Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Said Benrahma

27 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

This article say anything worth sharing?

Saïd Benrahma has insisted he is only focused on helping Brentford achieve promotion to the Premier League, even though the winger appears to be heading for the top flight with or without the club.

Brentford’s automatic promotion destiny is no longer in their own hands, following the 1-0 defeat to Stoke City, that meant West Bromwich Albion maintained their one-point advantage in second place going into the final round of games.

Benrahma and his team-mates must beat Barnsley at home on Wednesday night and hope that West Bromwich Albion slip up against Queens Park Rangers to claim the second automatic spot and avoid entering the play-offs.

With almost half the Premier League watching Benrahma, the 24-year-old’s destiny may not be tied to whether or not Brentford can earn promotion to the Premier League for the first time but he remains determined to help the club he owes so much to.

“I don’t look at it as my destiny, but it has always been a target of mine to play in the Premier League and I really wish to play in the Premier League with Brentford,” said Benrahma. “It would be magnificent for Brentford to be in the Premier League because it would be the first time and we have really been working hard on it.”

Asked if that represented a promise that he will remain at Brentford if the club are promoted, Benrahma added: “For the moment, I am only focused on Brentford.”

Benrahma has scored 17 Championship goals, assisting a further eight times, to attract the attention of, among others, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham United, Aston Villa, who tried to sign him last summer, Newcastle United and newly-promoted Leeds United.

“I was really flattered [to see myself linked with those clubs], but, at the same time, I am so focused about getting out of the Championship with Brentford that I do not pay too much attention. But it gives me confidence.”

Another source of confidence is the way in which Jack Grealish, James Maddison, Harvey Barnes and Emiliano Buendia have all made a fast impact after moving up to the Premier League from the Championship in recent years.

“Of course, it is giving me confidence, but, at the same time, everyone has their own destiny and so I’m just focused on myself and I don’t want to compare myself with other players,” said Benrahma. “I’m just focused on my career and my way to go.

“I always watched the Premier League, especially Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea. I used to watch when Cristiano [Ronaldo], Thierry Henry and Ben Arfa at Newcastle were playing. Samir Nasri, Arsenal, too. Since I was a kid, I always wanted to play in England.”

It is clear that Benrahma feels he owes a debt of thanks to Brentford and their manager Thomas Frank. He had attracted little attention while playing the early part of his career in France and Brentford had no strong competition for his £1.5 million signature after the winger’s statistics on loan at Ligue 2 club Châteauroux had caught the attention of their team of data analysts.

“My progression is due to Brentford. Brentford have given me a lot of confidence and it’s because of that I am where I am today,” said Benrahama. “I was not very confident before when I was at Nice but now I feel very confident.”

Frank has allowed Benrahma to express himself on the pitch and has also provided support off it after the player’s father died in January.

“He was really supportive when I lost my father,” said Benrahma. “He said, basically, ‘you come back when you want to come back’. There was no pressure after the death of my father and I felt no pressure. Maybe other clubs would not have been like this, but the trainer just said ‘come when you think you can come’. 

“I came back because I wanted to play and my father would have wanted me to play.  I felt no pressure from Brentford. I was really motivated and it gave me confidence because the club and the trainer did not give me any pressure. It was this gesture that gave me the feeling to give more to them because I was touched that the club were like this.”

Benrahma’s tricky style has earned comparisons with Eden Hazard and he added: “I had this style of playing, but in France I was not so confident to play this way so people saw it less. But Frank gives me confidence to play like this and have this style.”

Frankie and Benny have certainly been good for each other and Brentford will be hoping both get their crack at the big time with the west London club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Saïd Benrahma has insisted he is only focused on helping Brentford achieve promotion to the Premier League, even though the winger appears to be heading for the top flight with or without the club.

Brentford’s automatic promotion destiny is no longer in their own hands, following the 1-0 defeat to Stoke City, that meant West Bromwich Albion maintained their one-point advantage in second place going into the final round of games.

Benrahma and his team-mates must beat Barnsley at home on Wednesday night and hope that West Bromwich Albion slip up against Queens Park Rangers to claim the second automatic spot and avoid entering the play-offs.

With almost half the Premier League watching Benrahma, the 24-year-old’s destiny may not be tied to whether or not Brentford can earn promotion to the Premier League for the first time but he remains determined to help the club he owes so much to.

“I don’t look at it as my destiny, but it has always been a target of mine to play in the Premier League and I really wish to play in the Premier League with Brentford,” said Benrahma. “It would be magnificent for Brentford to be in the Premier League because it would be the first time and we have really been working hard on it.”

Asked if that represented a promise that he will remain at Brentford if the club are promoted, Benrahma added: “For the moment, I am only focused on Brentford.”

Benrahma has scored 17 Championship goals, assisting a further eight times, to attract the attention of, among others, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham United, Aston Villa, who tried to sign him last summer, Newcastle United and newly-promoted Leeds United.

“I was really flattered [to see myself linked with those clubs], but, at the same time, I am so focused about getting out of the Championship with Brentford that I do not pay too much attention. But it gives me confidence.”

Another source of confidence is the way in which Jack Grealish, James Maddison, Harvey Barnes and Emiliano Buendia have all made a fast impact after moving up to the Premier League from the Championship in recent years.

“Of course, it is giving me confidence, but, at the same time, everyone has their own destiny and so I’m just focused on myself and I don’t want to compare myself with other players,” said Benrahma. “I’m just focused on my career and my way to go.

“I always watched the Premier League, especially Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea. I used to watch when Cristiano [Ronaldo], Thierry Henry and Ben Arfa at Newcastle were playing. Samir Nasri, Arsenal, too. Since I was a kid, I always wanted to play in England.”

It is clear that Benrahma feels he owes a debt of thanks to Brentford and their manager Thomas Frank. He had attracted little attention while playing the early part of his career in France and Brentford had no strong competition for his £1.5 million signature after the winger’s statistics on loan at Ligue 2 club Châteauroux had caught the attention of their team of data analysts.

“My progression is due to Brentford. Brentford have given me a lot of confidence and it’s because of that I am where I am today,” said Benrahama. “I was not very confident before when I was at Nice but now I feel very confident.”

Frank has allowed Benrahma to express himself on the pitch and has also provided support off it after the player’s father died in January.

“He was really supportive when I lost my father,” said Benrahma. “He said, basically, ‘you come back when you want to come back’. There was no pressure after the death of my father and I felt no pressure. Maybe other clubs would not have been like this, but the trainer just said ‘come when you think you can come’. 

“I came back because I wanted to play and my father would have wanted me to play.  I felt no pressure from Brentford. I was really motivated and it gave me confidence because the club and the trainer did not give me any pressure. It was this gesture that gave me the feeling to give more to them because I was touched that the club were like this.”

Benrahma’s tricky style has earned comparisons with Eden Hazard and he added: “I had this style of playing, but in France I was not so confident to play this way so people saw it less. But Frank gives me confidence to play like this and have this style.”

Frankie and Benny have certainly been good for each other and Brentford will be hoping both get their crack at the big time with the west London club.

He comes across as a really humble and decent guy. 

Frank is a major talent and will definitely be a manager to watch in the years ahead.  I'd love to see us make a run at him when BR inevitably moves on but if Brentford stay in the PL, I don't think we'd be enough of a step up.  Frank could easily end up at one of the power clubs eventually.