Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

Would love us to buy the whole BMW from Brentford, not just one part of it.

we need bolstering in those areas and I think those 3 would be ideal signings as they are not going to expect to start every game.

whilst the likes of albrighton is getting on and will need replacing in the next few years,  as will vardy, and madders won’t be hanging around for too much longer.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2020 at 23:25, volpeazzurro said:

Ignoring the usual self promoting video clips, I have to say that although I've only watched him play on the television this season, purely on those performances, he didn't seem very impressive at all. The odd burst of something but fairly non contributory for the most part of the games. 

Thats the problem, you could put together clips of Gray, Barnes and Perez and other fans would be all over it. I guess thats why there are scouts and why the rest of us are fans.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Thats the problem, you could put together clips of Gray, Barnes and Perez and other fans would be all over it. I guess thats why there are scouts and why the rest of us are fans.

Rubbish, there's no expert conclusion I can't draw from watching less than a third of an twelve minute highlights reel of a player I never knew even existed before being signposted to an FT transfer thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Crashtoasted said:

Some player. If they come up he’ll get offered a bumper contract but I bet we could still price them out. 

They survive on transfers. I’d be very surprised if they turned down a big fee. And to be fair to them, the scout really well, focus on top young European talent. The kind of young players that get overlooked until they’ve done something at an above average European club. It’s a policy I wish we would adopt sometimes. Like @Ric Flair and I have said many time, Myron Bodou, Calvin Stengs, Pedro De La Vega to name a few, are all amazing talents, would be great to see us go for someone like this when the window opens.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They survive on transfers. I’d be very surprised if they turned down a big fee. And to be fair to them, the scout really well, focus on top young European talent. The kind of young players that get overlooked until they’ve done something at an above average European club. It’s a policy I wish we would adopt sometimes. Like @Ric Flair and I have said many time, Myron Bodou, Calvin Stengs, Pedro De La Vega to name a few, are all amazing talents, would be great to see us go for someone like this when the window opens.

You could argue that we DO have that approach in a lot of our transfers..... Soyuncu, Ndidi, Mahrez, Kante..... Ofcourse we also (try) and sign more established european talent but we've had far more success with the former. 

1 minute ago, Foxy_Bear said:

You could argue that we DO have that approach in a lot of our transfers..... Soyuncu, Ndidi, Mahrez, Kante..... Ofcourse we also (try) and sign more established european talent but we've had far more success with the former. 

To an extent yes we do, but we could be better I think. Be braver, which is what we did with Mahrez and Kante and look what that achieved. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Give their financial position they can’t afford to haggle. So offer a handsome fee and you’ve probably got him. Saying all of this, we will probably end up with Stewart Downing. 

Eh? They're pretty wealthy! And every player has a set non negotiable price, that's their model and they don't move from it. If they sell him it'll be for the value they set and no less. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

To an extent yes we do, but we could be better I think. Be braver, which is what we did with Mahrez and Kante and look what that achieved. 

I think we HAVE been fairly brave when you consider transfers like Kaputska, Musa, Amartey, Kramaric which all for one reason or other didn't work out and that put us off a little which led to us looking closer to home for talent. 

The way Brentford are playing they will be coming up to the Premier League next season, don’t think they will be cashing in on players.

Edited by NewquayFox

3 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

The way Brentford are playing they will be coming up to the Premier League next season, don’t think they will be cashing in on players, they also have a cracking young centre back on loan at Leeds to recall...

Think that's Brighton mate... 

• Like 1