Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Got the jab tomorrow, 27 years old and an alphamale in his prime.

I'm 28, booked in for today after a text from my doctors last Friday. My brother is mid 30s is registered at a different doctors and not had his, its thoroughly pissed him off.

2 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I'm 28, booked in for today after a text from my doctors last Friday. My brother is mid 30s is registered at a different doctors and not had his, its thoroughly pissed him off.

Possibly might depend on where your doctors is.

Mine's Rushy Mead, mainly Indians use it, which might mean they've offered them more vaccines to try and encourage uptake or the uptake from the older age groups hasn't been high, so it's filtered down to the younger people quickly. That's all I could think of, if not it's probably totally random lol

I've got to go to Narb Road health centre for the jab though.

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Mine's Rushy Mead, mainly Indians use it, which might mean they've offered them more vaccines to try and encourage uptake or the uptake from the older age groups hasn't been high, so it's filtered down to the younger people quickly. That's all I could think of, if not it's probably totally random lol

Probably the same doctors I go to and I haven’t had a text to get my vaccine. Can’t hide my disappointment 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'm registered in Blaby, brother in Broughton Astley. Only worry is my girlfriend is also registered in Broughton, being a couple years younger than me she may be waiting a while and we have a holiday booked for September. I have to go to the racecourse, I was expecting to be at work so booked it for 7:30 this evening in the hope I wouldn't have to go back afterwards. Now they've given me the whole day off I wish I'd gone earlier, just sat waiting all day with nothing to do, and I might miss the start of the football.

5 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Probably the same doctors I go to and I haven’t had a text to get my vaccine. Can’t hide my disappointment 

Mine's Lockerbie Walk not Thurmaston Healthcare Centre (Think that's on the Rushy Mead border).

Give them a ring and say you've had a text about booking a vaccine (If it's the one on Lockerbie)

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kopic said:

I'm 32 and haven't had a text yet. Booooo. 

Must be basing it on supplies in certain areas. My doctors is in the middle of old folks town. >_<

I was eligable last thursday tried to book via the link and the nearest for me was 17 miles away in Nottingham. Kept trying all weekend but still the same. Called my GP today the receptionist said call 119. Called 119 they said the nearest one available is 17 miles away in Nottingham :frusty:. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

I was eligable last thursday tried to book via the link and the nearest for me was 17 miles away in Nottingham. Kept trying all weekend but still the same. Called my GP today the receptionist said call 119. Called 119 they said the nearest one available is 17 miles away in Nottingham :frusty:. Any ideas?

Maybe travel 17 miles to Nottingham lad. lol

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, bovril said:

Can't wait for this pandemic to end and the one-way-system-enforcing ***** can go back to being wannabe-dictators in places I don't have to see them. 

Me neither although with the nasty mutant variants we will be guaranteed  to get maybe it will never end.

Wait till the autumn when cases will rise again, the treble mutant Father Christmas variant will take hold and the doom scenario scientists will have their way again.

I jest of course but honestly cannot see an end to it.

2 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

Did you try and book via the NHS website, or via a link from your GP?

When I was eligible, I tried to book vie the NHS website, which generally takes you to a mass vaccination centre. I live just to the south of Market Harborough, and it had availability in Northampton for the 1st jab and Peterborough for the 2nd.

I decided to wait a few days until I got the text message from my local GP.  I then booked at a local vaccination centre in Kettering , just 5 miles away.

If you haven’t had the text message from your GP yet, it may be better to wait a few more days for the message so you can go to your local centre rather than a mass vaccination centre.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kopic said:

I'm registered in Blaby, brother in Broughton Astley. Only worry is my girlfriend is also registered in Broughton, being a couple years younger than me she may be waiting a while and we have a holiday booked for September. I have to go to the racecourse, I was expecting to be at work so booked it for 7:30 this evening in the hope I wouldn't have to go back afterwards. Now they've given me the whole day off I wish I'd gone earlier, just sat waiting all day with nothing to do, and I might miss the start of the football.

Great, I'm in Broughton Astley too and only late 20s so sounds like I'll be waiting a while yet. Maybe some GPs are just following the guidance more closely than others. They shouldn't really be vaccinating those under 36 currently.

On a personal level I don't care that much about being vaccinated but the Mrs is heavily pregnant so we could really do with it to protect her and baby.

2 hours ago, Thefox81 said:

I knew i had set my self up for that after i posted it 😅. Not that easy for me with kids in tow and the wife with the car during the day.

****ing cursed myself, my brother got his letter through today, guess where it's asking that muppet to go...And guess who doesn't have a ****ing car. lol

Edited by Innovindil