Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

An anti vaxxer, anti lockdown acquaintance of mine kept sending me his loony theories, I kept asking him to stop as I wasn't interested.

I mentioned I was happy to take the jab anywhere, anytime and if it meant people like him were unable to travel for not having the jab, that was their own choice.

His reply: "People like you were responsible for the rise of Hitler! He was very fond of vaccinating the Jews, closing businesses and restricting travel too!"

This was a step too far so blocked him on whatsapp.

Wowzers!!! 

See. 

With this bloodclot thing. It's political isn't it? The EU and EU countries hate the fact we've smashed the vaccine roll out, out the park. 

It's something like 1 in 459,??? That get a bloodclot from the vaccine. I read something earlier that suggests on average 3k people get blood clots weekly. 

Is it really necessary to stop the vaccine being rolled out for 1 in every 459k people getting a blood clot or am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

See. 

With this bloodclot thing. It's political isn't it? The EU and EU countries hate the fact we've smashed the vaccine roll out, out the park. 

It's something like 1 in 459,??? That get a bloodclot from the vaccine. I read something earlier that suggests on average 3k people get blood clots weekly. 

Is it really necessary to stop the vaccine being rolled out for 1 in every 459k people getting a blood clot or am I missing something?

I think most reasonable people see your point, like you say it’s political.

• Like 1

On 12/03/2021 at 21:08, Otis said:

Absolutely ridiculous isn't it. But for teachers if they get a negative they can go back immeadiately.

What i don't understand is who are "they" trying to protect?- all the most at risk have had the vaccine.

Death rates have fallen 90%, hospitals aren't overwhelmed, positive tests have fallen off a cliff. But now if we're testing 1.6m a day it won't be long before the gov talk about the worrying high number of cases but know full well about the FP rates.

They are blinded by Covid, It's like it's all they can see, whilst millions are lives/jobs/businesses that people have spent all they lives building are ruined & on hold.

Amen to this as a self employed person who's had zero support and yet still has 3 kids and a mortgage, all of which have an ongoing cost irrespective of Covid.

And before anyone says 'self absorbed etc' - I know we are all lucky to be in decent health and sacrifices have to be made and money if far from everything. So many more important things.

But this is getting to be beyond ridiculous now.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

See. 

Everything is political and for the people who don't see that, well, I envy them. 

• Like 1

I had the Oxford vaccine today. In and out in a couple of minutes. Barely felt a thing, no side effects as off yet. I was worried about getting ill and having to miss work but literally nothing has happened. I thought it was good to post this as I see so much about people having side effects but I feel that the people who have none of that kind of stuff probably don’t make a big deal about it! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I think most reasonable people see your point, like you say it’s political.

I can't for the life of me see how not using a vaccine can be used politically, there's literally nothing to gain and everything to lose whilst people are still dying in their numbers from covid. And the evidence against it is ridiculous. In the Uk there are 3000 blood clot cases per month, how could anyone determine that if there were 3001, that 1 extra persons blood clot was caused by the vaccine. It's all getting fvckin crazy.

The normal process of monitoring of new drugs and vaccines is being hijacked for political gain.

It is completely proportionate to pause rollout to scrutinise the numbers.

This really doesn't take long. Looking at the data shows that the rate of thromboembolic complications is lower amongst those who have had the vaccine than amongst those who haven't.

Normal process would be for resumption of vaccination but European political leaders have weighed in prematurely and this is sowing distrust of the vaccine.

The vaccines appear to be extremely safe by the standards against which all therapeutics are assessed.

Just now, yorkie1999 said:

I can't for the life of me see how not using a vaccine can be used politically, there's literally nothing to gain and everything to lose whilst people are still dying in their numbers from covid. And the evidence against it is ridiculous. In the Uk there are 3000 blood clot cases per month, how could anyone determine that if there were 3001, that 1 extra persons blood clot was caused by the vaccine. It's all getting fvckin crazy.

Diverting attention away from a pathetic vaccination campaign in Europe seems a very plausible reason to me.

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Diverting attention away from a pathetic vaccination campaign in Europe seems a very plausible reason to me.

Yes, despite what people say, blowing out someone else's candle really does make yours burn more brightly (relatively and in terms of perception - before the scientists turn up).

14 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I had the Oxford vaccine today. In and out in a couple of minutes. Barely felt a thing, no side effects as off yet. I was worried about getting ill and having to miss work but literally nothing has happened. I thought it was good to post this as I see so much about people having side effects but I feel that the people who have none of that kind of stuff probably don’t make a big deal about it! 

Also had it this morning. Feel absolutely fine although been having pins and needles in my feet but not sure that's connected.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The side effects can happen up to 24-48 hours after having it :dunno:.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

I had the AZ this morning.

I'm feeling a bit rough now, tbh - sniffles, muscular aches, and really drowsy. Better than dying, though.

• Like 1

Just now, peach0000 said:

It looks like the entirety of foxestalk has had their jab today lol

Still not sure why I had mine. I'm 35 and in decent health. The text message said I had underlying issues.

I rang the doctors to check and they knew nothing about it as it had come from NHS directly and didn't have me on the list to have it at the moment. Slightly concerned what underlying issue I'm supposed to have.

Just now, Rain King said:

Still not sure why I had mine. I'm 35 and in decent health. The text message said I had underlying issues.

I rang the doctors to check and they knew nothing about it as it had come from NHS directly and didn't have me on the list to have it at the moment. Slightly concerned what underlying issue I'm supposed to have.

That’s bizarre I’ve heard that happen to other people as well. I guess it must just be a clerical error. I’m in my early 20s but was given it because of my work being considered high risk. 

Just now, peach0000 said:

That’s bizarre I’ve heard that happen to other people as well. I guess it must just be a clerical error. I’m in my early 20s but was given it because of my work being considered high risk. 

I asked them what I should do as I was happy to wait my rightful turn but they told me to go ahead and have it.

42 minutes ago, Rain King said:

NHS predicting the future?

• Haha 1