Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

13 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Would be quite an audacious swoop if they managed to get Havertz, pretty much the hottest property in Europe at the moment.

Can you fling him around on a shovel though? that’s the big question!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Chelsea have got mega £ available due to the transfer ban they had, the £ from the sales of the likes of Morata and Hazard hasn’t yet been spent and the loan players they have out (Kenedy, Ampadu, Musonda etc) all means loan fees coming in and wages covered by the other clubs. Combine that with losing some big earners this summer. They literally have cash galore to throw at rebuilding the team in a buyers market this summer. If they can convince these players to sign I see the “old Chelsea” coming back. 

i think FFPwould mean most of that will be accounted to last seasons books. Doesn’t FFP mean that they have to balance the books on this/next  seasons money alone?

54 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Not sure where everyone fits in anyway, Lampard said he wanted to play the youth & promote the British players Barkley, Mount, Loftus-Cheek, Gilmour then further forward Hudson-Odoi & Abrahams so with those extra attacking players coupled with Kante, Jorginho, Pulisic, Kovacic, Pedro, Giroud & Batshuayi & William (although rumours he's off) when do they get their chance thats 17 players vying for at most 6 slots.

That 17 probably could be reduced by 2 maybe 3 with sales but still, thats a lot of young 1st team players to keep happy.

The rumours include jorginho leaving, Pedro and giroud contracts were supposed to be up this summer (don't know if they've been extended), Willian will leave and batshuayi is nowhere near top 4 team level, so I'd expect him to go. Rumours also include alonso leaving... 

Probably a few others too. A lot of their squad are miles past peak and it needs refreshing. 

Besides, it's Chelsea. The whole we want to use youth players was touted because of the transfer ban. Most of the youngsters will sit on the bench and they'll be on the permanent loan list in a year or two. Loftus-cheek, Barkley, Hudson-odoi and Mount don't get a sniff of starting 11 if Chelsea get the targets they're after. 

Whether it's agreed with or not if you've got the cash that's how you challenge at the top. Only up there this season for the good graces of utd arsenal and spurs all being shite. Most times I've watched Chelsea play they've been bang average. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

i think FFPwould mean most of that will be accounted to last seasons books. Doesn’t FFP mean that they have to balance the books on this/next  seasons money alone?

It’s money generated by the club from transfer activity so they will be able to spend it as and when. It’s still money generated by the club in the club’s accounts. Abramovich wouldn’t be able to just chuck money in like the early days of his ownership. 

8 hours ago, Innovindil said:

The rumours include jorginho leaving, Pedro and giroud contracts were supposed to be up this summer (don't know if they've been extended), Willian will leave and batshuayi is nowhere near top 4 team level, so I'd expect him to go. Rumours also include alonso leaving... 

Giroud signed a contract extension for another year approx 3 weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Someone posted this on a reddit thread I commented on, regarding him being shifted to the left wing.

Pretty interesting stuff:

Just a head up, I wouldn't say he was "moved to the left". He was more than happy there before and its probably his "natural postion" if you had to give him one a la football man. However he's super comfortable on both wings and is probably the best player I've ever seen live at Griffin Park along with Michael Turner and Szcezny (Obviously a very different style). He'll not only play but do well no matter what club he goes to in the Premier in my opinion (assuming City and Liverpool have to interest)

I mean its always a great indication when fans that watch the player every week say this. For what its worth I really rate him and he's up there with players im really hoping we go for. But..... this is a brentford fan, not elite club... I would have probably said the same about Knockaert.. in fact im sure I did.... so I'll reserve judgement until he arrives.

5 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

I see Chelsea have just signed Timo Werner this morning (subject to Medical) that could mean they might have dropped interest in Said Benrahma, Iv'e watched Said for the last 2 years at Brentford and he's one of the best Bees player Iv'e seen in over 60 years of watching them.

He would fit in so well with you as you play very fast and direct football, and that's what he's used to, as we play the same style, albeit in the Championship, but he has the ability to step up a level.

Iv'e noticed a few comments on Bryan Mbeumo on here, after Benrahma & Watkins he will be our next big money sale, he's got everything, Young, Powerful, Explosive pace, good with both feet and his head, only his first season in English football, but has adapted so well, out of the 3 mentioned he's the best, and there is so much more to come from him.

