Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Barcelona have been linked to just about every left back under the sun, tbf. I don't really think he'll come here, but I honestly think it's more likely than him going to Barcelona.

He'll only come here if he actually really wants to come to Leicester. He's an extremely highly coveted player and Ajax are prepared to let him go for circa £25mn apparently.

It won't just be us and Barcelona and never was just us and Barcelona!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Barcelona have been linked to just about every left back under the sun, tbf. I don't really think he'll come here, but I honestly think it's more likely than him going to Barcelona.

Yeah not adding credibility to it just passing on what I saw on the bbc gossip column.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, majaco said:

Do all Argentinians get on?  If Leicester signed two English: me and Boris Johnson, there would be two initial problems: we'd both be crap; we wouldn't get on.

Having lived the expatriate life, trust me there’s a tendency to “get along” with a few dodgy types you wouldn’t normally associate with back home. lol

• Like 1

On 22/08/2020 at 20:16, Bert said:

We need a ready LB not a potential LB. Thomas needs a season playing regular football and bulking up before he gets near a regular starter for us. 

I wonder what the best option for Thomas is. Do you send him out on loan to a top 10 Championship side and get the experience, or do you keep him training and learning from the quality we have in our squad?

5 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I wonder what the best option for Thomas is. Do you send him out on loan to a top 10 Championship side and get the experience, or do you keep him training and learning from the quality we have in our squad?

If Chilwell goes, I'd absolutely keep him as backup. Fuchs can do a job occasionally of course, but judging by his (albeit, limited) appearances at the end of last season Thomas is equally capable of providing backup at LB. Given that we'll have 50+ games in a condensed season next year there's going to be plenty of opportunities for the young lad to deputise in cup games (domestic and potentially Europa) to get the experience needed, and being around the squad and learning from his teammates/Rodgers will be much more beneficial than stepping down a level.

• Like 2

IF we can’t sign this geezer then I think we should hold on to Chilwell. We don’t need the money. I think Chilwell is professional enough to stay and do a job if we forced him to stay. Having said that, i would prefer us to sell him and sign this lad but if the replacement isn’t good enough let’s not just sign anyone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Regular games. Did Chilwell, Barnes And even Hamza wonders. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jakemoore said:

IF we can’t sign this geezer then I think we should hold on to Chilwell. We don’t need the money. I think Chilwell is professional enough to stay and do a job if we forced him to stay. Having said that, i would prefer us to sell him and sign this lad but if the replacement isn’t good enough let’s not just sign anyone. 

What if chilly doesn’t want to be here?

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

What if chilly doesn’t want to be here?

Hold him to his contract. He might kick up a fuss for a bit but ultimately he's not going to go on strike then no 'bigger' team is going to want to touch him again. Sometimes it's good to take a tough line like we did with Mahrez. 

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Hold him to his contract. He might kick up a fuss for a bit but ultimately he's not going to go on strike then no 'bigger' team is going to want to touch him again. Sometimes it's good to take a tough line like we did with Mahrez. 

But ultimately, that held us back.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

He was unhappy, his form suffered, development of the team suffered, the team became unbalanced.

He had a decent season in his last season for us from what I remember. I didn't see too many adverse effects from his moodiness. I might be missing something though. It's an interesting point of discussion though. It's something all clubs have to way up when they have a player who is contracted and unhappy, there's no right or wrong way to approach it I suspect. It's just a case of weighing up all the positives and negatives and making a decision on that.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

He had a decent season in his last season for us from what I remember. I didn't see too many adverse effects from his moodiness. I might be missing something though. It's an interesting point of discussion though. It's something all clubs have to way up when they have a player who is contracted and unhappy, there's no right or wrong way to approach it I suspect. It's just a case of weighing up all the positives and negatives and making a decision on that.  

That's fair enough - I think perhaps the club wish they'd acted differently. In much the same way i think they didn't want another Maguire saga this summer.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

That's fair enough - I think perhaps the club wish they'd acted differently. In much the same way i think they didn't want another Maguire saga this summer.

They certainly seem to be acting differently this time to other deals. I suspect it's to do with Maguire and that deal. The board have all the information and all I can do is trust them to make the right decisions and they seem to get it right more often than not so hopefully they'll take the right decision here too.