Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

19 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Yeah a few strange choices to go to considering I live 10 min drive from Leicester city centre. Could be at the general hospital or racecourse easily to. Thanks though will have to give them a call see what say 

I managed to book an appointment at the general hospital for next week via the Leicestershire CCG website. Google "Leicester covid vaccine" click the Leicestershire CCG link (think it was second result) then use the "hospital hub" swift queue link. There was nothing available this morning, but I checked after lunch and there were slots added to the general. The NHS national website was garbage, had nothing at all for 20 miles. Hancock promising "surge vaccinations" for Leicester, while his website has 0 appointments and wants to send everyone to Nottingham, derby, cov or Birmingham.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Langley said:

Anyone had a response from their tests they’ve sent off from home that were sent to us for the FA cup final?

Negative for coronavirus but concerns about my blood pressure and heart rate. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

There was lots of "non compliance" at Wembley on Saturday. On the coach home, aside from the driver, the club steward and myseld I don't think anyone was wearing a mask. There was an understandable amount of cheering, singing and boisterousness but all the same, you'd think people could moderate their behavior slightly

On the other side of the argument, there so call covid photo ID check was totally non existent. Boarding the coach at Leicester and entering the cordon outside Wembley my SMS Covid Negative message was given only the most cursory of glances and certainly wan't double checked against any ID.

For the record (because there was some doubts about using tickets in someone else's name) there was also no name check on the ticket either (although this is seperate to the covid issue)

I guess the regulatiions are based on people compying with them anyway, rather than strict enforcement

The fact of the matter is it would have been very easy to gain entry having not had a covid test 

I was surprised how closely my ID etc were checked at Wembley 

6 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

The idea of the test was to do it in a real world situation where people don't strictly stick to the rules, especially where booze is involved. There's no point in everyone sat there in a mask etc because it's not going to show anything that is not already known, it would be probably worse as it would lead to a false sense of security. From what i've heard there were 12 positive cases that arose from the 3 test events which, all things considered, is remarkable. 

How can they know how many positive cases have come from the cup final - the five day pcr tests would only have been received by labs today 

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

How can they know how many positive cases have come from the cup final - the five day pcr tests would only have been received by labs today 

The Brit awards, World snooker championship, Liverpool night club, should have mentions the ones before the fa cup final.

21 minutes ago, bovril said:

Still feel fine from Pfizer this morning. When are the side effects supposed to kick in? Bit worried they injected me with water.

You might not have any - I know plenty that haven't. I felt slightly achy the following day after the AZ shot but was fine within a few hours. In contrast, I know of people that were laid up in bed for a fortnight. Remember the reaction that people refer to as "side effects" is simply your innate immune response and there is huge biological variation between individuals in the way this manifests itself. 

37 minutes ago, bovril said:

Still feel fine from Pfizer this morning. When are the side effects supposed to kick in? Bit worried they injected me with water.

I had it on Tuesday, in the evening and on Wednesday my arm was so bloody painful, couldn't really lift it. Not so bad on Thursday and completely fine today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Pfizer seems to have less side effects than AZ 

Hypochondriacs, I know loads who have the the AZ and only one reckoned she was really sick and shivering for a day, and she’s a sick note at the best of times.

2 hours ago, bovril said:

Had my pfizer this week.like a mildly bruised upper arm for.about 28 hours, then that was it. 

I'm expecting jab 2 to be little worse. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Kopic said:

I had it on Tuesday, in the evening and on Wednesday my arm was so bloody painful, couldn't really lift it. Not so bad on Thursday and completely fine today. 

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Pfizer seems to have less side effects than AZ 

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Had my pfizer this week.like a mildly bruised upper arm for.about 28 hours, then that was it. 

I'm expecting jab 2 to be little worse. 

Thanks. Slight upper arm ache coming on now. 

Stay tuned for more exciting developments. 

3 minutes ago, bovril said:

Thanks. Slight upper arm ache coming on now. 

Stay tuned for more exciting developments. 

I had mine today as well. I can feel it if I lift my arm up, but that’s it. Fingers crossed will be ok for the match on Sunday - I will be there even if my husband has to help drag me up into the stand!

10 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I had mine today as well. I can feel it if I lift my arm up, but that’s it. Fingers crossed will be ok for the match on Sunday - I will be there even if my husband has to help drag me up into the stand!

Well if you can’t make it I’m willing to drag up to go.

• Haha 1

it seems that this going to the game on Sunday are part of a large govt experiment to see just how the virus transits in outdoor crowds that are unlikely to stick to guidelines re mask wearing.  by deciding not to require any type of test pre match (inc at home LFT), the reassurance that no one at the game (as per the cup final or other recent test events) is positive, has gone.  Whilst the virus is  ‘under control’ across swathes of the country, the much talked about variants add grist to the scientists mill in studying how many who attend the final games and  other outdoor events where you remain sat in one place become infected.  

no doubt the presence of the ‘more transmissible variants’ will help to assuage govt concerns for next season, assuming there are no spikes in infections from these outdoor crowd events. 

Gutted my Euro 2020 tickets have been cancelled. Was going to the last 16 game and it’s a few days after the June 21 (supposed back to normality) date so thought it might be full capacity, but obviously UEFA don’t think it will be the case we’ll be back to normality by then.

Might mean semis and final will be at least half empty too.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Triple mutant Yorkshire variant now, this is ridiculous, it’s going to keep happening again and again, bloody media headlines.

It needs to stop 🛑 

Triple mutant. Sounds horrendous. 

20 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Triple mutant Yorkshire variant now, this is ridiculous, it’s going to keep happening again and again, bloody media headlines.

It needs to stop 🛑 

It can stop overnight if everyone just said **** this and stopped getting tested. But unfortunately they stay jump we say how high 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soup said:

It can stop overnight if everyone just said **** this and stopped getting tested. But unfortunately they stay jump we say how high 

This is a very odd approach. You know it CAN kill people and that testing and acting CAN prevent that?

Coupled with the vaccination programme isn't this the sensible thing to do? 

And, on the identification of the variants, it wouldn't stop it. Those samples are taken from people in hospital, not the testing that is done. 

On 21/05/2021 at 16:45, st albans fox said:

You're joking right?

The outer security had a cursory glance at the match ticket and the email, no ID required.

And then when going in through the body scanner and gentle pat down it was scan the ticket and in you go.

Pretty surprised there were no ID checks whatsoever.

(Maybe that's because I was in sponsors seats rather than the lower tier with the main lot of fans?)

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You're joking right?

The outer security had a cursory glance at the match ticket and the email, no ID required.

And then when going in through the body scanner and gentle pat down it was scan the ticket and in you go.

Pretty surprised there were no ID checks whatsoever.

(Maybe that's because I was in sponsors seats rather than the lower tier with the main lot of fans?)

I can only give my experience Geoff ....initial check of test result against my ticket and ID. Then another closer check of all three. And once through the turnstiles, a quick query of what was in my pocket to set off the metal detector and another request to see my photo ID.  

• Like 1