Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

10 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

We’re not a big enough and financially viable club to stockpile 3 strikers of that level imo. I like Nacho, think he brings good stuff to the team and he’s young, but if we’re in for someone of this level of fee then it’s because BR doesn’t rate him to be Vardy’s successor.

Why not?

Vardy is clearly the number 1 but neither Iheanacho or Edouard have proven themselves to be too big to play second fiddle to him.

Vardy won't be around forever, while his goalscoring has clearly not stopped this season you can start to see the drop off in terms of his overall impact on games. He doesn't press nearly as much as he did.

10 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why not?

Vardy is clearly the number 1 but neither Iheanacho or Edouard have proven themselves to be too big to play second fiddle to him.

Vardy won't be around forever, while his goalscoring has clearly not stopped this season you can start to see the drop off in terms of his overall impact on games. He doesn't press nearly as much as he did.

Vardy and Rodgers have said numerous times this season that he’s been told not to press and do as much work off the ball to reserve his energy. Which worked as he’s now sitting at home with the premier league golden boot. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why not?

You’re right, neither too big to be second fiddle, but my point was having three. We’re not paying 30/40m for a third striker, and Nacho surely isn’t hanging around for even less game time. 

31 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Can he be considered that young now? He's 24 in a couple of months and in terms of starts he's not played a lot of football for a 24 year old. I'd be wary of how much better he's going to get in all honesty and I get it's my own personal opinion but I don't see him ever being good enough to be a number 1 striker at a top 6 EPL club.

I agree, he’s not ‘that’ young. He has experience and probably should be at a club where he’s a starter, or certainly having more minutes than he does with us. I think that BR wants to move him on and have a more suitable replacement, having had time to fully evaluate Nacho and his ability. 

58 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

BBC Sport claiming all of his goals against Hamilton were 'Outstanding'

I was just about to call you out for that as I thought you were exaggerating lol

Watched the highlights and read the report myself...wow. I feel like I owe you an apology for doubting you haha.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Can he be considered that young now? He's 24 in a couple of months and in terms of starts he's not played a lot of football for a 24 year old. I'd be wary of how much better he's going to get in all honesty and I get it's my own personal opinion but I don't see him ever being good enough to be a number 1 striker at a top 6 EPL club.

That's why I would sell Iheanacho and bring in Edouard if i had the chance to do so.

Iheanacho has had a good season and scored at the same rate per minute as Vardy this season but he's been here three seasons and performs like a top ten PL player bust still short of a top 6 PL player. There is nothing wrong on cashing in on fringe players who are well into their 20's or at least players who have been at this level for a long time and not really kicked on to be top 6 level PL players. I'd sell any player who falls into this category for the right money.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

That's why I would sell Iheanacho and bring in Edouard if i had the chance to do so.

Iheanacho has had a good season and scored at the same rate per minute as Vardy this season but he's been here three seasons and performs like a top ten PL player bust still short of a top 6 PL player. There is nothing wrong on cashing in on fringe players who are well into their 20's or at least players who have been at this level for a long time and not really kicked on to be top 6 level PL players. I'd sell any player who falls into this category for the right money.

Wholeheartedly agree, Iheanacho has been at the club a long time now and people are still talking about his potential, that says it all.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Wholeheartedly agree, Iheanacho has been at the club a long time now and people are still talking about his potential, that says it all.

Same as Gray really who has had a better season this season tbf to him.

In the past when Leicester have signed top quality players you see it very soon after. Gary Mcallister, Draper, Lennon, Kante, Ricardo, Maddison all spring to mind. Very rarely are their slow burners like Vardy who had an excuse as he was a part time footballer for Stocksbridge and working in a factory at 23 and then catapulted to Championship football which is a huge leap in a couple of years and took his time to adjust.

The rule of thumb is if a player has been with you for years and still hasn't forced their way into the first team then he's probably never going to reach those heights. Once a player hits 23 then potential should be taken with a pinch of salt as they're fast approaching the half way point in their career.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

He hasnt played more than 1000 minutes in a season yet, it's hard to consistently get a run of games when youre competing with aguero and vardy for playing time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I was just about to call you out for that as I thought you were exaggerating lol

Watched the highlights and read the report myself...wow. I feel like I owe you an apology for doubting you haha.

