Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

Also in the news

Just now, Innovindil said:

Hell no. I'd be banned faster than you could say toddybad. :ph34r:

That's a damn shame Inno. :D

But in all seriousness, it does really worry me how folks out in the world are making a big noise out of this and other apparent distractions and the problem that actually needs to be tackled seems to be being sidelined. Perhaps I'm making too much of it, but I'm thinking that the institutions in the US that need to change will do anything to not change and maintain the status quo where they have more power (and they are very good at manipulating public opinion for their own ends), so IMO it's much better to keep the heat on them as much as possible for as long as possible.

15 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

That's a damn shame Inno. :D

But in all seriousness, it does really worry me how folks out in the world are making a big noise out of this and other apparent distractions and the problem that actually needs to be tackled seems to be being sidelined. Perhaps I'm making too much of it, but I'm thinking that the institutions in the US that need to change will do anything to not change and maintain the status quo where they have more power (and they are very good at manipulating public opinion for their own ends), so IMO it's much better to keep the heat on them as much as possible for as long as possible.

Hey I'm on your side, I think talking about this nothingness is crazy. But aside from "the man" actively seeking to tunnel vision public perceptions into non-issues, it's also being exacerbated by sjw-types that have to fight EVERY issue for the sake of the fight instead of the sake of the "goal".

11 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

If anyone is willing to answer, I'm curious as to the overall importance of the "noose" incident now that it's been established it's most likely an unfortunate coincidence?

The issue that began all this isn't going away, and indeed seems to be deadlocked in an utterly dysfunctional US government apparatus, while all of this is happening.

I mean, yeah, it's possible to focus on more than one thing at a time and all that can be done on here is chew the fat, but at the risk of repeating myself, the amount of attention being focused on something that seemingly.now has little relevance to the big issue is a mite worrying.

To me, it shows that people are looking for things to represent racism, as the pulling down of statues shows. Considering the noose had been there for a year or so, i bet no-one even twigged it would be seen as to represent hanging a black man. More likely that some racing crew had tied it as a joke when some driver had fvcked up on the track, and it had just been left there and used as the shutter door pull. 

1200.jpg

49 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

To me, it shows that people are looking for things to represent racism, as the pulling down of statues shows. Considering the noose had been there for a year or so, i bet no-one even twigged it would be seen as to represent hanging a black man. More likely that some racing crew had tied it as a joke when some driver had fvcked up on the track, and it had just been left there and used as the shutter door pull. 

1200.jpg

Also it’s pretty racist to assume it was a white guy that created it.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Hey I'm on your side, I think talking about this nothingness is crazy. But aside from "the man" actively seeking to tunnel vision public perceptions into non-issues, it's also being exacerbated by sjw-types that have to fight EVERY issue for the sake of the fight instead of the sake of the "goal".

Agreed - the classical "useful idiots". Tbh I can see where the conspiracies that some of them aren't in fact playing for that "side" come from when what they do is so spectacularly counterproductive.

Speaking of sides, though, I'm still baffled that there's sides on this particular issue at all - the numbers speak for themselves. But then there's climate change ignorers and anti vaxxers still abound so perhaps I shouldn't be so confused.

41 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

1200.jpg

Thanks for the response - that's pretty much what I figured, but I wanted to be sure.

My response to that would be similar to what has been echoed above - yes, there are people looking to make mountains out of molehills but that doesn't mean other, bigger mountains exist and this shouldn't distract from them.

• Like 1

Just now, Strokes said:

It still is.

It was a fair assumption given that people who have access to the NASCAR pits are nearly entirely White. 

It’s a same fair assumption that the existing coronavirus outbreak in Leicester possess a relationship to Asian communities. 

Those assumptions are based on facts 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

It was a fair assumption given that people who have access to the NASCAR pits are nearly entirely White. 

It’s a same fair assumption that the existing coronavirus outbreak in Leicester possess a relationship to Asian communities. 

Those assumptions are based on facts 

It’s not a fair assumption even if the demographics a far in that favour, it’s an assumption without evidence based on race.

If I got attacked in Brixton but didn’t see my attacker but said oh it was probably a black guy, that would be racist.

7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Liver building currently on fire... It was apparently lit up in blue so some Liverpool fans threw lit fireworks at it.

Well it is owned in part by the Everton chairman and Everton have some offices there.lol

22 hours ago, ozleicester said:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-26/nascar-releases-photo-of-noose-in-bubba-wallace-garage/12397248

NASCAR asked officials at every track to check their garages this week. Out of 1,684 garage stalls at 29 tracks, only 11 had a garage door pull-down rope tied in a knot, Phelps said, and the only one fashioned in a noose was the one discovered Sunday by a crew member in Wallace's Number 43 stall.

A small noose hangs from the ceiling in a room next to a garage stall

Let's be clear on the pics.

I'm sure bubba would love to be charcterised as the brilliant NASCAR driver, struggling against oppression and hate. The reality is, he isn't.

20200626_213738.jpg

20200626_213907.jpg

20200626_213555.jpg

Edited by simFox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Liver building currently on fire... It was apparently lit up in blue so some Liverpool fans threw lit fireworks at it.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Well it is owned in part by the Everton chairman and Everton have some offices there.lol

Lit up blue for NHS though!

They've blamed it on Mancs or not real reds 'infiltrating' celebrations lol

Twats. 

Are they morons.

Not only a great building...... but a great building in their City.

Why couldn't Everton have won the league instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Lit up blue for NHS though!

They've blamed it on Mancs or not real reds 'infiltrating' celebrations lol

Twats. 

They’re not twats ......they’re scumbag  scouse Liverpool supporters ......we all know exactly what they are like - self entitled, even after thirty years of no title win....... and showing the main reason why so many of us would prefer oil city to win it year after year than them !   Too late now though ........

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

They’re not twats ......they’re scumbag at scouser Liverpool supporters ......we all know exactly what they are like - self entitled, even after thirty years of no title win....... and showing the main reason why so many of us would prefer oil city to win it year after year than them !   Too late now though ........

So they could be twats then? lol