Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Strange, a lot of people were saying we've just received a massive shipment from India and we're on for some record numbers soon. I guess we'll see.

Yeah I thought they were talking about ramping it up for April. Not what’s being said now though.

The EU have threatened to block doses of the vaccine coming to the UK so don’t know if that has anything to do with it 

20 hours ago, st albans fox said:

According to you, a bit of a cold has resulted in 125,000 deaths ........  if anyone here has lost someone close to them to covid then I hope they aren’t upset by your description of what was responsible for their loss. 

and if there were only 80 in every100k who had the virus then we wouldn’t have shut the country down ........  your post lacks context .... 

thinking about the vaccine furore in Europe, I haven’t seen much anecdotal evidence on social media that people here are becoming nervous re the AZ jab ...... the vast majority now being vaccinated in this country have almost no chance of dying from covid and yet they seem to be taking the view that having the vaccine is for the greater good and not worrying about their own situation 

I didn't say a bit of a cold has caused 125k deaths though did I. 

I said said the vast majority of cases is like a cold. The data backs this up.

Regarding the next statement. Well 80 cases per 100k is a fact and we're still locked down - fact. 

All whilst the vast majority of high risk people, in fact 50% of the adult population have been vaccinated. 

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds fair enough really and I suspected this would be the case. As long as all the old bastards don’t bugger off abroad while I’m stuck at home I don’t care.

Bonus, at least we won't have to listen to squeeky beats poolside music.

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Maybe it's just a pause to catch up because of the 12 week between first and second jab and the numbers won't work out.

Sound reasoning. Would be all for nothing if second doses delayed.

15 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Is there any info on when the Moderna one is turning up and when any of the others like J&J will be ready to go?

J&J are talking about delays in Europe.  That may be behind both the EU making noises about vaccine exports again and some of our supply issues in April.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-eu-johnson-johnson-idUSKBN2B11KY

I feel sure we must approve Novavax soon which is being made in the UK.

26 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

As long as all the old bastards don’t bugger off abroad while I’m stuck at home I don’t care.

Message me your address, Costock.

I'll send you a postcard... :giggle:

5 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It is as simple as it sits really uneasily with me that so many governments are suspending its use. 

Seems like deflection from the EU too me, apparently they used non pharmaceutical negotiators in their vaccine procurement, and this is just negligent especially during a pandemic and obvious vaccine competition. The numbers for blood clot were in line with normal levels I read, but again,  could be wrong:dunno: 

Edited by Dahnsouff

20 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

'look at the numbers yourself' 

'it's political' 

'you're this or that for refusing a proven safe vaccine'. 

Well I'd rather upset people on a football forum over my wild anti vaccination views (as stated, am fully inoculated and have a mother who thinks the mmr causes autism) than put myself at undue risk for the sake of what very well may end up being a week or two of clarification, or maybe there's just a very, very small chance this parituclar vaccine is problematic and it will be pulled from circulation, I know where I stand on it and won't be talked down from it, again, world powerhouse governments are pulling this from circulation as things stand, not Dr douchebag on YouTube or twitter. It's just common sense to want to be absolutely sure. If you want to go ahead and have it then by all means but I don't see for a second how you can lump in someone for having genuine concerns about something a dozen world governments have genuine concern over being some anti vaxx mentalist who deserves derision. 

I respect your decision not to proceed with the vaccination but it is, I'm afraid, medically impossible to absolutely sure about any vaccine. All, even the oldest and most researched, carry risks. As every person is different you might just be the one who reacts in a unique way to any vaccine.

Just out of interest would you take the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines or the Sputnik 5 or is it just the AZ vaccine? Tomorrow the European body will give its assessment of the situation.

Don’t know how to take this ‘lessening of availability’ for first jabs in April  ??

surely they must have assigned supplies coming in for second jabs as you get your date when you book your first ?? Hence the justification that they are trying to get onto the second jabs I/o the first ones seems spurious ???

51 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Moderna apparently next month. 

No date yet for Johnson & Johnson.

I guess it depends on the level of supply and when it actually turns up, but if it’s next month then, being as that could only be used for first jabs, why do first jabs need to stop? Must be turning up late in the month or be small numbers.

19 hours ago, Dunge said:

It is safe.

I don’t want you to feel I’m having a go here. Part of the reason the vaccine is voluntary is precisely so that people don’t feel pressured into it. I do, genuinely appreciate your position. That’s why I thought I’d offer this thinking:

If you’re looking at the bigger authorities on the matter, they declare the vaccine to be safe. The WHO says it’s safe. The EMA says there’s no reason to stop the rollout. The UK Government and medical authorities continue to declare the vaccine to be safe. Data made available to the public in the UK demonstrates it to be safe, with instances of blood clots no higher through vaccination than they would be otherwise.

I get that you’re concerned about foreign governments suspending the jab, but these are not the experts you fear they are. And they’re angry. They’re angry at AZ for perceived faults in the provision of their vaccine to them and therefore willing to accept any report against them without sufficient questioning. They’re pressured, forced down these alleys by their previous, unfounded criticism of the AZ jab, not as strong with data comprehension as you might expect they’d be, and they’re making mistakes.

They’re jumping at shadows, afraid of the unknown, and now they’re projecting that fear to their own people and furthermore to some here, undermining a life-saving vaccine.

@Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot have you read this yet?

This is a hell of a post and deserves a response.

54 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

I guess it depends on the level of supply and when it actually turns up, but if it’s next month then, being as that could only be used for first jabs, why do first jabs need to stop? Must be turning up late in the month or be small numbers.

Maybe it’s because of the numbers involved. 500000 jabs a day is a big number. Say 5 minutes a piece with the processing, that’s 2500000 minutes in approx 5 hours per centre. That must be an awful lot of vaccinators. 

24 minutes ago, filbertway said:

@Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot have you read this yet?

This is a hell of a post and deserves a response.

It wasn't directed at me so didnt see it needed a response from me but yeah, absolutely agree it's a very well thought out post and is very common sense and I'm sure the authorities currently suspending the jab will agree its safe then all good. I just want everyone to be in agreement to feel comfortable taking it, is just that it doesn't sit well with me. 

13 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It wasn't directed at me so didnt see it needed a response from me but yeah, absolutely agree it's a very well thought out post and is very common sense and I'm sure the authorities currently suspending the jab will agree its safe then all good. I just want everyone to be in agreement to feel comfortable taking it, is just that it doesn't sit well with me. 

I think you are quite generous to the post. It was fine but didn't mention anything new.

Personally,.I'm pretty sure the AZ is fine. Its core structure has been in development for years. And if i was in any way at risk, I'd take it.

It just frankly does not sit well to be bullied into taking it when it's not medically necessary. It's a kind of emotional blackmail 'it's not for your benefit, it's for the people you'll kill if you don't take it'

...I just think it's a.big ask. Equuvalent to forcing a vegetarian to scoff a.burger on the basis a ta6ndom.pensioner might die if they don't.

• Like 4