Unfortunately we have to sell our best players to survive, but we are good at finding new replacements at the right price and making large profits from them, hopefully if we get into the Premiership one day, we will be able to keep our best players. 

Thanks for the insight. He really does look exciting. Are Leicester actively involved in the pursuit though? 

6 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Unfortunately we have to sell our best players to survive, but we are good at finding new replacements at the right price and making large profits from them, hopefully if we get into the Premiership one day, we will be able to keep our best players. 

The sad thing is there are maybe 2 clubs in world football that don't have the threat of a team buying their star players. Otherwise there is always the risk of losing your star players.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

I see Chelsea have just signed Timo Werner this morning (subject to Medical) that could mean they might have dropped interest in Said Benrahma, Iv'e watched Said for the last 2 years at Brentford and he's one of the best Bees player Iv'e seen in over 60 years of watching them.

He would fit in so well with you as you play very fast and direct football, and that's what he's used to, as we play the same style, albeit in the Championship, but he has the ability to step up a level.

Iv'e noticed a few comments on Bryan Mbeumo on here, after Benrahma & Watkins he will be our next big money sale, he's got everything, Young, Powerful, Explosive pace, good with both feet and his head, only his first season in English football, but has adapted so well, out of the 3 mentioned he's the best, and there is so much more to come from him.

Thanks for this, really useful insight.

I've seen Brentford play in person a few times and I've been really impressed with them, ironically only being disappointing when you played us (but understood the weak team put out that day). I think the club is extremely well run and will inevitably get to the Premier League. Actually I see a lot of parralels to Leicester with Brentford and not just in terms of playing style or philosophy. The owners of the club are doing everything right... sustainable model, moving to a new ground, long term strategy in place. That's what the King Power group did too and whilst it probably took too long to get out of the Championship, subsequent growth maybe shouldn't be such a surprise given all the infrastructure put in place. Obviously the league title was ridiculous, but we've been on an upward trajectory for years now. I'd be surprised if Brentford aren't a consistent Premier League team in the next 5-10 years. They are going the right way to pull it off.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Thanks for this. I really rate Mbuemo and think he is the ideal player that we need to play wide right. Benrahma looks equally as talented but i'm concerned he'd not be anywhere near as influential playing wide right, almost all of his goals and assists in English football have come from the left wing I believe? Only in France did he play the majority of his games as a right winger. Benrahma does seem to be more creative though, but does he use his skill to provide for others or try and go it alone too often?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Unrelated, but out of curiosity, what's your opinion on Luka Racic?

11 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Unrelated, but out of curiosity, what's your opinion on Luka Racic?

Excellent player, only seen him a few times but was very good, he's another one for the future as the the club think highly of him as he was given a contract extension until 2023.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Excellent player, only seen him a few times but was very good, he's another one for the future as the the club think highly of him as he was given a contract extension until 2023.

Thanks mate! Yeah he's looks good whenever I've seen him, thought he was alright against us.

He's actually a family friend of my girlfriend, so I like to follow him and see how he's getting on.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Miller said:

A bit of both, he's a good provider with as many assists as goals scored, like most flair players he does try at times to go it alone, but that's his style, when it comes off it's well worth watching, although our coach Thomas Frank is very good at bringing out the best in players, Brendan Rodgers has just a little bit more experience, and I feel would get more out of him.

He has been much less effective when deployed as a right winger though for you? From what I can gather, only a few goals and assists have been provided from him when played out on the right from about 30 games as opposed to the best part of 40 goals and assists on the left?

13 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Loftus Cheek is 24 years old btw. He's played 46 times for Chelsea in the Prem! In comparison Barnes is 22 and has played for us 46 times in the Prem. There's no way he's a starter for them long term, he's kept around purely for the English quota in European football.

You've excluded the 24times for Palace as a 21yr old in 17/18 and then 24times in 18/19 for Chelsea before rupturing his Achilles and being out for an entire year. 

If he hadn't of injured himself on the American plastic pitch chances are he'd have been utilised a fair amount.  

• Like 1