The below is taken from https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53632151. The goals were as simple as can be lol 

image.png.bc4ea1ac494d77dca6ff93b045eece58.png

Your apology is accepted lol 

34 minutes ago, Messi said:

Vardy and Rodgers have said numerous times this season that he’s been told not to press and do as much work off the ball to reserve his energy. Which worked as he’s now sitting at home with the premier league golden boot. 

I'd rather the Vardy that got 18/20 or so goals that contributed more to the general play of the game to be honest.

If he doesn't score in a game then he generally doesn't do much else.

But the reality is that he's been told to conserve his energy in games because he doesn't have the same sort of stamina to press from the front like he does. It's only natural given that he's 33 and a half.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He hasnt played more than 1000 minutes in a season yet, it's hard to consistently get a run of games when youre competing with aguero and vardy for playing time.

That's the point, that's a problem when your nearly 24, it's very difficult to play catch-up in that sense.

1 minute ago, Interested observer said:

I find it funny seeing Leicester fans debating if Eddy is good enough for them...

Not only is Eddy better than Iheanacho, but he's better than the best version of Vardy.

I understand that money talks and he will be for the off (next season hopefully), but no offence I'm 100% convinced that he will be skipping the Leicester level stepping stone.

This is a guy who has the best strike ratio for France U21's team in history. 11 goals in 6 games, he was thought of as a better prospect that Mbappe when they were coming up, if it wasn't for some silly decisions(sniping someone with an air rifle) he'd most likely still be at PSG, your only chance to get him would be paying well over the odds which I don't see, when he moves it will be to one of the historically big clubs.

****ing christ

I find it funny seeing Leicester fans debating if Eddy is good enough for them...

Not only is Eddy better than Iheanacho, but he's better than the best version of Vardy.

I understand that money talks and he will be for the off (next season hopefully), but no offence I'm 100% convinced that he will be skipping the Leicester level stepping stone.

This is a guy who has the best strike ratio for France U21's team in history. 11 goals in 6 games, he was thought of as a better prospect that Mbappe when they were coming up, if it wasn't for some silly decisions(sniping someone with an air rifle) he'd most likely still be at PSG, your only chance to get him would be paying well over the odds which I don't see, when he moves it will be to one of the historically big clubs.

You Celtic fans really are wild.

• Haha 4

Steady on. As you can see by my posts in this thread I'm a massive Edouard fan and I've backed it up, but is he better than Vardy right now? Absolutely not. And if he was a better prospect than Mbappe at any point he wouldn't have gone near Celtic in the first place. If you're talking about when they were 12 years old then there's a million cases like that but it's a pointless comment really.

5 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

Come on now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

Wait, how is it possible to pay well over the odds for seemingly the greatest player to ever exist? 

Heard the same stuff plenty of times in the past, I know when a player is top class in Scotland or just top class, had with Henrik, VVD, Tierney, Dembele and now it's the same with Eddy.

One year in a top league and he'd cost £100m, but i get it, seeing is believing, and most of you haven't seen enough to really give an educated opinion on him.

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That's the point, that's a problem when your nearly 24, it's very difficult to play catch-up in that sense.

Yh i guess youre right, i think europa league should give him the opportunity to get a run of games at a decent level level though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frost said:

Steady on. As you can see by my posts in this thread I'm a massive Edouard fan and I've backed it up, but is he better than Vardy right now? Absolutely not. And if he was a better prospect than Mbappe at any point he wouldn't have gone near Celtic in the first place. If you're talking about when they were 12 years old then there's a million cases like that but it's a pointless comment really.

Better than Vards. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂...

I've heard it all now!!

4 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

Heard the same stuff plenty of times in the past, I know when a player is top class in Scotland or just top class, had with Henrik, VVD, Tierney, Dembele and now it's the same with Eddy.

One year in a top league and he'd cost £100m, but i get it, seeing is believing, and most of you haven't seen enough to really give an educated opinion on him.

No need to get defensive.I think Edouard looks like a very talented player, and has a lot of attributes to like. If we could get him, lose Nacho, and spend £10m in the process i wouldn't be disappointed. Think any reasonably in tune individual is able to separate the quality of the player from the quality of the league.

To say he is better than the best version of Vardy, however, will go some way to invalidating your reasonable points about Edouard's quality, because that's nonsense.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Interested observer said:

I know what you mean. 

I’m the only person in the world to see myself play consistently, and i’m convinced i’m better than Messi.

• Haha 1