Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

At the end of the day as someone pointed out what needs to be done is all efforts put into this vaccine, whether you wear a tin foil hat or not it is the only way out of this. There’s no point hopping in and out of tiers because as soon as the foot is taken off the gas the virus explodes again. What needs to be done is lockdown remains in place and the vaccine gets pushed out, when you get called you go, and we work through as many people as possible. It may take months, and it may be summer by the time we’re close to any kind of normality.

We have been pussy footing around for best part of a year and all it has achieved is a mountain of deaths and an economy close to tatters. It’s about time the “leaders” of this country stopped ****ing around and actually take some serious action, the longer we continue to hop from one tier to another the more lives will be lost.

Sort it the **** out Boris, or **** off.

Sure, 2 month lockdown, schools shut, works shut, curfew between 6pm and 8am. You in?

Edited by Dahnsouff

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Honestly if that would guarantee we went back to 2019 levels of normal I'd sign up for that ASAP.

*Assuming you mean curfew between 6pm and 8am*

Yes, and have edited. Barely had a chance to get a glass of wine before @Parafoxshot me down with my inability to tell the time. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem with a curfew is shift workers and such like. Admittedly it's a very small proportion but there's also the complete inability to police that. There'd also be people that purposefully break it just to make a point. 

It's far easier to just do as we did before - shut everything for a month and tell everyone to get an indoor hobby. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes, and have edited. Barely had a chance to get a glass of wine before @Parafoxshot me down with my inability to tell the time. lol

Don't bother with the glass, drink from the bottle. That way you won't miss a thing... well for the first half bottle anyway. :beer:

15 minutes ago, Parafox said:

NHS recruitment have asked for people like myself with a background in healthcare (retired Paramedic) to volunteer to be vaccinators as they are expecting to need a lot of us to enable the mass vaccination of the public. I'm just waiting for my video interview and some online training and I'll be good to go.

One of my sisters (a renal pharmacist) is currently volunteering to help out on this.

She said it makes her feel proud to take part in such a massive scheme.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

One of my sisters (a renal pharmacist) is currently volunteering to help out on this.

She said it makes her feel proud to take part in such a massive scheme.

Me too. My daughters think I'm a double hero having been a Paramedic during the first wave. I feel rewarded already. It's like being involved in a part of history.

Just to say, I don't consider myself to be anything other than anyone else that's just doing their job or helping out in any way they can. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, Parafox said:

NHS recruitment have asked for people like myself with a background in healthcare (retired Paramedic) to volunteer to be vaccinators as they are expecting to need a lot of us to enable the mass vaccination of the public. I'm just waiting for my video interview and some online training and I'll be good to go.

Excellent, let us know how it goes! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corky said:

All this advice is meaningless. People aren't going to listen if they haven't already. Those of us sticking to the rules and missing out on things will continue to do so, those who aren't will do what they want.

There'll be gatherings, house parties tomorrow, it's nailed on. The battle to get everyone to conform has been lost.

Consider this for a moment though, if this despicable behaviour from a percentage of the population is whats causing the sheer spread of covid then how do the upstanding citizens of this country keep getting it? Especially as we should all be wearing masks, socially distancing etc. The spread of it has got to be supermarkets mainly, it's the one constant that has never had much restriction. No longer is there much effort spent cleaning down anything or limiting numbers of shoppers. 

Obviously buying food and supplies is essential, try changing it and it would be bedlam but the selfish helmets not boiling by the rules are either the majority or it's not them that's the main spreader anyway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Hope you'll be signing up for 24hr shifts and sorting out the FT faithful first?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

Why not trim time off the summer holiday to delay exams/the end of the school year? Then use that holiday time to keep kids out of school until February? 

A month of ACTUAL lockdown might actually give us some breathing room going into the spring to get the vaccination program in full swing. 

Exactly. Also reduce the Easter break to a week and trim half term. A bit of out of the box thinking could help. No doubt that schools have played a part in increasing the transmission of the virus especially as the new varient is showing up in the teenage population in quite large numbers.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

981 deaths in 24 hrs!!

They are not all happening in one day. The key info is harder to get and that is the number of deaths per day rather than the number of registrations. Some people don't register the death for several weeks and over the festive period many registration offices will have been shut.

Still grim news though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Absolutely everything needs to be thrown at the vaccination program now. No excuses, no bullshit, just get it fvcking done.

Well they have managed the track and test sytem that well so I'm fully confident they can handle 2 million vaccinations a week.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Consider this for a moment though, if this despicable behaviour from a percentage of the population is whats causing the sheer spread of covid then how do the upstanding citizens of this country keep getting it? Especially as we should all be wearing masks, socially distancing etc. The spread of it has got to be supermarkets mainly, it's the one constant that has never had much restriction. No longer is there much effort spent cleaning down anything or limiting numbers of shoppers. 

Obviously buying food and supplies is essential, try changing it and it would be bedlam but the selfish helmets not boiling by the rules are either the majority or it's not them that's the main spreader anyway. 

I’m with you, I think the biggest contribution to the transfer is supermarkets..... my local is normal inside, if you want normality just pop to Tesco! 

3 minutes ago, reynard said:

Well they have managed the track and test sytem that well so I'm fully confident they can handle 2 million vaccinations a week.

The vaccinations will be co-ordinated by professionals at local level. Not by one of Boris’ mates at a cost of billions 

The other vaccine has been rolled out already at sites like the LGH.

It’ll get done as long as staff remain fit and healthy to do it. When something like this needs doing and people know why it needs doing, the Brits usually make it happen