Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

On 06/07/2020 at 14:51, Deeg67 said:

As long as we're raiding Brentford's front three may as well snipe Josh Dasilva, too.  I like his game.

Josh is a fantastic prospect and a quality young player who has come on in leaps and bounds in such a short time, he refused to resign for the Gunners as he wanted 1st team football that they could not guarantee, he signed for us knowing our track record of taking youngsters and developing them ready for our 1st team, and then not standing in their way when they want to move on, that's why we have great financial success working that way, it's a win, win situation all round, but hopefully we can keep our best players if we get promotion.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Josh is a fantastic prospect and a quality young player who has come on in leaps and bounds in such a short time, he refused to resign for the Gunners as he wanted 1st team football that they could not guarantee, he signed for us knowing our track record of taking youngsters and developing them ready for our 1st team, and then not standing in their way when they want to move on, that's why we have great financial success working that way, it's a win, win situation all round, but hopefully we can keep our best players if we get promotion.

Best of luck to you, an excellently run club. Many a year spent in Brentford (work) so have a soft spot. :thumbup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Off to Chelsea apparently!!! Can’t see where he’d fit in there other than then bench.  Hope it’s not true ... thinking on it I genuinely hope we are actually interested. 

Would definitely be on the bench if they played full strength, but would still get plenty of games with them being in Europe. I've just read Brentford want around 35 million though? Can't see anyone paying anymore than 20-25 or so for him. I'd imagine if he signs for them that means Willian and Pedro are both off at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, casablancas said:

Off to Chelsea apparently!!! Can’t see where he’d fit in there other than then bench.  Hope it’s not true ... thinking on it I genuinely hope we are actually interested. 

Second choice to Pulisic, who might not even be a regular starter next season because of Werner. Doubt he'd bide his time patiently at Brentford for so long only to bench himself at the first opportunity.

Guest SO1
2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Would definitely be on the bench if they played full strength, but would still get plenty of games with them being in Europe. I've just read Brentford want around 35 million though? Can't see anyone paying anymore than 20-25 or so for him. I'd imagine if he signs for them that means Willian and Pedro are both off at the end of the season.

Think Bowen sold in the low twenties. No way do we pay more than that. He's talented but takes the chance of screwing up his career by skipping a step. Benrahma should come here where he stands a better chance of playing. Then he can go to Barca or PSG. Always a risk to go for the big contract to soon and risk getting stuck and put on the transfer wheel like so many have at Chelsea. He doesn't even know who the next manager will be. Lampard could be gone at the end of the season. Then you're just another number.

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

Think Bowen sold in the low twenties. No way do we pay more than that. He's talented but takes the chance of screwing up his career by skipping a step. Benrahma should come here where he stands a better chance of playing. Then he can go to Barca or PSG. Always a risk to go for the big contract to soon and risk getting stuck and put on the transfer wheel like so many have at Chelsea. He doesn't even know who the next manager will be. Lampard could be gone at the end of the season. Then you're just another number.

Moving to Chelsea from Brentford is never going to be a bad move. From a personal perspective he will earn a lot more than if he came to us and he also doesn’t need to change his lifestyle at all.  players will generally take the money and worry about other stuff later ...... they could get an ACL at any time that removes a little bit of this or that which separates them from the rest.  

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Pedro is going to Roma, Willian will sign an extension I reckon

If He goes Chelsea he has got a bigger chance of totally ruining his progression and career.. They have many many quality players and keep signing more so the chance of him playing week in week out are much much lower than here. 

46 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If Chelsea are interested then we can forget it. There's not a single thing we can do better than them. Plus he doesn't have to relocate.

What he'd need to ask himself is whether he'd want to be a reserve for werner/ziyech/pulisic or be given consistent game time and able to improve? 

Guest SO1
4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Moving to Chelsea from Brentford is never going to be a bad move. From a personal perspective he will earn a lot more than if he came to us and he also doesn’t need to change his lifestyle at all.  players will generally take the money and worry about other stuff later ...... they could get an ACL at any time that removes a little bit of this or that which separates them from the rest.  

Security is a double edged sword. If his agent has strong influence he'll go to Chelsea and take the money now. Cest le vie Benrahma. (apologies to any French speakers).

Guest SO1
2 hours ago, ronnup said:

Chelsea need to **** off

That's why we need to have one of the best player development and recruiting  systems in the world. Our new facilities are a good start. We have to develop these players one or two steps sooner.

24 minutes ago, SO1 said:

That's why we need to have one of the best player development and recruiting  systems in the world. Our new facilities are a good start. We have to develop these players one or two steps sooner.

I'm not to sure it will make much difference. We'll just be a nursery for the bigger clubs and when it comes to contract renewal they'll make a move to a bigger club or a smaller for game time.

On 05/07/2020 at 12:25, Deeg67 said:

Barnes has had plenty more than three bad games, and he still seems to be pretty popular.  If it's different with Gray (and Benrahma) it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

are you alluding to the fact, its because there not white?

cos that is Bollox, Gray has had his share of supporters its just he hasnt produced consistently and they have waned over time, Barnes has produced a lot more since he broke into the team.

Yet if you read the match threads and player threads, still gets a lot of shit.

Guest SO1
6 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I'm not to sure it will make much difference. We'll just be a nursery for the bigger clubs and when it comes to contract renewal they'll make a move to a bigger club or a smaller for game time.

That's fine. But if we get two or three years out of them before they move on for a profit than that works for me. It's a business and we have to profit from every transaction. The key is that you have to keep everything moving. Money/Labor = Energy. Stand still and we're dead. Just like the game.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Isn't the same for every club, except for a very select few of elite clubs?

he’s not off anywhere at this stage. 

Theyve been quite clear they are waiting to see what division they are in first. 

We we will have to wait for the season to end before we will know where he’s ending up. 

Chelsea really doesn’t make a lot of sense. It would be so disappointing for us to see Chelsea with 2 of our fans top targets next season. 

They are a scummy club aren’t they. I thought Lampard was all about developing the youth and it seems more like he’s playing footy manager. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

he’s not off anywhere at this stage. 

Theyve been quite clear they are waiting to see what division they are in first. 

We we will have to wait for the season to end before we will know where he’s ending up. 

Chelsea really doesn’t make a lot of sense. It would be so disappointing for us to see Chelsea with 2 of our fans top targets next season. 

They are a scummy club aren’t they. I thought Lampard was all about developing the youth and it seems more like he’s playing footy manager. 

As an upside, some of their talented young players may become disillusioned and try to engineer moves away.

Abraham, Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi spring to mind. They don't seem to be linked with many centre-backs at the moment but we could see Zouma and Tomori become available too.