Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

9 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

this should have been done months ago or when we started vaccinating people

its pointless people being under a lockdown if we are letting people out and in of the country.

You are assuming that people leaving the country and coming back again are a higher risk than the same people going to the shops say.  This has not been the case for most of last year, and it is only the case now where we know there are variants we don;t want.  

Also it is not legal to stop British citizens entering the country.  fundamental point. 

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

You are assuming that people leaving the country and coming back again are a higher risk than the same people going to the shops say.  This has not been the case for most of last year, and it is only the case now where we know there are variants we don;t want.  

Also it is not legal to stop British citizens entering the country.  fundamental point. 

id say there is a good chance that is the case especially when it first arrived  

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

especially when they can simply close the borders. what are they scared off.. open them up in june/july. 

they react way to slow its a joke as we have to put up with it they shpuld of closed borders when it first started then there wouldnt be 100000+ dead.

I dont undsrstand it tbh

Again closing the borders would have made little difference up to when a new variant became an issue.  Covid was already in the UK and widespread, and the travel risk to other countries was no higher than domestically until then,

Again closing the borders would have made little difference up to when a new variant became an issue.  Covid was already in the UK and widespread, and the travel risk to other countries was no higher than domestically until then,

thats because they reacted to late 

5 hours ago, browniefox said:

With the rate this Virus is starting to mutate, and the different variants showing up. How likely is it that we don't end lockdown until there is no Virus present anywhere in the UK ala Australia? 

I can't see too many people sticking to the rules once the warmer months get here. 

It just seems that when there is some good news, something else comes up to kick us back down again. 

Smashing out the vaccine was great news and a real morale booster, now it's not going to be making that much of a difference because of the different variants. 

So frustrating. I just hope that on the 22nd Feb BJ has a clear roadmap to get us through/out of this mess.

Waiting until there is no virus is impossible, it is here to stay in some shape or form.

Cases are falling rapidly, get through this month/ six weeks to where the warmer weather allows for more people to be outside, for better ventilation in buildings, UV rays taking effect, the vaccine getting rolled out faster with the younger age groups getting their jabs and we will be in a better place to ease restrictions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

what is needed to make it possible to close the borders then? this should have been critical when it first arrived as it allowed it to spread all over he country

Did it?  On what basis would you have closed the borders before Covid was in the UK and spreading like mad?

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Did it?  On what basis would you have closed the borders before Covid was in the UK and spreading like mad?

on the basis that hospitals were becoming overloaded or even before that when it was advised that there was a deadly virus spreading through the world .. now we are going **** it up again with this SA variant. hurrah

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

on the basis that hospitals were becoming overloaded or even before that when it was advised that there was a deadly virus spreading through the world .. now we are going **** it up again with this SA variant. hurrah

The virus was already widespread in the community before the above happened.

We have just announced 10 days hotel quarantine from place with the SA variant no?  

We have just announced 10 days hotel quarantine from place with the SA variant no?  

I dont belive that was the case... anyway its to late now but they are not going to learn there lesson? 

thats not good enough tbh just close the borders for a few months and again could be to late.

9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

we've announced the hotel quarantine....with no contracts with any hotels for these people to actually quarantine in. another gold star for the government

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

19 year old from Burton went into a coma on March 1st 2020, imagine waking up from a coma to this, and then also finding out you have already had it twice

I've thought about this regarding our title win -  if you were in a coma from March 2015 to June 2016 what emotion would be stronger, being pleased about the title or gutted you missed the experience? This is after the sheer disbelief first of course.

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

I've thought about this regarding our title win -  if you were in a coma from March 2015 to June 2016 what emotion would be stronger, being pleased about the title or gutted you missed the experience? This is after the sheer disbelief first of course.

Reminds me of this...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, browniefox said:

With the rate this Virus is starting to mutate, and the different variants showing up. How likely is it that we don't end lockdown until there is no Virus present anywhere in the UK ala Australia? 

I can't see too many people sticking to the rules once the warmer months get here. 

It just seems that when there is some good news, something else comes up to kick us back down again. 

Smashing out the vaccine was great news and a real morale booster, now it's not going to be making that much of a difference because of the different variants. 

So frustrating. I just hope that on the 22nd Feb BJ has a clear roadmap to get us through/out of this mess.

Sadly I think compliance is awful now, traffic during this lockdown is nothing like how it was in the spring lockdown, which generally means many more people going out to work, shops, breaks etc.  Schools also have much higher attendance levels with parents not wanting kids at home.  I am also noticing people wondering round drunk in the early hours, meaning they been on a night out somewhere.  This is quite often now, every night.

Ultimately we banking on the vaccine to bail us out, this is a unknown I feel at this point.  I think its extremely likely boosters will need to be given, its moderately likely we will need to adjust vaccines for mutations as well, and we also know we going to get people refusing the vaccines.  The virus is here to stay, that much we know, but its the hope we get transmission levels down low enough so things can be opened up again, and the hope it mutates into something less deadly.

55 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I am also noticing people wondering round drunk in the early hours, meaning they been on a night out somewhere.  This is quite often now, every night.

Where do you live that drunken people pass you house every night?

Having just seen the BBC report on the latest from the WHO's investigation into the origin of Covid, what is even the point of it? Politics surrounds the investigation. China appears to be trying to control the narrative and stopping journalists from questioning certain people involved.

So it's apparently 'extremely unlikely' that the virus came from the lab but they don't know where it came from and can't be confident it came from a wet market in the city.

The latest theory is that it arrived in the city from imported frozen food.

Whatever the outcome, surely the outcome will be doubted based on China's history of censorship and authoritarianism. So, really, what's the point, when we'll never know for sure while the Communist Party is still in power?

3 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Having just seen the BBC report on the latest from the WHO's investigation into the origin of Covid, what is even the point of it? Politics surrounds the investigation. China appears to be trying to control the narrative and stopping journalists from questioning certain people involved.

So it's apparently 'extremely unlikely' that the virus came from the lab but they don't know where it came from and can't be confident it came from a wet market in the city.

The latest theory is that it arrived in the city from imported frozen food.

Whatever the outcome, surely the outcome will be doubted based on China's history of censorship and authoritarianism. So, really, what's the point, when we'll never know for sure while the Communist Party is still in power?

I thought exactly the same. 

The reason the man said on the news that they say it’s unlikely is because there was no data that China provided that showed Covid was in the lab. Maybe after 12 months since it started they just deleted it all😂

They also didn’t want the journalists asking questions afterwards. Doesn’t feel legitimate to me. 

• Like 1