Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

If it's not Tagliafico we are after there is going to surely be someone behind the scenes that we are close to agreeing a deal with. We won't be risking going into a new season with Luke Thomas and an injured Fuchs as our sole cover at LB.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

You not been to the Amalfi coast then???

I went to Maori last year, beautiful area. The transfer from the airport was hell on earth though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

If it's not Tagliafico we are after there is going to surely be someone behind the scenes that we are close to agreeing a deal with. We won't be risking going into a new season with Luke Thomas and an injured Fuchs as our sole cover at LB.

Agreed, but not sure about ‘close’. We seem to have a habit of selling and leaving it some time to work out a replacement 🙄

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Agreed, but not sure about ‘close’. We seem to have a habit of selling and leaving it some time to work out a replacement 🙄

Not sure we would risk it when it comes to a defender, especially with both Fuchs and Ricardo injured. 

Just now, Lad1966 said:

Am I missing something here. I thought he wants to play in the PL. Napoli weren’t interested in him. So why people think we won’t get him?

I think people are just losing faith and heart, due to the lack of information getting out there 🤷🏻‍♂️

40 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Especially given Fuchs is going to be out until early October, Ricardo longer and we have issues at centre half with suspension for Evans for 3 games and Benkovic being very delicate.

1 minute ago, Lad1966 said:

Am I missing something here. I thought he wants to play in the PL. Napoli weren’t interested in him. So why people think we won’t get him?

Because if we did people would have to stop moaning about us not signing anyone.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Especially given Fuchs is going to be out until early October, Ricardo longer and we have issues at centre half with suspension for Evans for 3 games and Benkovic being very delicate.

I forgot about Evans! I was thinking we might go three at the back and go with Albrighton at wingback at a push, but even that seems unlikely in those circumstances. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I’m not convinced personally 

I can't imagine any club would sell a key player without already having a finger in a pie or a deal in principle agreed.

Only time i think we have been close is over Mahrez, mainly because he forced the transfer and with the timing was left late for a replacement

Honestly think we wil annouce Lewis, seems an "us" kind of signing, young, british, eager to leave, low wages, low risk, potential sell on. 

Can't see the club spending big money on a player and wages for maybe 3/4 seasons who will see us as his last move

21 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I forgot about Evans! I was thinking we might go three at the back and go with Albrighton at wingback at a push, but even that seems unlikely in those circumstances. 

Imagine a back 5 for the first 3 games of:

Thomas

Benkovic

Soyuncu

Justin

Albrighton

With Morgan as the only defensive sub. WOW

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

I can't imagine any club would sell a key player without already having a finger in a pie or a deal in principle agreed.

Only time i think we have been close is over Mahrez, mainly because he forced the transfer and with the timing was left late for a replacement

Honestly think we wil annouce Lewis, seems an "us" kind of signing, young, british, eager to leave, low wages, low risk, potential sell on. 

Can't see the club spending big money on a player and wages for maybe 3/4 seasons who will see us as his last move

We didn't with Maguire. We all can say we did our planning for Maguire leaving with Soyuncu and Benkovic the season before but due to Benkovic's injuries and Soyuncu being still an element of the unknown we scrabbled round enough trying to get someone to sell us an established centre back until we reluctantly agreed to go with Soyuncu and thankfully it was the right decision. Thats why I have been frustrated we haven't bought anyone yet without waiting to sell Chilwell, as really we ought to have funds still available from last summer. 

• Like 1