has anything to do with us) we were getting better. These things take time, force it and there could be a backlash far worse than the original problem.

I guess the counterargument that might be used there is that getting the closet racists out into the open illustrates the problem better, makes them easier to spot, and therefore easier to neutralise.

For the record, I don't agree with that argument because I don't really see how it is any more effective than gradual more peaceful change over time, as you do...but I can see why the argument is used.

I think a major part of the BLM protests is that they've been done in the current climate where they are technically illegal.

Circumstances have caused resentment.

My Father in law has been diagnosed with cancer, is having a series of operations, which are major surgery, in a bid to save his life.

My Mrs and his grandchildren aren't allowed to hug him, even though they'll potentially never see him again.

But it's cool for thousands of people to protest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53142676

Wow. Mixer went big last year throwing money at anyone with a pulse and a following, luring some genuinely big names onto the platform, now they announce it's shutting down and they're teaming up with facebook...But all current contracts are voided so all the streamers are now free agents.

A huge win for twitch since not many will choose facebook of all places, and they've done absolutely nothing to get it. lol

Strange as balls time to announce it too with the whole gaming version of #metoo hitting in the last couple days. :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

Scum, thick as pig muck.....that will do their cause the world of good!

Who are ‘they’ in your post Gordon? The people who have caused the damage or the people supporting the BLM cause?

• Like 1