Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Don't go quoting Ivor Cummins!  lol

Why not? In another of his widely viewed YouTube videos, the author and public speaker claimed that the real reason that daily deaths declined in the spring was that the UK was reaching herd immunity meaning that the virus was running out of people to infect. He and Mike Yeadon, in a Facebook video, an article on Toby Young's lockdownsceptics.org and several interviews on talkRADIO (now deleted from YouTube but still visible on Twitter), have both claimed that much of the population was already immune to Covid-19 before it arrived in the UK, perhaps through previous exposure to similar viruses. This, they also said, would stop the virus spreading significantly afterwards. 

You then bizarrely re-posted this nonsense as you have continued to do so on this thread since. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

You never know, old Schluppy might do us a favour.

That's the most ludicrous thing I've seen on this thread since....actually, since Legend in Blue's latest You Tube pseudoscience which was about five minutes ago. 

30 minutes ago, Line-X said:

That's the most ludicrous thing I've seen on this thread since....actually, since Legend in Blue's latest You Tube pseudoscience which was about five minutes ago. 

Jeff Schlupp has a premier league winners medal! Show a bit.

Edit: so has gokhan inler, so forget that.

Edited by yorkie1999

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Am i missing something?  Surely if you start surge testing in an area were you know a more transmissible variant is present, you’re going to pick up lots more asymptomatic cases ? 

Isn’t that the point of surge testing?  To find people and get them to isolate...

if as I suspect you mean will you find more cases than otherwise then yes they will, and they need to allow for that in deciding how transmissible it is.

1 minute ago, Stivo said:

Isn’t that the point of surge testing?  To find people and get them to isolate...

if as I suspect you mean will you find more cases than otherwise then yes they will, and they need to allow for that in deciding how transmissible it is.

Just pointing out that the crude headlines stating that there is a doubling of recorded infections within a week aren’t very scientific 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Just pointing out that the crude headlines stating that there is a doubling of recorded infections within a week aren’t very scientific 

That’s true and also if it is currently spreading within (larger than average) households it’s less of an issue (for the country as a whole) as well.  There seems more confidence that the increase in transmissibility vs the Kent variant is going to be less than originally feared and that it won’t derail the roadmap.

What's slightly irked me lately, is we've been shouting for a return to fans in stadiums. But now we're having trials and runs of limited numbers, we have people trying to skip or dodge various steps that ensure (or at least try to ensure) everyone going is safe. It's infuriating to read. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What's slightly irked me lately, is we've been shouting for a return to fans in stadiums. But now we're having trials and runs of limited numbers, we have people trying to skip or dodge various steps that ensure (or at least try to ensure) everyone going is safe. It's infuriating to read. 

There was lots of "non compliance" at Wembley on Saturday. On the coach home, aside from the driver, the club steward and myseld I don't think anyone was wearing a mask. There was an understandable amount of cheering, singing and boisterousness but all the same, you'd think people could moderate their behavior slightly

On the other side of the argument, there so call covid photo ID check was totally non existent. Boarding the coach at Leicester and entering the cordon outside Wembley my SMS Covid Negative message was given only the most cursory of glances and certainly wan't double checked against any ID.

For the record (because there was some doubts about using tickets in someone else's name) there was also no name check on the ticket either (although this is seperate to the covid issue)

I guess the regulatiions are based on people compying with them anyway, rather than strict enforcement

The fact of the matter is it would have been very easy to gain entry having not had a covid test 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

There was lots of "non compliance" at Wembley on Saturday. On the coach home, aside from the driver, the club steward and myseld I don't think anyone was wearing a mask. There was an understandable amount of cheering, singing and boisterousness but all the same, you'd think people could moderate their behavior slightly

On the other side of the argument, there so call covid photo ID check was totally non existent. Boarding the coach at Leicester and entering the cordon outside Wembley my SMS Covid Negative message was given only the most cursory of glances and certainly wan't double checked against any ID.

For the record (because there was some doubts about using tickets in someone else's name) there was also no name check on the ticket either (although this is seperate to the covid issue)

I guess the regulatiions are based on people compying with them anyway, rather than strict enforcement

The fact of the matter is it would have been very easy to gain entry having not had a covid test 

That will be the way though moving forward, simply because the stewards on minimum wage won't be arsed with the aggro, the same as supermarket staff etc during the height of it. 

