Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I dont understand why people are comparing him to dembele and using him as the benchmark for a world class forward, dembele is in an incredibly stacked lyon side (auoar, depay etc) and only getting 15 goals in Ligue 1, he's really not very good, not worth half the hype he gets. If edouard is better than dembele that means very little. From what ive seen from edouard he's got poor off the ball movement, he's not a very good finisher, he's a good dribbler but do we really need a striker who can dribble? Iheanacho might not be world class but if we're going to get rid of him it has to be for a much better player than edouard.

You’ve clearly not seen much of Edouard at all 😂

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Im not saying he's bad, but he's also not that good and not the yardstick to compare forwards by. Despite where lyon finished in the league theyre one of the best teams in europe imo, a top quality striker should be scoring 20+ goals for them, i wouldnt be surprised if when they sell him they actually get a better striker.

So if Dembele isn't that good scoring 16 in 28 for a Lyon side which was in turmoil, and he's not a benchmark to be measured against, plus the fact you're saying we need someone 'much better then Iheanacho' can you let me know a few realistic names you're thinking of who we could sign? There must a be a lot of options in the market for about £30m, right?

I'm not sure what market we should be shopping in? Should we have beat Dortmund to signing Haaland?

We have to be realistic in who we can attract and I'd say Edouard is up there, especially because of the Rodgers link. In the last two seasons he's played 26 times in Europe and scored 11 goals - he also has 11 goals in six U21 games for France - and he'll defeinitely earn a full senior call up soon.

Also, Lawwell will sell to the highest bidder. I'd imagine his reluctance to dip his hand into his pocket during the transfer window resulted in BR doing a runner mid-season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Frost said:

So if Dembele isn't that good scoring 16 in 28 for a Lyon side which was in turmoil, and he's not a benchmark to be measured against, plus the fact you're saying we need someone 'much better then Iheanacho' can you let me know a few realistic names you're thinking of who we could sign? There must a be a lot of options in the market for about £30m, right?

I'm not sure what market we should be shopping in? Should we have beat Dortmund to signing Haaland?

We have to be realistic in who we can attract and I'd say Edouard is up there, especially because of the Rodgers link. In the last two seasons he's played 26 times in Europe and scored 11 goals - he also has 11 goals in six U21 games for France - and he'll defeinitely earn a full senior call up soon.

Also, Lawwell will sell to the highest bidder. I'd imagine his reluctance to dip his hand into his pocket during the transfer window resulted in BR doing a runner mid-season.

This post hits the nail on the head in every sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

They have suffered terrible coaching all season, for him to get 16 goals, 2 less than Mbappe and Ben Yedder who were topscorers, is good, especially in only 28 games.

I just dont think being better than moussa dembele equals world class potential. For me theyre both lacking in the most important attribute for strikers and that's off the ball movement/poachers instinct. I think an actual top quality striker who finds himself in better goalscoring positions would have no problem getting to 20+ goals with players like auoar/ndombele/fekir feeding them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I just dont think being better than moussa dembele equals world class potential. For me theyre both lacking in the most important attribute for strikers and that's off the ball movement/poachers instinct. I think an actual top quality striker who finds himself in better goalscoring positions would have no problem getting to 20+ goals with players like auoar/ndombele/fekir feeding them.

Edouard’s biggest asset is his movement off the ball and how he runs in behind 😂 I’m seriously doubting you’ve ever really sat and watched him with the stuff your saying on this thread.

N’Dombele has been at Spurs for a year also and Fekir has been away at Betis for the same amount of time.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Frost said:

No im saying i want iheanacho, if we were to get rid of him i want someone much better/more experienced than edoaurd. He's not the massive upgrade that everyone on here thinks he is it's just a case of greener grass. Some people just watch youtube highlights and think cos they see him dribbling 2 SPL defenders then hitting the far corner he's going to be world class. I watched a few celtic games in europa and he was standing in no mans land/getting in the way of his teammates way too much for my liking, in contrast to someone like vardy who is constantly moving into space/making room for his teammates. Edouard is still young and inexperienced and may turn out to be a top striker but right now he's not worth binning our players for.

• Like 1

I know he's scored 2 goals, but i'm not being funny, the standard is absolutely horrific.  I know it's been said before and some people disagree but i honestly think Hamilton would struggle to stay up in the Championship.  I've watched countless games and it gets no better!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

No im saying i want iheanacho, if we were to get rid of him i want someone much better/more experienced than edoaurd. He's not the massive upgrade that everyone on here thinks he is it's just a case of greener grass. Some people just watch youtube highlights and think cos they see him dribbling 2 SPL defenders then hitting the far corner he's going to be world class. I watched a few celtic games in europa and he was standing in no mans land/getting in the way of his teammates way too much for my liking, in contrast to someone like vardy who is constantly moving into space/making room for his teammates. Edouard is still young and inexperienced and may turn out to be a top striker but right now he's not worth binning our players for.

So your wanting world class players to be signed this summer.

ok 😂

Just now, henrik_62 said:

Hat trick 😎

I wanna...

Amazing the confidence he's building now. I swear Lennon must have him in the weight room 24/7. He looks so much stronger.