Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

1 hour ago, dylanlegend said:

You have to give credit to Celtic scouting, they always seem to unearth some great bargains.

why don’t we go after these players when they are 2-3mill rather than 30mill?

Dembele, Édouard, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Larsson, Forster 

Because you can't buy these players, chuck them in the reserves and expect them to be PL ready in the same time that they would playing competitive, first team football. 

Stepping stones like Celtic are what make them the players they are. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Those days were great! We’ve got Congerton now tho

Tbh I think Congerton signed Edouard at Celtic from PSG. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, MPH said:

From What i can remember, anyone who was sold for a substantial fee from the scottish leagues has been a success in the prem 

I was just about to say this, can’t think of the last person who went from Scotland to the EPL, even via the championship, for more than £5m who hasn’t done fairly well.

3 hours ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think any player has come from the SPL for the amount being spoken about. I suspect that if a transfer is to be done then it will involve plenty of add-ons which, if achieved, will have meant success and therefore value for money. 

Tierney went for £25m up front last summer, hes the most, that’s why it dragged on so long as Celtic insisted on all the money up front.

Not too sure why people slag off the Scottish league so much. Yes, I agree, towards the bottom end of the table the standard isn’t great, but throughout the years Scotland has produced some top class players. Wanyama, Dembele, Van Dijk and that’s just to name a few. That’s with Rangers being completely useless for the last decade and not producing any quality. Even with the poor standard towards the bottom end of the SPFL, the way the league is set up, teams such as Celtic would be playing an Aberdeen or Rangers three times a season and they are mid table Championship standard at worse. They can only beat what they’re up against. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Messi said:

Rangers and Celtic have got their fans by the balls regarding this. The waiting list for a season ticket is ridiculously long so no fan would give up their tickets. £500+ for a virtual pass is mental. 

Yeah I’m pretty sure both clubs have around 15-20k on waiting lists for season tickets so like you say the club has current season ticket holders by the balls as they are scared of losing their seats.

22 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Tbh I think Congerton signed Edouard at Celtic from PSG. :ph34r:

You’d be forgiven for thinking that but Edouard was a lawell signing, he’s always been cosy with the PSG owner and we’ve had a few players from them over recent years. When we got him on loan initially it was actually really out of the blue on the last day of the transfer window as cover as we had only one fit striker at the time.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Why start over with someone else who might be as good as Iheanacho? 

I’d happily start next season with both in our squad but one or the other I’d take Nacho all day long

I guess it’s all about opinions mate but having seen a fair bit of Iheanacho and having watched Edouard every week I’d have to say Edouard is in a different class. I’d really worry if Vardy missed say ten games with injury and you had to rely on iheanacho from the start week in week out. I also think Rodgers really doesn’t fancy him which is quite telling.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

You’d be forgiven for thinking that but Edouard was a lawell signing, he’s always been cosy with the PSG owner and we’ve had a few players from them over recent years. When we got him on loan initially it was actually really out of the blue on the last day of the transfer window as cover as we had only one fit striker at the time.

Thanks for forgiving me and clearing that up. I wasn't really sure about what I had done. :)

42 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Not too sure why people slag off the Scottish league so much. Yes, I agree, towards the bottom end of the table the standard isn’t great, but throughout the years Scotland has produced some top class players. Wanyama, Dembele, Van Dijk and that’s just to name a few. That’s with Rangers being completely useless for the last decade and not producing any quality. Even with the poor standard towards the bottom end of the SPFL, the way the league is set up, teams such as Celtic would be playing an Aberdeen or Rangers three times a season and they are mid table Championship standard at worse. They can only beat what they’re up against. 

Average wage for a Celtic first teamer is 19k a week

For Hamilton it's £800 a week

8 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Why's this even a thread? We haven't even been linked. This isn't happening. 

I could post an article from some rag but what's the point. They all just make shit up anyway.

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure both clubs have around 15-20k on waiting lists for season tickets so like you say the club has current season ticket holders by the balls as they are scared of losing their seats.

Think we have 18,000 on waiting list. They all pay £25 a year for being on that list 

BBC Sport claiming all of his goals against Hamilton were 'Outstanding'

So I thought oooh ill watch the highlights. Nothing outstanding about any of them lol. Is this a Scottish football thing? Bog standard finishes are seen as works of art belonging with the elite.

Think id sooner stick with Nacho. Just seems like a punt in the hope his scoring numbers come across with him. It may very well do but Nacho has had a decent season and looks hungry to carry on fighting for us.

12 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I don't want him if it means selling Iheanacho to be honest. It feels like he is on the cusp of something.

I think we have space for both.

We have Vardy and Iheanacho then the next proper striker we have is Hirst.

5 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think we have space for both.

We have Vardy and Iheanacho then the next proper striker we have is Hirst.

We’re not a big enough and financially viable club to stockpile 3 strikers of that level imo. I like Nacho, think he brings good stuff to the team and he’s young, but if we’re in for someone of this level of fee then it’s because BR doesn’t rate him to be Vardy’s successor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

We’re not a big enough and financially viable club to stockpile 3 strikers of that level imo. I like Nacho, think he brings good stuff to the team and he’s young, but if we’re in for someone of this level of fee then it’s because BR doesn’t rate him to be Vardy’s successor.

Can he be considered that young now? He's 24 in a couple of months and in terms of starts he's not played a lot of football for a 24 year old. I'd be wary of how much better he's going to get in all honesty and I get it's my own personal opinion but I don't see him ever being good enough to be a number 1 striker at a top 6 EPL club.

• Like 1