Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Bullshit to baffle brains. 

Essentially this could be summed up as 'There have been more cases lately.' 

You can barely read some of the text. Some of the graphs are just lines and numbers with no context 🤣

24 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Government delaying the announcement twice. They're obviously still discussing what to do. Imo when announcing you'll be holding a press conference that means everything is signed and put in place, not that you're still nowhere near finalising things. Doesn't fill me with any confidence in the decisions. Everything done one the fly, thats the Johnson way.

As it wasn't meant to be announced till Monday apparently, so would make sense to spend the weekend smoothing things out. 

Genuine questions for anyone who knows the answers.

What happened to all these companies willing to make ventilators?

When increasing NHS staff, how long does it take to train them? I mean just your average NHS healthcare assistant here, not a fully qualified doctor or nurse. Why didn't we hire a huge huge numbers of them 7 months ago while also creating new hospitals and increasing the number of NHS beds? Surely people could have been trained and placed into these new hospitals, to keep patients away from COVID ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Genuine questions for anyone who knows the answers.

What happened to all these companies willing to make ventilators?

When increasing NHS staff, how long does it take to train them? I mean just your average NHS healthcare assistant here, not a fully qualified doctor or nurse. Why didn't we hire a huge huge numbers of them 7 months ago while also creating new hospitals and increasing the number of NHS beds? Surely people could have been trained and placed into these new hospitals, to keep patients away from COVID ones.

because there is a hidden agenda

• Haha 1

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

Absolutely no data to justify closure of gyms. Transmission rate has been extremely low. Should be classed as essential for both physical and mental health. Boris has lost my vote, the scruffy ****.

Spot on my friend.

1 minute ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Absolutely no data to justify closure of gyms. Transmission rate has been extremely low. Should be classed as essential for both physical and mental health. Boris has lost my vote, the scruffy ****.

Nothing to do with data. 

All data points towards school and universities being massive vectors for transmission. Closing them would be the most sensible thing to do. 

This isn't data driven. 

• Like 4

Just now, foxile5 said:

Nothing to do with data. 

All data points towards school and universities being massive vectors for transmission. Closing them would be the most sensible thing to do. 

This isn't data driven. 

Unfortunately, those who go against the grain do not have a voice or are brushed aside and marked irrelevant.

• Like 1

This is probably a completely stupid opinion, but it always grates me when politicians are reading from notes or a teleprompter that someone else has written up. Would rather see them have knowledge of the research/data and speak from the heart. 

That speech from Boris just doesn’t feel natural, almost robotic. 

Edited by Shane

Nothing to do with data. 

This isn't data driven. 

So whats the justification for closing gyms?

Nothing to do with data. 

This isn't data driven. 

I fully supported keeping gyms open, but you can't be stopping education for another month plus 

Only care about extending the furlough when the south is locked down too, didn't want to extend for the north :ph34r:

There is a part of me who resents paying all this back in the future  depsite not receiving a penny but I understand the need for it. 

Fingers crossed it's only November but I'm not counting on it. 

The point of closing gyms, non essential shops is to stop people going out, not necessarily because those places are hot beds for infection. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 2

This has genuinely been a horrible year, life is pointless at the minute, nothing to look forward to except the possibility we may one day get back to some form of normality.

I feel for anyone losing their job or business over all this.

The numbers will only get worse too, for a few weeks at least, with schools and universities open, the R rate will still be way above one.

• Like 2