Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

My sister inlaw (who is a nurse) has covid. Both her and my brother are sick.  He is  getting tested but likely has it too. They have been in close quarters seeing as they live in a flat/condo and are recent newlyweds from 3 months ago. Hopefully they will both be okay.

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Sad 1

The NHS have a website page which you can use to book a vaccination if you are in the top 4 priority categories.

It doesn't work if you are not eligible, but it does mean you don't need to wait just for the invite. Hopefully others here can make use of it.

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

Basically if your letter has been posted but gone missing, you can book yourself in here, rather than waiting for weeks.

On 31/01/2021 at 13:59, ozleicester said:

Perth WA... No community transmission for 10 months.... today, Security guard from COVID Hotel has it.. SLAM..lockdown!! :(

Personally I’m pleased they are taking it seriously. Yes, it will probably turn out to be an overreaction, but better that than it getting out of control and require a 4 or 5 month lockdown to eliminate. We’ve had it pretty good so far with life carrying on pretty much as normal (the old normal), and worth paying this price to get things back to that state.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah some gift he received I think from British Airways. Thought it was a bit of daft move. But this daughter is pretty big at a PR firm.....

Call me cynical but I think his daughter was pushing him all along.

The only successful way i've read about of opening back up normally has just been demonstrated on the Isle of Man, eradicate the virus and then no travel in or out of the country apart from special circumstances. Whether the airline and holiday industries like it or not, this is really the only option for a couple of years. 

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The only successful way i've read about of opening back up normally has just been demonstrated on the Isle of Man, eradicate the virus and then no travel in or out of the country apart from special circumstances. Whether the airline and holiday industries like it or not, this is really the only option for a couple of years. 

The TT is cancelled for the second year running which is a tremendous blow to the local economy. 

7 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why only a couple of years?

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

To get everybody vaccinated? Or are there other areas you'd include in protecting all UK citizens?

Such as, bearing in mind the responsibility of protecting its own citizens is down to individual countries governments and the the fact that the vaccine is for the protection of the person who has received it.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Such as, bearing in mind the responsibility of protecting its own citizens is down to individual countries governments and the the fact that the vaccine is for the protection of the person who has received it.

Sorry I've read that twice and not sure what you mean, I might be being dumb lol

16 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Sorry, what do you mean by other areas, I thought you meant other countries.

Oh I meant other things that the UK needs to do to protect it's citizens.

Am I right in thinking that you'd want the majority of the world population vaccinated before opening our borders?

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

The Isle of Man has 85k residents. Its took them nearly a year to get this level. We have roughly 65mill people living in this country so yeah its not an option. 

The only option we have along with any countries with probably over 500k is the Vaccine. Unfortunately we just have to hold tight. 

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

The Isle of Man has 85k residents. Its took them nearly a year to get this level. We have roughly 65mill people living in this country so yeah its not an option. 

The only option we have along with any countries with probably over 500k is the Vaccine. Unfortunately we just have to hold tight. 

You're quite correct, our only chance is the vaccine, but until everyone has had it, we should be baring travel in or out unless it's special circumstances and hoping that the vaccine will work on mutations, which at the moment it looks like it does.

43 minutes ago, StanSP said:

319,038 first doses yesterday 

3,156 second doses. 

9.79m total vaccinations done so far. 

As seems to be a pattern, after a massive surge in vaccines a bit of a drop-off. 

But to have 319k as a drop off is an excellent feat in itself. Hopefully we see higher highs and lows as we carry on.