Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharmania

Longest Run without Missing a Home Game

I know lots of us try to get to as many home games as possible. 

Living in London means I get up more than I did when I lived in Hampshire, but I'm still not at every game.

With the behind closed doors games happening, I was wondering what the longest streak of homes games attended currently is, as they're all going to come to an end as soon as the next game kicks off.

I missed the 4-0 against Aston Villa so my run is currently at zero anyway! :nigel:

It's a shame some personal records will be broken, but I'd love to celebrate how some fans have spent their precious time and money to keep following the club we love. :schmike:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lcfcliam said:

Since the 08/09 season I've missed one home game which was Swansea on the opening day 09/10 as I was on holiday! 

Are we counting cup games though 👀

Think mine is an extremely mediocre 30 odd and even that was a while ago now.

3 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

I was on a good run of home games many years ago.

My new girlfriend at the time suggested picking up 2 kittens would be better than going to a home match.

Kittens + happy girlfriend vs crap game down the City.   No contest, i'm afraid!

Agreed. So which crap game down the City did you go to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Are we counting cup games though 👀

Think mine is an extremely mediocre 30 odd and even that was a while ago now.

I missed 1 cup game in League One and rushed back from work to catch the second half of the 2-0 defeat to Spurs in the FA Cup wish I hadn't of bothered by the end of it 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Says the man with 11,000 points on an Internet forum about football

To be fair to him, that’s not really a comparison considering that’s over a decade and posts can be made anywhere, any time. 

If what he means is the mindset that you CAN’T miss a game, and you’d prioritise it over seemingly everything else in your life, I can see his point. If you haven’t missed a home game for 10, 20, 30 years then you either had unbelievable luck with scheduling or you’ve likely sacrificed what most people would consider more important events. 

Personally, if someone sees that as a preferential lifestyle then fair enough, doesn’t really effect me. But I can see why people would find it odd.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2020 at 05:09, Stadt said:

The club are a massive part of my life but never missing a game is a bit sad in my opinion 

I know a bloke, QPR fan, hasn't missed a home game (inc friendlies) since 1973.

Asked him if he'd miss a game for a million quid.

He said no.

Each to their own eh

• Like 1