Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Odsonne Edouard

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

This whole ‘ he is no good because he plays in Scotland ‘ is getting silly and quite frankly it’s making a lot of people look very unintelligent.

We got Mahrez from the french second division 

We got Vardy from Non league

Our title winning captain came from the championship.

We got Chilly from our reserves, 

Kasper came from the championship... 

Maddison from the championship 

Kevin was let go from a poor Villa team who didn’t want to renew his contract.

If our scouting network ( and that of several big teams around Europe) feel like he is worthy of their attention  then there is obviously a reason for it...

I think the point being made is all of those you list (apart from Maddison) didn't cost much (or nothing) in transfer fees. Paying such a substantial sum (probably a club record) for a player from the SPL is very risky and I'm not sure the club should take it. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I think the point being made is all of those you list (apart from Maddison) didn't cost much (or nothing) in transfer fees. Paying such a substantial sum (probably a club record) for a player from the SPL is very risky and I'm not sure the club should take it. 

From What i can remember, anyone who was sold for a substantial fee from the scottish leagues has been a success in the prem 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Isn’t the average championship player going from the championship to the prem for around 20 million? An extra ten million for a striker who’s scoring in European competitions as well as a very good under 21 french team? I’d happily have him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

From What i can remember, anyone who was sold for a substantial fee from the scottish leagues has been a success in the prem 

I don't think any player has come from the SPL for the amount being spoken about. I suspect that if a transfer is to be done then it will involve plenty of add-ons which, if achieved, will have meant success and therefore value for money. 

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

This whole ‘ he is no good because he plays in Scotland ‘ is getting silly and quite frankly it’s making a lot of people look very unintelligent.

If our scouting network ( and that of several big teams around Europe) feel like he is worthy of their attention  then there is obviously a reason for it...

Guess that means we'll have to have some faith in our player recruitment and development:ph34r:. I'm honestly not sure what type of direction Rodgers wants to go. Benteke, Dembele, Sturridge and Edouard are the only ones recruited while Rodgers was in a job. Had to make do with Vardy, Iheanacho, Suarez, Graham, Griffiths etc. A very diverse group with different strengths. Our recruitment of Perez last summer makes me think we'll be heading in a Liverpool type attacking system. We'll see.

8 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Guess that means we'll have to have some faith in our player recruitment and development:ph34r:. I'm honestly not sure what type of direction Rodgers wants to go. Benteke, Dembele, Sturridge and Edouard are the only ones recruited while Rodgers was in a job. Had to make do with Vardy, Iheanacho, Suarez, Graham, Griffiths etc. A very diverse group with different strengths. Our recruitment of Perez last summer makes me think we'll be heading in a Liverpool type attacking system. We'll see.

i emphasizes our scouting network not rodgers

11 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I don't think any player has come from the SPL for the amount being spoken about. I suspect that if a transfer is to be done then it will involve plenty of add-ons which, if achieved, will have meant success and therefore value for money. 

tv money is increasing all the time. it would be unfair to compare tv money from last couple of seasons and the transfer fees from 5+ years ago

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, MPH said:

i emphasizes our scouting network not rodgers

Sorry. Improvisational thinking sometimes gets the best of me.:)

49 minutes ago, MPH said:

You forget our prem winning cast offs in Albrighton and Huth 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

I’m a season ticket holder, terms and conditions were clear, no refund this season if fans don’t make it into grounds, it’s sol as a virtual pass for that reason with no immediate expectations beyond that.

Wow really! 

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Other than the West Ham away game where we massively rotated were there any other games where Kelechi played as a solo striker?

Most of the time when he has come off the bench or started it has always been alongside Vardy

Maybe we are looking for someone who is a bit more comfortable playing in the solo striker role as Rodgers feels Iheanacho isn’t really up to it?

Norwich away. He bagged with a super shot but was offside. 

46 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Tierney has just come from Celtic and is looking useful for arsenal so it does work sometimes but I get your point too

30 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wow really! 

Rangers and Celtic have got their fans by the balls regarding this. The waiting list for a season ticket is ridiculously long so no fan would give up their tickets. £500+ for a virtual pass is mental. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

You have to give credit to Celtic scouting, they always seem to unearth some great bargains.

why don’t we go after these players when they are 2-3mill rather than 30mill?

Dembele, Édouard, Van Dijk, Wanyama, Larsson, Forster 

We used to in the Championship and after a year or two they were then PL ready. The issue at our level now is you cannot afford to get it wrong. Celtic can pay £2-3m for a player and its still way more than every other club bar Rangers can buy and are ready to be better than them too, a year or two later they are even better and ready to sell for 500% profit

• Like 3