Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Is this true?!

Apparently.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9044177/Captain-Tom-100-jets-Barbados-free-flight-British-Airways.html

Ironically my Mother and Step-Father took an early flight back to the UK yesterday, as the local authorities advised them to return home ASAP - due the new strain of the virus reaching the island.

Edited by Wymsey

13 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Apparently.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9044177/Captain-Tom-100-jets-Barbados-free-flight-British-Airways.html

Ironically my Mother and Step-Father took an early flight back to the UK yesterday, as the local authorities advised them to return home ASAP - due the new strain of the virus reaching the island.

Obviously no way of knowing if the trip had any I'll effects but at the very least it's in very poor taste to be jetting around whilst cases were going through the roof. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Very decent day volunteering at a vaccination centre today in the City. Was really well organised and run, and most people were extremely easy to deal with.

Still quite a few who either gave me dirty looks or argued at having to put on a surgical mask instead of a cloth one or being told to alter it. 

Lucky enough to have been offered the vaccine near the end of the day due to a few not having turned up. 

Hopefully it made you miss the City game too lol

58 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Obviously no way of knowing if the trip had any I'll effects but at the very least it's in very poor taste to be jetting around whilst cases were going through the roof. 

I suppose when you're 100 years old, putting something off until next year is a risky business.  In a world where the slightest deviation from government policy is frowned on in all corners, it seems a bit unreasonable to also frown on those who follow government policy to the letter.

6 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

I suppose when you're 100 years old, putting something off until next year is a risky business.  In a world where the slightest deviation from government policy is frowned on in all corners, it seems a bit unreasonable to also frown on those who follow government policy to the letter.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes 100, I imagine the family thought **** it hes always wanted to go. I don't know how to feel about it tbh.

Yeah it's a tricky one isn't it. I'm sure he's aware of the risks but equally he's not exactly got decades left to enjoy so maybe it was worth it. I don't know.

1 hour ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

Surely he would have had at least the first vaccine jab??

Not before he went and not since he returned due to contracting pneumonia 

you would have though he would have had when he came back but if he had to isolate for ten days and developed the virus during isolation then he couldn’t have the jab 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Very decent day volunteering at a vaccination centre today in the City. Was really well organised and run, and most people were extremely easy to deal with.

Still quite a few who either gave me dirty looks or argued at having to put on a surgical mask instead of a cloth one or being told to alter it. 

Lucky enough to have been offered the vaccine near the end of the day due to a few not having turned up. 

:appl:

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

How did you go about volunteering?

8 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Edited because I am a moron

It’s just your way of straw manning everything you don’t like, it’s your go to. This particular topic, I don’t give a ****, you can call the UK government as useless as you like, just strange to hector everyone else about nuance and not be interested in sticking to it. In fact I don’t give a **** about nuance at all. At least you acknowledge being a hypocrite, fair play. Just wouldn’t go around demanding of others what you won’t do yourself.

Evidently the match did piss you off as much as it did me, then. I hope you're feeling better about it now.

To be honest I'm not even sure what the real beef here is or how it got personal because I made it clear that I think some topics require nuance and some don't; this one does IMO and I called out those who weren't using it and sometimes I get it wrong there. It's odd that you're not singling out anyone else for being a hypocrite on this topic or others, but if it makes you feel good to come at me specifically for whatever reason then go for it - I still have nothing but respect for the smarts that you clearly have.

I think I'll leave it at that.

Edited by leicsmac