Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

4 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

That would be incredible bad luck from West Brom...

Very decent from sporting tbf. Why is it that when we deal with them, they are so unreasonable? 

Youd think given his form and them possibly moving to the prem they’d realise they could get more than that for him. 

I think I’d be thinking 15m was a decent bit of business. 

22 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Very decent from sporting tbf. Why is it that when we deal with them, they are so unreasonable? 

Youd think given his form and them possibly moving to the prem they’d realise they could get more than that for him. 

I think I’d be thinking 15m was a decent bit of business. 

If it was agreed last summer though, perhaps Sporting thought he wouldn't light up the league as he has and were happy enough to see a decent chunk of cash for someone who'd at the time had a pretty unremarkable stint in Lisbon? I dare say they're hoping WBA don't / can't take up the option to buy.

29 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

If it was agreed last summer though, perhaps Sporting thought he wouldn't light up the league as he has and were happy enough to see a decent chunk of cash for someone who'd at the time had a pretty unremarkable stint in Lisbon? I dare say they're hoping WBA don't / can't take up the option to buy.

Its not the fee, its the fact they extended the offer by a month. If they could get more cash why wouldnt they take advantage of the situation 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Its not the fee, its the fact they extended the offer by a month. If they could get more cash why wouldnt they take advantage of the situation 

That's a very good point. Very surprised given how much of a pig their chairman is for moving the goalposts.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

That's a very good point. Very surprised given how much of a pig their chairman is for moving the goalposts.

They probably need the near-guaranteed income due to this whole situation I’d imagine.

If they really need the money, I’m sure they’d rather ‘secure’ £8.5m (if WBA get promoted, I assume) than mess them about and risk getting nothing for a while when they need it now, or at least as soon as possible. 

But I suppose they could just be doing it out the kindness of their hearts lol 

18 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

They probably need the near-guaranteed income due to this whole situation I’d imagine.

If they really need the money, I’m sure they’d rather ‘secure’ £8.5m (if WBA get promoted, I assume) than mess them about and risk getting nothing for a while when they need it now, or at least as soon as possible. 

But I suppose they could just be doing it out the kindness of their hearts lol 

If West Brom don't pay it then we would no doubt be quoted double + Slimani and Silva on loan for a season paying 85% of their wages.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Mbuemo is like shit off a shovel

Always helps in the prem, people forget that Mahrez could move when he wanted, speed was my reservation with Bowen, still remains to be seen if it works out for him. Has there been any interest from anyone for Mbuemo and any thought of the fee?

4 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Always helps in the prem, people forget that Mahrez could move when he wanted, speed was my reservation with Bowen, still remains to be seen if it works out for him. Has there been any interest from anyone for Mbuemo and any thought of the fee?

i watched Brentford a couple of times on tv towards end of last (this?) season cos of these links and also to Watkins. They had had a bit of a bad run and Benrama came on as sub as I think been injured. My one reservation was he didn't seem very quick.

37 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Mbuemo only joined last summer so I expect any links elsewhere will start to happen as this season draws to a close. Benrahma looks like pace is the weakness too, that's one of the reasons why i'd look elsewhere and especially because he plays wide left and cuts in which Barnes has that position sewn up and RW is far more the priority for us.

16 hours ago, Innovindil said:

So if chelsea get him their front 3 will be Benrahma Werner Ziyech?

That's not bad tbf. :mellow:

Not as good as Barnes Vardy and AN Other. :D :brendan_still:

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Mbuemo is like shit off a shovel

I'll be honest, I have no idea if this means he's quick or slow.  lol Does it mean slow because it gets stuck to the shovel when trying to roll off?

• Haha 1