Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

6 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

You've excluded the 24times for Palace as a 21yr old in 17/18 and then 24times in 18/19 for Chelsea before rupturing his Achilles and being out for an entire year. 

If he hadn't of injured himself on the American plastic pitch chances are he'd have been utilised a fair amount.  

Didn't even realise he was injured tbh my mistake.

I left out Palace though because others keep saying things like they (Chelsea) won't sign him they've got young British players etc. If it improves their squad, they'll soon toss them onto the bonfire.

25 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Didn't even realise he was injured tbh my mistake.

I left out Palace though because others keep saying things like they (Chelsea) won't sign him they've got young British players etc. If it improves their squad, they'll soon toss them onto the bonfire.

He did his Achilles in a friendly in America prior to the europa league final last year.

I agree with you there, chelsea will try and sign improvements irrelevant of anything else given they have a decent number of english/home grown players in the squad. 

2 hours ago, Paul Miller said:

I see Chelsea have just signed Timo Werner this morning (subject to Medical) that could mean they might have dropped interest in Said Benrahma, Iv'e watched Said for the last 2 years at Brentford and he's one of the best Bees player Iv'e seen in over 60 years of watching them.

He would fit in so well with you as you play very fast and direct football, and that's what he's used to, as we play the same style, albeit in the Championship, but he has the ability to step up a level.

Iv'e noticed a few comments on Bryan Mbeumo on here, after Benrahma & Watkins he will be our next big money sale, he's got everything, Young, Powerful, Explosive pace, good with both feet and his head, only his first season in English football, but has adapted so well, out of the 3 mentioned he's the best, and there is so much more to come from him.

Unfortunately we have to sell our best players to survive, but we are good at finding new replacements at the right price and making large profits from them, hopefully if we get into the Premiership one day, we will be able to keep our best players. 

So would Mbeumo be the better signing for us, even now? And what's the secret to your scouting system? 

6 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Not just yet, I think he needs another year with us, he will then be absolute dynamite, watch this space!!

As far as scouting goes we have a very large network of scouts world wide, mostly part time, and probably the largest in the Championship, we do due diligence and follow a wanted player for sometimes a year before making a move, it's also very much an analytical system as well, (it's sometimes referred to the "Moneyball" system) a saying our owner hates. 

Also, any player that signs for us is given a promise that we will develop them and never stand in their way should a good offer come in for them, it means we can attract good players who might have gone to a larger club just to sit on the bench, will get regular game time with us, you only have to look at the good players we have moved on to the Premiership over the last few years.

Nice one, thanks!

30 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

Not just yet, I think he needs another year with us, he will then be absolute dynamite, watch this space!!

As far as scouting goes we have a very large network of scouts world wide, mostly part time, and probably the largest in the Championship, we do due diligence and follow a wanted player for sometimes a year before making a move, it's also very much an analytical system as well, (it's sometimes referred to the "Moneyball" system) a saying our owner hates. 

Also, any player that signs for us is given a promise that we will develop them and never stand in their way should a good offer come in for them, it means we can attract good players who might have gone to a larger club just to sit on the bench, will get regular game time with us, you only have to look at the good players we have moved on to the Premiership over the last few years.

That sounds a lot like what Leicester are setting up to be as well. Everyone sells their players unless their Barca or Madrid. Its who and how you replace them is what matters.

Has to be really exciting being a Brentford supporter right now with the way the club plays and is run. That beautiful new stadium as well.

Really hope to see you guys in the PL next season. For my own pleasure as well as yours.

On 17/06/2020 at 11:36, GingerrrFox said:

I think Frank proved his management ability when he almost got Derby up. I agree he’s not proven anything at Premier League level yet but people doubted Frank Lampard as a kid whether he could make it as a top player and people will doubt him again now. He seems to be the sort of bloke who loves to prove people wrong. Both he and Gerrard will make quality managers imo.

I think you are right. Lampard looks comfortable whereas the likes of OGS look more a rabbit in the headlights totally out of their depth. I personally quite like him and would like to see him succeed.

23 hours ago, Paul Miller said:

Sounds like we should buy both and loan him back for 2 years ;) The money now would further develop your championship promotion chase as your getting closer and closer each year.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Big Dave said:

I think he would be a great addition to the squad.

