Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

3 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

We are on a roll at the moment, can we keep it up? But at least that's another few quid on his price tag if we don't go up, and he's still got 5 games left to play :)

I really like you, I want you to come up, but I'd love for us to poach him more!

If you get promoted could you see yourselves selling any of the front 3?

Guest SO1
15 minutes ago, Paul Miller said:

We are on a roll at the moment, can we keep it up? But at least that's another few quid on his price tag if we don't go up, and he's still got 5 games left to play :)

You're demolishing everyone at the top. No one can touch you if you keep this up. Welcome to the Premier League! There is no "if".

Edited by SO1

He'd be decent for a team like Newcastle or Southampton, stable clubs and an opportunity to play at such clubs regularly if he plays well and is likely to be one of their main forwards.

But think LCFC should look away from him, despite his recent great performances, and try and get someone 'more rounded' as a forward.

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

He'd be decent for a team like Newcastle or Southampton, stable clubs and an opportunity to play at such clubs regularly if he plays well and is likely to be one of their main forwards.

But think LCFC should look away from him, despite his recent great performances, and try and get someone 'more rounded' as a forward.

We've only really got Barnes as a winger. Perez is much better in the centre, Albrighton is about 40 and Gray won't be here much longer surely. If we could sell Gray, add 5-10m and bring Benrahma in, that would be great business IMO. We're gonna need 4 wingers for next season surely?

12 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Southampton yes, But I hardly think Newcastle is a stable club, floundering year in and year out and going nowhere under its current owner who is reluctant to spend money on players, maybe the new supposed owners will be different, you have obviously never watched him play, except perhaps clips on YouTube and TV, I have watched him week in and week out ever since he joined us, he is a very rounded player not only capable of scoring goals but making them as well, I feel he would certainly fit in with LCFC style of play, Regardless of where he goes if he leaves us I think at the end of the day BFC will not be short of suitors for him, his stock is rising all the time, but he won't come cheap as he still has 2 years to run on his contract + 1 year option.

Barnes has had plenty more than three bad games, and he still seems to be pretty popular.  If it's different with Gray (and Benrahma) it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

2 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Barnes has had plenty more than three bad games, and he still seems to be pretty popular.  If it's different with Gray (and Benrahma) it doesn't take a genius to figure out why.

Barnes has nearly scored and assisted more in just over a year here than Gray has done in his entire PL career.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes has nearly scored and assisted more in just over a year here than Gray has done in his entire PL career.

And I was responding to the post which said "if he has three bad games people would be calling him the new Gray".

And while I don't disagree Barnes is clearly better, Gray has scored and assisted considerably more for us in total (in just over twice as many appearances). 

Edited by Deeg67

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

And I was responding to the post which said "if he has three bad games people would be calling him the new Gray".

And while I don't disagree Barnes is clearly better, Gray has scored and assisted considerably more for us in total (in just over twice as many appearances). 

From the PL website statistics.

Gray - 128 apps, 9 goals, 8 assists.

Barnes - 31 apps, 6 goals, 8 assists - That's this seasons stats only.

Barnes - 50 apps 7 goals, 10 assists - Total PL stats.

Mental to think how much better Barnes is, he's the player we wanted Gray to become for years.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Paul Miller said:

Southampton yes, But I hardly think Newcastle is a stable club, floundering year in and year out and going nowhere under its current owner who is reluctant to spend money on players, maybe the new supposed owners will be different, you have obviously never watched him play, except perhaps clips on YouTube and TV, I have watched him week in and week out ever since he joined us, he is a very rounded player not only capable of scoring goals but making them as well, I feel he would certainly fit in with LCFC style of play, Regardless of where he goes if he leaves us I think at the end of the day BFC will not be short of suitors for him, his stock is rising all the time, but he won't come cheap as he still has 2 years to run on his contract + 1 year option.

Would you take Demarai Gray as part of the deal 🤷‍♂️

22 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Would you take Demarai Gray as part of the deal 🤷‍♂️

I don't think our recruitment team would go for him at all, with a very poor return of just 9 goals in 128 appearances he's not what we would be looking for in Benrahama's replacement, we would want a lot better, we probably have got a replacement from Europe or Scandinavia already lined up just in case he does move on, which he will if we don't get promoted. 

• Like 2