6 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Same experience on the bus and ticket checking. But my Covid test text was checked fairly closely checked both before coach and Wembley. 

You'd assume with staff on a lower wage being a steward/volunteering they're not going to be challenging people. 

As you say though, if you wanted to get by this it wasn't too difficult to do. Just irked me seeing people complain about health surveys or wearing a mask to travel. 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Same experience on the bus and ticket checking. But my Covid test text was checked fairly closely checked both before coach and Wembley. 

You'd assume with staff on a lower wage being a steward/volunteering they're not going to be challenging people. 

As you say though, if you wanted to get by this it wasn't too difficult to do. Just irked me seeing people complain about health surveys or wearing a mask to travel. 

totally agree. The direction of travel looks positive and we certainly appear to be on the way out, but complacency is our biggest enemy here

People should just follow the guidelines for a bit longer and hopefully we can all come out of all restrictions soon

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I think we all saw that coming in the event of a win, which makes the decision to cattle most of the support onto coaches even more bizarre to me. 

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

The idea of the test was to do it in a real world situation where people don't strictly stick to the rules, especially where booze is involved. There's no point in everyone sat there in a mask etc because it's not going to show anything that is not already known, it would be probably worse as it would lead to a false sense of security. From what i've heard there were 12 positive cases that arose from the 3 test events which, all things considered, is remarkable. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

The idea of the test was to do it in a real world situation where people don't strictly stick to the rules, especially where booze is involved. There's no point in everyone sat there in a mask etc because it's not going to show anything that is not already known, it would be probably worse as it would lead to a false sense of security. From what i've heard there were 12 positive cases that arose from the 3 test events which, all things considered, is remarkable. 

And presumably some of those 12 already had it before the event and the test failed to pick it up.  For people to catch coronavirus at the test event, there must have been someone there who already had it.

48 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

And presumably some of those 12 already had it before the event and the test failed to pick it up.  For people to catch coronavirus at the test event, there must have been someone there who already had it.

Sorry, 15 out of 58,000

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I hope karma comes for Hancock one day, I’ll be celebrating it, vile human being. 

Some of his answers in parliament recently have been so smug. Over the course of the last year, he’s morphed into this arrogant willy puller who feels like he can’t be touched after the early period of him looking he was gonna break down crying every time he was scrutinised 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Some of his answers in parliament recently have been so smug. Over the course of the last year, he’s morphed into this arrogant willy puller who feels like he can’t be touched after the early period of him looking he was gonna break down crying every time he was scrutinised 

The irony being the only reason we have a successful vaccine roll out is that it was specifically taken out of his department to manage the procurement, and the GP network is managing most of the actual jabs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

totally agree. The direction of travel looks positive and we certainly appear to be on the way out, but complacency is our biggest enemy here

People should just follow the guidelines for a bit longer and hopefully we can all come out of all restrictions soon

Our biggest enemy is those who would go along with the continuation of unnecessary restrictions to our liberty, vaccine passports without questioning why they are needed.

4 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Ah nearest vaccine centre is 16 miles away and I don’t drive. Are they still doing them at the racecourse does anyone know and how do you get to book it that way?

I found the online booking a joke. Either a chemist in Coalville or Derby bike track. Bizarre, considering I'm suburban Leicester 

GP though booked me in at Loughborough so you're probably best to book via the GP, if my experience is to go by

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

The irony being the only reason we have a successful vaccine roll out is that it was specifically taken out of his department to manage the procurement, and the GP network is managing most of the actual jabs.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: no government could have done it better, because relinquishing agency to the NHS and the Army, both experts in mass vaccination and logistics respectively, will always be more effective than any government department sticking their foot in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I found the online booking a joke. Either a chemist in Coalville or Derby bike track. Bizarre, considering I'm suburban Leicester 

GP though booked me in at Loughborough so you're probably best to book via the GP, if my experience is to go by

Yeah a few strange choices to go to considering I live 10 min drive from Leicester city centre. Could be at the general hospital or racecourse easily to. Thanks though will have to give them a call see what say