Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

1 minute ago, Interested observer said:

Heard the same stuff plenty of times in the past, I know when a player is top class in Scotland or just top class, had with Henrik, VVD, Tierney, Dembele and now it's the same with Eddy.

One year in a top league and he'd cost £100m, but i get it, seeing is believing, and most of you haven't seen enough to really give an educated opinion on him.

Better than the best version of vardy though? Vardy scored 24 goals 6 assists  in 36 appearances and won the league in a side that were relegation candidates.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Better than Vards. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂...

I've heard it all now!!

I get it, you probably though Maguire was better than VVD too, As someone who watches every Celtic game and plenty of EPL I have good knowledge on both, let be honest, you don't.

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

No need to get defensive.I think Edouard looks like a very talented player, and has a lot of attributes to like. If we could get him, lose Nacho, and spend £10m in the process i wouldn't be disappointed. Think any reasonably in tune individual is able to separate the quality of the player from the quality of the league.

To say he is better than the best version of Vardy, however, will go some way to invalidating your reasonable points about Edouard's quality, because that's nonsense.

What was defensive about my post, I would suggest the post I replied to was the defensive one.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I'd rather the Vardy that got 18/20 or so goals that contributed more to the general play of the game to be honest.

If he doesn't score in a game then he generally doesn't do much else.

But the reality is that he's been told to conserve his energy in games because he doesn't have the same sort of stamina to press from the front like he does. It's only natural given that he's 33 and a half.

He has created some class chances this season with his vision and passes- he’d easily be on double figures for assists this season if others took their chances. 

Barnes v Chelsea, Iheanacho twice v Arsenal, Barnes twice v Sheff Utd and that’s to name just a few off the top of my head. 

Yes he’s an absolute nuisance when he chases all day but to say he doesn’t do much else if he doesn’t score is laughable. He doesn’t get nowhere near enough credit for his overall game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Better than the best version of vardy though? Vardy scored 24 goals 6 assists  in 36 appearances and won the league in a side that were relegation candidates.

Yes better, there's no version of Vardy that I would swap for the current version of Eddy, i'm not saying this lightly, I didn't say this stuff about Leigh Griffiths or Gary Hooper, or even Dembele, Eddy is special player.

4 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

I get it, you probably though Maguire was better than VVD too, As someone who watches every Celtic game and plenty of EPL I have good knowledge on both, let be honest, you don't.

You may watch but you clearly do not pay much attention lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

By paying over the odds I mean offer him much bigger wages than the competition is willing too, that's the only way he'll be signing for Leicester.

This is Great. Keep digging.:fishing:

9 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

TBH most people on here were willing to drive maguire to UTD for 80 million everyone knew he wasn't that good.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You might well be proven right in time, but if you seriously think you can come on here and claim he is better than the best player in the history of our club then you're going to be laughed at.

I rate Edouard, I have no worries over whether his performances and goals would carry over in to the PL. He's destined to be a top striker and i really hope we sign him if he'd be interested. We'd certainly pay him more than you and we are the perfect club to go to if one of the elite aren't ready to recruit him. 1 year with us and there'd be a queue of teams willing to pay a lot which is exactly the model of recruitment we look for. 

That's fair enough, I certainly didn't expect any Leicester fans to agree with me, but I do think if you did manage to sign him a lot of people would be singing a different tune in a few years, although part of the attachment to Vardy is the unbelievable success you achieved with him leading the line so that would probably still sway most.

3 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Why would celtic even sell to us 

The highest bidder. They don't have the income stream we do. We're hurting but their hurting more.

Just now, Interested observer said:

That's fair enough, I certainly didn't expect any Leicester fans to agree with me, but I do think if you did manage to sign him a lot of people would be singing a different tune in a few years, although part of the attachment to Vardy is the unbelievable success you achieved with him leading the line so that would probably still sway most.

mzc8cc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Interested observer said:

I'm not on here trolling so for you to try to get me banned for an opinion that differs from yours is kinda pathetic, it's a forum designed for discussion... Discuss.

Welcome - cheers for posting.

It's great you think that highly of him. Only time will tell if he'd come here for 80k a week on a five year deal.

For the record - nobody on this forum thought Maguire was better than VVD - nobody. And saying that Eddy is better than the best version of Vardy is pretty out there but if you think he has that kind of potential even then I'm interested!

What I do think is that you'll be desperate to hold on to him for another year and to prise him away will cost £38 million plus ad ons I'd have thought though he may not get game time as you put it at one of the 'historic' clubs or bigger top 4 usual PL suspects. He'd play here and have an opportunity to be our main man in a season or two's time.

Brendan I would have though has seen enough of him to know if he wants him and if they worked well together I suppose its a possibility as the player is in our sort of price range. I think you're top outlay is £8 million - a record - was that for Eddy? You'll struggle to turn down circa 35-40 million I'd think?

Welcome again,

N.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

You’re comparing a bloke with over 100 PL goals, a premier league winners medal, best player in the clubs history, someone who didn’t even play league football until he was 25, yet still achieved what he has, to, whilst being a very talented player, made no senior appearances for PSG, considering your claim that he was a better prospect than Mbappe, and has since played for Toulouse and Celtic, to even say he’s better than the best version of Vardy is quite frankly, insulting.

35 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

I find it funny seeing Leicester fans debating if Eddy is good enough for them...

Not only is Eddy better than Iheanacho, but he's better than the best version of Vardy.

I understand that money talks and he will be for the off (next season hopefully), but no offence I'm 100% convinced that he will be skipping the Leicester level stepping stone.

This is a guy who has the best strike ratio for France U21's team in history. 11 goals in 6 games, he was thought of as a better prospect that Mbappe when they were coming up, if it wasn't for some silly decisions(sniping someone with an air rifle) he'd most likely still be at PSG, your only chance to get him would be paying well over the odds which I don't see, when he moves it will be to one of the historically big clubs.

Better than Vardy.

Christ you've taken the meaning of delusional to the next level.

Hilarious.lol