Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

The side effects can happen up to 24-48 hours after having it :dunno:.

11 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I had the Oxford vaccine today. In and out in a couple of minutes. Barely felt a thing, no side effects as off yet. I was worried about getting ill and having to miss work but literally nothing has happened. I thought it was good to post this as I see so much about people having side effects but I feel that the people who have none of that kind of stuff probably don’t make a big deal about it! 

Okay I spoke to soon. I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. Paracetamol soon took care of it though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Okay I spoke to soon. I woke up in the middle of the night with a fever. Paracetamol soon took care of it though. 

This is common with what I have heard people experience, it has a bit of a delayed kick in. I guess if you think about catching the virus normally, it takes a few days sometimes before symptoms show up (and some people show no symptoms). So the vaccine effects are likely very similar.

Those people I know who had flu like symptoms after the AZ vaccine only experienced illness for a day before it wore off. So hopefully tomorrow you should feel more alive!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

Jesus, same here. Woke up shivering like crazy but had a temperature. Feel bit better this morning but very achey.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It's utter bollocks like this that drives people further away from wanting to be compliant. Forcing someone against their will, an anti vaxxer if you wanna go with the coined term, how do you think they will react to being belittled and talked to like a total ****? This is a particular variance of a jab that is being pulled the world over for concerns over its safety. Give it a rest. 

Why is this utter bollocks. 

I don’t believe in forcing people against their will, I just can’t see the logic of refusing.

It could be argued that you are putting other people at unnecessary risk, ie medics, because you won’t take the vaccine. Lots of NHS staff have died through their work during this pandemic; now we have a vaccine, why should they have to suffer an additional risk?

6 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

I don’t believe in forcing people against their will, I just can’t see the logic of refusing.

It could be argued that you are putting other people at unnecessary risk, ie medics, because you won’t take the vaccine. Lots of NHS staff have died through their work during this pandemic; now we have a vaccine, why should they have to suffer an additional risk?

Surely if someone has had the vaccination then it’s irrelevant that someone they come into contact hasn’t had the jab.  Makes the vaccine pointless if that isn’t the case.  So my mate the anti vaxer is a risk to me when we are allowed to live again and go football together in your opinion. I’ll be sat next to him at a match. His opinion is he doesn’t  need it. He’s had the COVID last year and was barely ill.  I understand his viewpoint. I can’t see why he’d be a danger to me if I’ve had the jab. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

had mine yesterday and had that too, hot then cold and just feeling tired and achy now; a crap nights sleep too

not that bad overall imo

Edited by FrankieADZ

18 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Yet there are large numbers of frontline staff who refuse to get the jab too? Surely that is more baffling. Like I say it is completely their choice as their risk, but being frontline the risk is so much higher than Joe Bloggs who lives in a town and goes the supermarket, pub and sees some mates.

Looked at the national stats and available local stats.

My take?

We are catching up with national average which has stagnated.

The national average is very high vs last summer and at first glance seems quite concerning, but we are currently teting nationally about 7x as many people vs last summer.  Taking that into account the current numbers are ok nationally.

Nationally there is a large jump in tests in the past week, I believe due to school testing, oddly this isnt visible on the leicester city test data, which has us doing about 10% less tests per day vs middle of february.

The positive test rate in the city has halved since this time last month and is the main contributor of numbers going down.

The hospital numbers for the city are currently similar to the spring numbers from last year (second half of first wave).  This sadly isnt great, but hospital numbers do lag behind case numbers so hopefully should be dropping over the next few weeks, I couldnt find national hospital numbers.

9 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

Surely if someone has had the vaccination then it’s irrelevant that someone they come into contact hasn’t had the jab.  Makes the vaccine pointless if that isn’t the case.  So my mate the anti vaxer is a risk to me when we are allowed to live again and go football together in your opinion. I’ll be sat next to him at a match. His opinion is he doesn’t  need it. He’s had the COVID last year and was barely ill.  I understand his viewpoint. I can’t see why he’d be a danger to me if I’ve had the jab. 

Someone who does not want to be vaccinated (for whatever reason) risks:

1. Themselves (biggest risk)

2. Other people who refuse the vaccine (again, that is their choice and risk)

3. People who are not able to have the vaccine (there should not be many of these but those are the only ones who would potentially be affected having not put the risk on themselves)

Anyone who has had the vaccine should not be concerned about people who have not. They are protected from them. Also, who knows if those refusing a vaccine are not already naturally protected by having had Covid before.

And lastly, there is no solid proof yet that transmissions are reduced/eradicated by the vaccine. It is way too early to tell.

4 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Someone who does not want to be vaccinated (for whatever reason) risks:

1. Themselves (biggest risk)

2. Other people who refuse the vaccine (again, that is their choice and risk)

3. People who are not able to have the vaccine (there should not be many of these but those are the only ones who would potentially be affected having not put the risk on themselves)

Anyone who has had the vaccine should not be concerned about people who have not. They are protected from them. Also, who knows if those refusing a vaccine are not already naturally protected by having had Covid before.

And lastly, there is no solid proof yet that transmissions are reduced/eradicated by the vaccine. It is way too early to tell.

The only important factor here.

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Looked at the national stats and available local stats.

My take?

We are catching up with national average which has stagnated.

The national average is very high vs last summer and at first glance seems quite concerning, but we are currently teting nationally about 7x as many people vs last summer.  Taking that into account the current numbers are ok nationally.

Nationally there is a large jump in tests in the past week, I believe due to school testing, oddly this isnt visible on the leicester city test data, which has us doing about 10% less tests per day vs middle of february.

