Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

30 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Hold him to his contract. He might kick up a fuss for a bit but ultimately he's not going to go on strike then no 'bigger' team is going to want to touch him again. Sometimes it's good to take a tough line like we did with Mahrez. 

What if Chilwell never recovers his 18/19 form and we're left with an asset who is fairly average and will never bring us in a big payday?

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

What if Chilwell never recovers his 18/19 form and we're left with an asset who is fairly average and will never bring us in a big payday?

It's always a risk. Running a football club is about calculated risks. My bet would be that he will get even better with time but of course it's not guaranteed.

Just now, Nicolo Barella said:

No idea if this geezer is at all reliable, but that's no choice to me. Napoli every day of the week, unless the wage discrepancy is unreal.

"maar volgens TodoFichajes en enkele andere bronnen heeft de Ajacied besloten om voor de Premier League te gaan."

He wants to play in the Premier League. :thumbup: :brendan_still:

• Like 2

Just now, peach0000 said:

It's always a risk. Running a football club is about calculated risks. My bet would be that he will get even better with time but of course it's not guaranteed.

Take your risks with the assets that do fluctuate so much.

English premium players should not be allowed the chance to decrease in value and definitely not for the sake of a point, especially when the point has already been made.

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No idea if this geezer is at all reliable, but that's no choice to me. Napoli every day of the week, unless the wage discrepancy is unreal.

Only thing I would say is he would be guaranteed 1st choice with us, at Napoli he would have to displace Mario Rui who after signing a new 5 year deal I doubt would be too happy to sit on the bench

1 minute ago, happy85 said:

Journo over 200k followers 

just to put the actual tweet in

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

IF we can’t sign this geezer then I think we should hold on to Chilwell. We don’t need the money. I think Chilwell is professional enough to stay and do a job if we forced him to stay. Having said that, i would prefer us to sell him and sign this lad but if the replacement isn’t good enough let’s not just sign anyone. 

The only way we keep Chilwell is if Chelsea pull the plug due to his injury and that puts off any other interested parties.

You don’t get to this stage of a transfer saga and then bring it to a crashing halt without suffering major repetitional damage and leaving yourself with a very miffed player. 

Plus - even if we do keep him into October, that position will only be temporary. The vultures would surround again come January / next summer, so we’d only be kicking a problem down the road, not achieving a solution.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

The only way we keep Chilwell is if Chelsea pull the plug due to his injury and that puts off any other interested parties.

You don’t get to this stage of a transfer saga and then bring it to a crashing halt without suffering major repetitional damage and leaving yourself with a very miffed player. 

Plus - even if we do keep him into October, that position will only be temporary. The vultures would surround again come January / next summer, so we’d only be kicking a problem down the road, not achieving a solution.

John percy said transfer completed within 48 hours 

it done

52 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

What if chilly doesn’t want to be here?

Er...he is under contract. The well being of LCFC comes before the wishes of Chilwell and his agent. It cannot be any other way.  Ideally the move goes ahead now, as suspect this the best all round solution.  But if it cannot, tough shit. All parties have to get on with things.