Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

Would be unreal if we get him at £30m and sell Chilwell for double. I rate Chilwell and would be very happy for him to stay but this guy is the real deal and will improve us in the short term for sure. If all we do this summer is this deal and a worldie RW we’ll have improved massively. I know the end of last season was a disappointment but if hopefully the players have learned from it and will be better for it. I do still think that signing a real “winner” would do us the world of good though. An old head that has seen it all and could help to arrest complacency/poor form in the future ala Cambiasso. No idea who that is mind. X 

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

Makes you think any deal is far from close if they are letting him play in a Friendly.  

In fairness we had Maguire playing just days before he left for United against Cheltenham and Cambridge if I remember correctly. But yeah definitely a way to go you’d think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Makes you think any deal is far from close if they are letting him play in a Friendly.  

In normal circumstances i’d agree. But with how short pre season is, maybe it’s in the buyers interests for the player to get game time and rebuild match fitness.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SO1 said:

He's just treading water for me. Will be very disappointed if Lewis is the replacement.

Just doesn't have the mentality in the final third yet. Similar to Chilwell. Not saying he doesn't have great potential just that we need someone with all the tools now. A starter.

That's not how we work as a club through. We really buy the finished article.

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

3 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

In fairness we had Maguire playing just days before he left for United against Cheltenham and Cambridge if I remember correctly. But yeah definitely a way to go you’d think.

Or if there are discussions, we are a way off their valuation .....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Defensively he's probably not an improvement on Chilwell in top form, but he's no slouch and Chilwell hasn't been in good form for a year. Where we'll really see the difference is offensively, the real width Tagliafico and Ricardo would give us would be insane, and probably help our wingers out a lot as well.

One of our problems in recent years is that we've usually been overly reliant on one area/side of the pitch for the bulk of our creativity - i.e. Mahrez, Maddison - and when one player is injured/out-of-form then its easy for opposition to target those areas and stifle us completely. Tagliafico may be good going forwards, but this feels like one of those 'sum of its parts' situations where having a strong option on either side is exponentially better as it splits and stretches the opposition even more.

Chilwell could do that to an okay level, but his link-up with Barnes was usually poor and our left side was often less threatening than our right. A different combo down the left and fingers crossed we see a marked improvement across the whole squad, not just in the one position.

• Like 2

Just now, TommyK said:

That's not how we work as a club through. We really buy the finished article.

If we want to compete Top 4 or 6 we have to do better. Happy to have Lewis here to fight for the shirt but not at the price quoted.

Not good enough yet. And I'd hate to spend the money on Lewis and Tagliafico

3 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

We tried to sign Tarkowski and Ake but couldn't because of the price. The powers that be clearly didn't think Soyuncu would be good enough but we got lucky that time. hoping we learnt something from that.

Funny how people see things differently because  when we bought Soyuncu, Benkovic and Evans  I looked at it as future planning .Evans to  replace Wes which eventually happens and one of  Soyuncu or Benkovic to replace Slab head . Early doors everyone thought because of the reviews from  Celtic fans  it was going to be Benkovic but it hasn’t turned out that  way . 

Edited by baldeagle

8 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I disagree - I think they DID mess up and it has steadily improved ever since. They took some risks and they didn't pay off - ironic, given your desire for more risks to be taken.

That's a ridiculous statement. Re read my posts before you make stupid posts.

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Further to what Raw said above, the club IS already taking a series of risks - every purchase, every sale is a risk to a degree. LCFC aren't in a position to do what Chelsea are doing right now, and in the long run I am very relieved for that. 

I agree with some sentument to that but on the flipside the club has put itself in a position whereby they have a bloated squad with many surplus to requirements and on huge salaries. If that is your way of our club doing business then agree to disagree i guess.

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I disagree - I think they DID mess up and it has steadily improved ever since. They took some risks and they didn't pay off - ironic, given your desire for more risks to be taken.

I’d agree with this, it was quite the cock up but I don’t think many clubs have done a better job (relative to a clubs size/desirability) than us since then. 🙂