Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

9 minutes ago, Russell sprout said:

Gets me how BAEM community are the first to say how there most vulnerable to catching COVID yet can attend protests and gather like this then wonder why we catch it,

my mum works at BT where there is lots of BAEM there and is now showing symptoms and been sent home today 😡

Totally agree, hope your Mum is OK.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

In front of PL circles? It’s ££££££££ and bugger all else

Wont argue...but Govt.& Local Council might have a word with them..

History Shows if they need to reaction,they tend to do nothing...

8 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

Let's face it the country is out of control. Illegal gatherings, demos, street parties, raves, thousands at the seaside, stabbings, shootings etc

We just may as well get everybody back at work, all kids at school, crowds at football, pubs open as before. The government hasn't got a clue & makes it up as they go along, the more instructions they issue the worse it gets & as we have now bred a nation of complete idiots, they either don't understand or just ignore it anyway.

We were once a country to be proud of but a succession of useless governments has put an end to that. It is now like the Wild West, completely lawless (unless you are doing 5 miles over the speed limit)

Yes let’s get 30,000 people back in stadiums back together, that’ll help! 

Just now, DanNDH88 said:

Yes let’s get 30,000 people back in stadiums back together, that’ll help! 

Well as hardly anyone now is taking a blind bit of notice of social distancing & we allow BLM demos, 500,000 people to go to Bournemouth etc, why not?

I'm not saying it's right but it seems hypocritical to allow all those things & deny us going to football. We just may as well go back to normal & to hell with the consequences

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Generally people going round other peoples houses to celebrate.

My mate who I thought knew better had over 30 people round his house at one time. And these would go on to visit other friends and family and so on.

But this just isn't about Eid. The breakdown of social distancing runs through all sections of society from what I can see and most age groups. 

He’s got a big house 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Why?

Clubs just travel straight to the KP won't they?

The only issue might be where our players and staff live and the infection rate in those areas and whether they are locked down.

44 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

As far as I have seen they have just sat like normal. 

They key is monitoring it, we can not remain afraid of normal life.

Protect those that need protection, the rest of us need to get on with it, there may never be a cure, we need to live with it. There is absolutely no evidence for the most part that it kills young healthy people, those people will more likely die from stress of having no job or poor mental health from losing their family caused by locking people in.

Fair point...I do believe UK could Open up a bit,but the People still have to Show Social discipline and awareness on the streets,meeting friends,group gathering

and Take at the Moment pre-emptive,not permanent regulation in Work & shops,for a bit longer..

UK should IMO,be more Open to allow small  family gatherings& visits. 

I Dont Live in the UK ,so I Dont have that feeling street feeling of or on the varying opinions. 

You built quickly several nightinggale hospitals,Why didnt The UK govt,put that same effort in providing simple accomodation,for Refugees & asylum-seekers, homeless,( Care-home-hospital transits ) instead of Literacy  Dumping them in City Center Hotels & hostels,then ignore the obvious pleight...

Other countries also got it wrong,so I Don t want to Jump on some superficial propaganda League nonsense touted by media,or Government,in comparing their actions against others...

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Exactly, to see what the cause was you have to look two weeks ago. From memory (could be wrong) that was the weekend with the BLM protests and counter protests and people meeting up in parks. More likely to be the cause but some people will try blame Islam for anything, which exposes their true character.

Don't want to have a go at any one community, but EID was 23 and 24 May. Incubation period is 3-10 days and the spike they are referring to was in the first two weeks on June. The black live smatter protest was 8th June in Leicester, so I would say it is a compound effect of both. 

32 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Probably get slated as racist, which could not be further from the truth, but it is well known that the asian community is at greater risk, and tha this outbreak seems to be centred on areas where it is predominately Asian households it appears the message just isn't getting across as I have just seen a group of around 30+, mainly Asian families, including grandparents etc on the park having a party. Absolutely no social distancing. Some people just don't help themselves.

Exactly the list of areas that have been posted all Mainly have one thing In common in that they are predominately BAME areas of the city

Ramadan ended on May 24th, Matt Hancock announces in Government conference on June 18th we possibly have an outbreak in Leicester, should that be considered an coincidence? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

Pardon?!!

'And more folk die of flu each year so I don't get to excited about all these technical details. Life is to be enjoyed not to be constantly worrying about hypothetical nonsense. Show me as many charts as you like. The fact is "the average number of deaths in England for the last 5 flu seasons was 17000". I doubt deaths from Coronavirus in England will get anywhere near that figure in a similar period'

This was what you said previously, so I was just pointing out that you've changed your tune. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, holyfox said:

Don't want to have a go at any one community, but EID was 23 and 24 May. Incubation period is 3-10 days and the spike they are referring to was in the first two weeks on June. The black live smatter protest was 8th June in Leicester, so I would say it is a compound effect of both. 

4 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

Exactly the list of areas that have been posted all Mainly have one thing In common in that they are predominately BAME areas of the city

Ramadan ended on May 24th, Matt Hancock announces in Government conference on June 18th we possibly have an outbreak in Leicester, should that be considered an coincidence? 

4 hours ago, urban fox said:

Probably get slated as racist, which could not be further from the truth, but it is well known that the asian community is at greater risk, and tha this outbreak seems to be centred on areas where it is predominately Asian households it appears the message just isn't getting across as I have just seen a group of around 30+, mainly Asian families, including grandparents etc on the park having a party. Absolutely no social distancing. Some people just don't help themselves.

Genuine question because I don’t know the answer after having tried to have a look. I understand that hospital numbers in Leicester have not significantly risen (correct me if I am wrong). However, the cases have quite clearly risen and around a certain part of Leicester. Does that mean certain parts of Leicester have been asked or taken part in testing while other parts have not ? 

Is that a potential reason for an increase in those specific areas ? With the BAME community being, as someone else has said predominantly situated around these so called hot spot areas ? Has that been looked at ? If so, is the rest of Leicester just untested ? Genuinely keen to understand it.

14 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

People just don't give a shit. 

How many people wear masks? Hardly any. Add to that people having parties, Eid celebrations went ahead with no control etc etc

Mixed messages from the government don't help.

It's a complete mess and an international embarrassment.

What about all the white British people who had lovely trips to the beach in that time period?

• Thanks 2