Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

They best do. I will be seeing my best local buddy who lives on his own, whatever they say. We always stay outdoors anyway (going for local walks) and the evidence shows the risks of transmission outdoors is really low. 

I’m on my own and have relied heavily on my 2 daughters and my partner who I don’t live with.

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

These are the measures to be announced by the PM at 5, as I understand it. They will begin at 0001 Thursday 5 November and last until 2 December. And they are, In effect, a new “Tier 4” that will be imposed for a month initially to the whole of England.

1) All pubs and restaurants to close, though takeaways and deliveries will be permitted.
2) All non-essential retail to close, though supermarkets won't have to follow the Welsh example of fencing off non-essential goods.
3) There will be no mixing of people inside homes, except for childcare and other forms of support
4) Manufacturing and construction will be encouraged to keep going.
5) Outbound international travel will be banned, except for work.
6) Travel within the UK will be discouraged, except for work.
7) Overnight stays away from home will be allowed only for work purposes
8) Courts, schools, and universities will remain open
9) Outdoor exercise and recreation will be encouraged.
10) Private prayer will continue in places of worship, but not services.

After 2 December, the exit strategy is that different parts of the country will then have their local economies and behaviour governed by the existing Tiers, namely Tiers 1 to 3, depending on how serious the virus is in these respective places.

Point 9 for me. What does that mean? Football? Running? Outdoor swimming. It’s points like that, that annoy me because that is exactly how the government will word it’s always so painfully vague.

17 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

What's the end game?

Is there any evidence that shopping and hospitality are driving the increase in numbers?

The rush to get back to "the new normal" has possibly led to a laxity in people's thinking towards the virus and how to protect themselves and others. 

Shops and hospitality represent and easy and oblivious target for being seen "to do something" - but these are spots where people will relax, mingle and generally behave differently than in more professional settings. 

Plus if you consider the complexity and difficulty of track and trace when someone has been at something like a shopping mall, pub or restaurant - areas with mass turnovers of people in short spaces of time, they feel like a prime candidate for initial restrictions. At least with schools, universities and places of work - these places know who will be there day in day out. 

Problem is, the first lockdown was such an unprecedented and unthinkable move to many that most people took on board the restrictions in good spirits.

I'm not sure this will be the case second time around.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’m on my own and have relied heavily on my 2 daughters and my partner who I don’t live with.

This must be causing you a lot of anxiety - I hope you get some reassurance from the speech today, and whatever happens, just do what you need to do, keep your network as small as possible, but make sure you get some interaction.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I assume gyms will have to close again?

Gutted if so. It’s the only thing keeping me sane atm

I’d imagine so. Yet one thing I would mention, with the amount of people that have been using the gyms, had they been one of the main contributors to the rise I would have thought it would have been more obvious.... I see the same faces in my gym all of the time, granted I know that means nothing as people could be asymptomatic and have it, but I would have expected to see a fierce spread. I think it’s a simple as it isn’t, they’re probably the cleanest places to be right now, provided they’re on top of the cleaning which my gym is.  

Seems much stricter than what we have over in Germania. Think it is a bit unfair on shops, I havent seen much evidence that they are a cause of major transmission if the shops are following all the rules - ours are all open. Looks increasingly like I wont get back to Leicester for Xmas :(

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Lucky bastard.

I dont see it that way, havent seen my family or friends since last Xmas! The thought of being back was giving me something nice to look forward to, lets see how it goes.

Edited by lgfualol

50 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Basically loads of places will be like this right up until Christmas, probably longer. They might just allow mixing households on Christmas day etc.

Remember when the first lockdown was only for 3 weeks?

No, because it never was. It was to be reviewed every 3 weeks, as was the case 

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Seems much stricter than what we have over in Germania. Think it is a bit unfair on shops, I havent seen much evidence that they are a cause of major transmission if the shops are following all the rules - ours are all open. Looks increasingly like I wont get back to Leicester for Xmas :(

Sorry to hear that :cry: Quite a few of our local shops had developed really good click and collect services which meant you didn't even need to go into the store. You would hope there could be a bit more flexibility. 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d imagine so. Yet one thing I would mention, with the amount of people that have been using the gyms, had they been one of the main contributors to the rise I would have thought it would have been more obvious.... I see the same faces in my gym all of the time, granted I know that means nothing as people could be asymptomatic and have it, but I would have expected to see a fierce spread. I think it’s a simple as it isn’t, they’re probably the cleanest places to be right now, provided they’re on top of the cleaning which my gym is.  

Think I read a recent statistic that out of the millions of gym visits since July, only 76 case of Covid reported from gyms and none of these went back and spread into communities.

I've said on here a few times that my gym (Pure Gym) have been brilliant at enforcing hygiene standards and social distancing. I feel safer in my gym than out shopping tbh.

So yeah, lets close them and take away my one enjoyment in life atm :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

They surely can’t put it in place until December the second? The country will go mad as soon as it is lifted.... they’re lifting it at the start of the national piss up season.... not to mention the Christmas shops......

Everywhere will probably be released locally, initially it tier 3, so not much will change.