The positive test rate in the city has halved since this time last month and is the main contributor of numbers going down.

The hospital numbers for the city are currently similar to the spring numbers from last year (second half of first wave).  This sadly isnt great, but hospital numbers do lag behind case numbers so hopefully should be dropping over the next few weeks, I couldnt find national hospital numbers.

The data is always hard to read due to changing factors in providing data. However, the best comparison is hospitalisations and deaths and we are well below most points of the past year and assuming vaccinations do the job going forward, we shouldn't get back to any of those high levels.

Cases are not as important but should still be considered and as you rightly say, the testing capacity has gone up in multiples. I believe about 0.5% of tests are returned as positive which to me seems a very low number. THere are two things to consider reading that data:

1. A lot of people are being tested with no symptoms (all school children/staff and testing in variant areas). However, if we tested the whole population daily, we would probably get a positive percentage of much less than 0.01%.

2. A lot of the extra tests being done in school are not necessarily too reliable (there were lots of instances of false positive tests which were never rectified and people were just told to isolate).

So cases are very hard to get accurate comparisons for due to advances in testing both strategy and availability of tests.

Hi, I got the Leicester covid data from here.

https://www.leicester.gov.uk/your-council/coronavirus/coronavirus-in-leicester-latest-news/coronavirus-data-for-leicester/

7 day PCR positive rate just above 5%.  I think the lowest the city has ever been at is about 2-3% if I remember correctly.  But my memory isnt the best.

Hospital admissions 12 march (most recent date logged) 29.  This is for the week. We had 30 on the week of 26 June.  So we kind of at that spot with hospitalisations.  Our best week was 14 August, for that week we had 3 admissions. Given the current projectory of hospital admissions I expect within a couple of weeks we might be down to 10-20 or even single figures.

I am very curious what the national average PCR positive rate is.

Doesn't seem to be much recent data about the effect of seasonal variations on the spread of covid. 

Do we know for sure that it's less prevalent in the summer months as was summised last year? ie does it get worse during the winter much like cold/flu virus?

It might be that we are drawn into a false sense of security as the weather warms up only to be hit again at the end of the year when another rollout of vaccinations like the flu jab might be required. 

On 13/03/2021 at 22:09, Otis said:

Almost half the adult popluation have had the vaccine yet we're still suposed to stay indoors. maybe if people could see the restrictions lifting faster in relation to the vaccine rollout & overall serious cases/deaths, those that are against the vaccine would be more willing to take it.

I think would be the opposite effect, these "just the flu bro" people only care about things opening up, thats their only concern.  Once things have opened up, what motivation have they to take the jab.

I would actually be more inclined to do an opposite approach in areas with below average takeup.

11 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

'look at the numbers yourself' 

'it's political' 

'you're this or that for refusing a proven safe vaccine'. 

Well I'd rather upset people on a football forum over my wild anti vaccination views (as stated, am fully inoculated and have a mother who thinks the mmr causes autism) than put myself at undue risk for the sake of what very well may end up being a week or two of clarification, or maybe there's just a very, very small chance this parituclar vaccine is problematic and it will be pulled from circulation, I know where I stand on it and won't be talked down from it, again, world powerhouse governments are pulling this from circulation as things stand, not Dr douchebag on YouTube or twitter. It's just common sense to want to be absolutely sure. If you want to go ahead and have it then by all means but I don't see for a second how you can lump in someone for having genuine concerns about something a dozen world governments have genuine concern over being some anti vaxx mentalist who deserves derision. 

I don't agree with you mate but don't ever feel like you ever have to justify yourself to anyone, you do what you think is best, and only you know what you think is best. If you're worried, like you say, wait a few weeks and re-access the situation again, you'll probably find you're more than willing to have it by then.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

NHS website now taking vaccination bookings for anyone over the age of 50.

How do you get notified of this? Before I had my vaccine I had nothing to tell me I could book, only contacted GP after my sister told me they was inviting people.

Just now, Chrysalis said:

How do you get notified of this? Before I had my vaccine I had nothing to tell me I could book, only contacted GP after my sister told me they was inviting people.

I just check the website mate.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Usually the first bulletpoint

'you are aged 50 or over'

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

They put the notification on the internet and at the same time send out the letters to everyone affected.  The letter would reach you a few days after the first internet availability.  At least, that's how it worked with me.

Whilst cleaning up this morning my fingers went straight through the bog paper ..  something that has never ever ever happened before ! (Well except when you are abroad and the paper is about 2 microns thick  ..) ..  along with losing 60 quid at Cheltenham yesterday and my pick up blowing up that’s now 3 things that have happened since I had my Astrid Zeneca jab !! .. ( I really think she just mixed some monkey brains in heavily chlorinated water and bunged the regulators a few bob )   ..  anyway !! ..  these side effects are mounting up !! ..  I will certainly be passing this info on to the WHO as soon as I’ve posted this.   Edit ..  Ok the truck blew up before I had the jab ..  however the appointment had been made ..  and that’s about the same in my book. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Whilst cleaning up this morning my fingers went straight through the bog paper ..  something that has never ever ever happened before !

Talk about getting in touch with your inner self :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Talk about getting in touch with your inner self :D

You can laugh Muzzet but the chances of this happening could be as high as 1 in 6 billion  ..  yes matey boy as high as that !!  ..  and you’ll be laughing on the other side of your face when you next go into your local chippy and notice the man serving you has something brown under his finger nails !!   

• Haha 1