Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

1 hour ago, Soup said:

It can stop overnight if everyone just said **** this and stopped getting tested. But unfortunately they stay jump we say how high 

18 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

This is a very odd approach. You know it CAN kill people and that testing and acting CAN prevent that?

Coupled with the vaccination programme isn't this the sensible thing to do? 

And, on the identification of the variants, it wouldn't stop it. Those samples are taken from people in hospital, not the testing that is done. 

Report I read earlier showed that they are finding the variants and their general  location by analysis of effluent at 500 sites around the country .....no need to test anyone 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Report I read earlier showed that they are finding the variants and their general  location by analysis of effluent at 500 sites around the country .....no need to test anyone 

We're doomed 😅😅

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Haha

actually pretty clever and means local testing doesn’t need to be overly intrusive without evidence it’s needed. 

Might actually get my swimming baths open as well :D 

All the staff have been at the testing centres apparently 

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

You're joking right?

The outer security had a cursory glance at the match ticket and the email, no ID required.

And then when going in through the body scanner and gentle pat down it was scan the ticket and in you go.

Pretty surprised there were no ID checks whatsoever.

(Maybe that's because I was in sponsors seats rather than the lower tier with the main lot of fans?)

It was equally as poxy in our end 

10 hours ago, when_you're_smiling said:

Gutted my Euro 2020 tickets have been cancelled. Was going to the last 16 game and it’s a few days after the June 21 (supposed back to normality) date so thought it might be full capacity, but obviously UEFA don’t think it will be the case we’ll be back to normality by then.

Might mean semis and final will be at least half empty too.

Had my semi final tickets cancelled. Scum organisation still selling high priced packages though 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Soup said:

I only scan read it so please correct me, but is it not suggesting there will be a surge as you missed out on loads getting it this winter, so more are likely to get it next winter. Rather than it being any more dangerous?

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I only scan read it so please correct me, but is it not suggesting there will be a surge as you missed out on loads getting it this winter, so more are likely to get it next winter. Rather than it being any more dangerous?

No you're right. It's more about how it could effect kids who I think have suffered so much during the.last year. 

Edited by Soup

8 hours ago, Babylon said:

Pretty much.  I think it's also saying that children normally swap diseases like they swap football cards, and because they haven't been swapping diseases for the last year their immune systems have got out of practice.

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc
2 minutes ago, Otis said:

It's been over for weeks, maybe months now. It's only the media keeping it going.

Fear sells.

100%.

Not again!!! Please not again. 

1 hour ago, reynard said:

Well not quite over yet.

here we go again in Leicester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57

How long before this become policy rather than advice and local lockdowns start again?

I’m sick to the back teeth of this. It’s not living anymore. It’s avoidance, living in worry and not doing things without thinking of the stupid virus and waiting for the next lockdown. Loved ones being told to stay at home for their own safety. I’ve not seen some relatives properly for over a year now due to fear. Every cold and cough or someone being ill could be it as everything is a possible symptom, isolating, schooling disrupted, work disrupted it’s never ending. Empty promises from the government over and over again. 

Just can’t see an end, and that is the thing that is thing that is getting to me. 

Edited by fox_favourite