Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They surely can’t put it in place until December the second? The country will go mad as soon as it is lifted.... they’re lifting it at the start of the national piss up season.... not to mention the Christmas shops......

The more cynical amongst us might suggest that’s not a coincidence 

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I dont see it that way, havent seen my family or friends since last Xmas! The thought of being back was giving me something nice to look forward to, lets see how it goes.

Was only jesting mate, hopefully you can get back over here at some point and see them all. Keep us updated.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

No, because it never was. It was to be reviewed every 3 weeks, as was the case 

We were told they needed a few weeks to sort out the NHS and start getting a track and trace system sorted. Yet here we are 7 months later and Leicester is still in lockdownlol

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

Gyms and Sportsparks have been great. One way systems, staggered times for football/ hockey/ tennis, no congregating, regular cleaning.

They should remain open. We should still be allowed to exercise in an orderly fashion.

None of the cabinet have ever set foot in a gym in their lives so they wouldn't have a clue how safe it is or the benefits it brings.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 4

I was wondering this morning if actually we’ve reached a point where this is a national emergency and they should form an all-party coalition government.

This is no time for messing about with party politics, people’s lives are at stake in the short term and livelihoods are at stake for the next decade or more. The Tories have handled and continue to handle this atrociously, Labour almost certainly wouldn’t have done much better either but we need to be sourcing smart brains and leadership from across parliament now. The whole business with the Tories trying to score points off Starmer a couple of weeks ago sums this mess up. Politics being played when there’s more at stake than there has been at any point in the last 75 years.

I am fed up of these useless incompetent *****. They always choose the worst action possible with the most damaging effects. They have no ****ing clue, and those that do aren’t listened to. 

Im fed up of them trying to wing this pandemic. 

Like seriously, what the absolute ****? 

I’m surely not the only one looking at this lockdown and thinking, how the **** can I do this again? The first one was so damaging to my mental health. It didn’t have to be this way and that’s what makes me so angry and upset. We ****ed it AGAIN.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Think I read a recent statistic that out of the millions of gym visits since July, only 76 case of Covid reported from gyms and none of these went back and spread into communities.

I've said on here a few times that my gym (Pure Gym) have been brilliant at enforcing hygiene standards and social distancing. I feel safer in my gym than out shopping tbh.

So yeah, lets close them and take away my one enjoyment in life atm :rolleyes:

Just spotted your location :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I was wondering this morning if actually we’ve reached a point where this is a national emergency and they should form an all-party coalition government.

This is no time for messing about with party politics, people’s lives are at stake in the short term and livelihoods are at stake for the next decade or more. The Tories have handled and continue to handle this atrociously, Labour almost certainly wouldn’t have done much better either but we need to be sourcing smart brains and leadership from across parliament now. The whole business with the Tories trying to score points off Starmer a couple of weeks ago sums this mess up. Politics being played when there’s more at stake than there has been at any point in the last 75 years.

Without a doubt. 

Edited by rachhere

10 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Unfortunately all the smart Tories got booted out last year by Boris!

20 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Think I read a recent statistic that out of the millions of gym visits since July, only 76 case of Covid reported from gyms and none of these went back and spread into communities.

I've said on here a few times that my gym (Pure Gym) have been brilliant at enforcing hygiene standards and social distancing. I feel safer in my gym than out shopping tbh.

So yeah, lets close them and take away my one enjoyment in life atm :rolleyes:

The local places gym near me has been brilliant. Session times never felt hugely packed even during peak times. Everything is cleaned and rules respected by everyone. In fact i feel more uncomfortable at train stations than at the gym .

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

Gyms and Sportsparks have been great. One way systems, staggered times for football/ hockey/ tennis, no congregating, regular cleaning.

They should remain open. We should still be allowed to exercise in an orderly fashion.

If need be cut the number allowed in at a time, but at least allow gyms to open. Fitness is a huge part of keeping people going, shutting it when we can't exercise outside frequently is a poor decision.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The BBC are doing their level best to roll out all of the doom merchants.  Giving airtime to the guy Ferguson who predicted 250 000 UK deaths based on 3 flights out of Wuhan.  Ivor Cummins will be spitting feathers.

Is vallance ok on your scale of plausibility ?  Only he will be on within the hour .....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The BBC are doing their level best to roll out all of the doom merchants.  Giving airtime to the guy Ferguson who predicted 250 000 UK deaths based on 3 flights out of Wuhan.  Ivor Cummins will be spitting feathers.

Oh no not Ivor Cummings, the acclaimed Biochemical Engineer 😂

• Haha 1