Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Another job lost to advancing technology. :revenge:

Indeed. I had a distinguished 30 year career pressing the down arrow on my bosses laptop keyboard as he barked 'next slide!' at me. 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Glad this Sky guy asked what 'much better' means by Easter as Johnson said. 

He's over promised before. 'normality by summer, normality by Christmas' etc. Good to know what he actually means and it's not just meaningless platitudes... 

What did Johnson reply?

I've got the footy on then darts after so missing it all.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

some of these questions being put forward  to boris are ridiculous. Listen Sam, when we've all been vaccinated, we'll be okay, but until then, we won't, you thick fvckin retard.

I honestly think even when we've all been vaccinated the goalposts will move again, I've literally turned into some nutjob conspiracy theory lover over all this lol I'm going for come April enough people will have had one jab of the Oxford vaccine, but we'll still have to social distance, will still have to wear masks and probably still be going in and out of local restrictions. Got a feeling they'll say we can't loosen the restrictions because people have only had one jab of the vaccine not two, so we need to roll another jab out to ensure maximum protection against the virus.

If we're going to lockdown, let's do it properly.

That includes people not buying wave after wave of needless luxuries through the post.

I'd love a couple of weeks safely cocooned at home, resting up and recharging by batteries. 

Won't happen though. Rich people need expensive crap.

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What did Johnson reply?

I've got the footy on then darts after so missing it all.

He went straight to the schools question. 

26 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I swear Boris and the other fella have called "JVT" JVC and JCB a few times.

Just call him Jonathan :rolleyes:

They referred to Van Tam as JVT but also mentioned JCVI which is the Joint Committee on Vaccine and Immunisation. So they were saying the right things but only one of those things should be abbreviated and it isn't Van Tam! 

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

All those in favour of a national lockdown - would this close schools? Are they confirmed as primary points of transmission?

Schools should have been the first thing to shut, back in the last lockdown in November. 

In my opinion it speaks volumes that despite closing everything else, the rates still struggled to come down in November compared to the first lockdown. The only difference was workplaces and schools remaining open. The noises coming out of Sage suggest they desperately want action on schools. Realistically what options do we have left? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

All those in favour of a national lockdown - would this close schools? Are they confirmed as primary points of transmission?

You’ve got to be careful with education that’s the one thing I do have some sympathy for regarding the governments decisions. Some kids could end up a year behind, and it could potentially screw up the entire education system. Education needs to continue as best it can, if that means a portion of kids go to school, and those with the luxury of being able to remotely learn do it that way. But I’m a huge believer in ensuring education continues as safely as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You’ve got to be careful with education that’s the one thing I do have some sympathy for regarding the governments decisions. Some kids could end up a year behind, and it could potentially screw up the entire education system. Education needs to continue as best it can, if that means a portion of kids go to school, and those with the luxury of being able to remotely learn do it that way. But I’m a huge believer in ensuring education continues as safely as possible. 

Why not trim time off the summer holiday to delay exams/the end of the school year? Then use that holiday time to keep kids out of school until February? 

A month of ACTUAL lockdown might actually give us some breathing room going into the spring to get the vaccination program in full swing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Schools should have been the first thing to shut, back in the last lockdown in November. 

In my opinion it speaks volumes that despite closing everything else, the rates still struggled to come down in November compared to the first lockdown. The only difference was workplaces and schools remaining open. The noises coming out of Sage suggest they desperately want action on schools. Realistically what options do we have left? 

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I hear both sides, from a personal point of view, I would prefer them to remain open, the school is super careful, but at the same time, schools are obviously Petri dishes of disease (potentially).

No good answer, but I want to see proof that schools is a serious point of transmission before resigning my son to generational damage, but If it is, so be it.

Fag packet maths:

Roughly 1500 vaccination centres. 

Say each centre manages to vaccinate 200 people per day (pretty pessimistic), that's 300,000 daily vaccinations in the UK (2.1 million per week). 

Obviously the issue is with the supply, but it would seem that the capacity for mass vaccination is otherwise there. 

Edited by BenTheFox

8 hours ago, Harrydc said:

I'm simply questioning something which will be having a huge impact on my life. Surely that's an acceptable behaviour? I'm not just going to say "OK" to every little thing without asking questions - especially with something as huge as this. 

The problem is, you don't, or are not prepared to, listen to the answers. 

At the end of the day as someone pointed out what needs to be done is all efforts put into this vaccine, whether you wear a tin foil hat or not it is the only way out of this. There’s no point hopping in and out of tiers because as soon as the foot is taken off the gas the virus explodes again. What needs to be done is lockdown remains in place and the vaccine gets pushed out, when you get called you go, and we work through as many people as possible. It may take months, and it may be summer by the time we’re close to any kind of normality.

We have been pussy footing around for best part of a year and all it has achieved is a mountain of deaths and an economy close to tatters. It’s about time the “leaders” of this country stopped ****ing around and actually take some serious action, the longer we continue to hop from one tier to another the more lives will be lost.

Sort it the **** out Boris, or **** off.