I can’t see him going to Chelsea with the signings they have already made.

Have a watch, The teams are in for Fulham v Brentford live on SKY 12.30 KO, He's on the sheet, but Bryan Mbeumo is out (Tested Positive this week) 

2 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I'd be amazed if one of our former players isn't given his fellow countryman positive impressions of what joining us can do for a career. Also found this interesting article from a couple of years back. 

https://the4thofficial.net/2018/08/scout-report-of-brentfords-new-signing-is-he-the-new-riyad-mahrez/

Mahrez is probably texting him the best airports to spend transfer deadline day at. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Paul Miller said:

Have a watch, The teams are in for Fulham v Brentford live on SKY 12.30 KO, He's on the sheet, but Bryan Mbeumo is out (Tested Positive this week) 

I’m curious Paul, if you win the play-offs would you expect to keep hold of everyone? Or financially do you still think for the right offer they would let someone go? 

Its easy to say you won’t stop them moving on If your club needs the money anyway. But you’d think if they had the premier league income they wouldn’t let them leave? 

Edited by Lambert09

12 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m curious Paul, if you win the play-offs would you expect to keep hold of everyone? Or financially do you still think for the right offer they would let someone go? 

Its easy to say you won’t stop them moving on If your club needs the money anyway. But you’d think if they had the premier league income they wouldn’t let them leave? 

It's a difficult one, even if we make the Premiership it would be nice to think we could hang on to all players, if only for one more season, even with our increased income from the new stadium and Premiership  money we couldn't match big clubs like yourselves in terms of wages and conditions, as promotion money is paid in stages, so our "pot" would be relatively small to start with, and there is always danger of going straight back down.

At the end of the day top end clubs are businesses expected to make a profit, we, like most clubs would not be able to resist big money offers for any player, a players loyalty now comes in the shape of a wage packet. 

Goal starts at 6:30

Assist at 8:06

On 15/06/2020 at 13:02, pmcla26 said:

From what I’ve seen of them, both are very talented young players, but Benrahma is the one who’ll take to Premier League football quicker. I know we’re all dying for a left footed right winger, but we need a dribbler, someone with flair and someone who can help carry us up the pitch with their dribbling ability or unlock a deep block.

Benrahma’s got the extra ability to do that over Mbuemo at this current moment in time. Even if he’s playing off of the right rather than his favoured left he can still take on a man and go wide with it with his crossing ability. Mbuemo is more of a goal scorer whereas Benrahma is a creator.

We need that enigmatic skill in our squad, we already have Barnes’ and Vardy’s directness and Pérez and Nacho’s finishing and link up play. Benrahma could add that bit of genius we’re lacking currently.

Saw the cross field assist and thought of this.

I won't deny that I think Benrahma is special. Feel like we miss that bit of magic that this guy provides. Vision of the field and creativity in the box to create opportunities for others.

Hard to watch sometimes the way we consistently get bogged down in the last third. I thought Tielemans would be our answer but its just not working yet.

So many question marks in our attack right now and no one to link them together.

Ignoring the usual self promoting video clips, I have to say that although I've only watched him play on the television this season, purely on those performances, he didn't seem very impressive at all. The odd burst of something but fairly non contributory for the most part of the games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I feel like there’s been too many times since the start of 2020 where I’ve been shouting at my tele “pass it to him!” and not enough “what a ball!” or “hows he seen that?” 

Maybe we’ve been accustomed to Mahrez’s skill in the last few years as fans, buy if the club have ambitions of maintaining challenging for Champions League in the next few years, we need to find that X factor from somewhere. 

I think Benrahma could potentially be a player who could solve the issue somewhat, but hopefully we’ve got an eye on a few targets that could offer that for us. 

Those extra touches drive me crazy as well. Sorry that I never really spent time watching Mahrez until this season torching Chilwell on the left.:)

Have to admit that I've been spoiled by watching a lot of David Silva at Manchester City in 11/12 and Coutinho when Rodgers was at Liverpool.

Always seem to have those magic slide rule passes and vision to make things happen anywhere on the field.

I agree with your use of "potential" when it comes to Benrahma. I'll leave that to the Leicester scouting staff as they've more experience than I.