Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Oussama Idrissi

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Unvelievable player but he would be 3rd of 5 AZ players I want.

1) Stengs

2) Boadu

3) Idrissi 

4) Wijndal

5) Koopmeiners

Yeah, what Ric said.

(Can't remember who AZ are and never heard of any of those 5 people.)

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Lion of the Atlas is a phenomenal title to give to a man. Get him in.

The Atlas Lions are a nickname for the Morrocan national team, I think. There are already a couple of eagles (Nacho and Wilf), all what's needed now is an elephant (Ivory Coast) in defense and a mamaba on the right of defense and a leopard on left. Narnia stadium.

• Haha 4

I love the video - he often sets up with a quality assist and then the forward doesn't convert the chance... however the footage keeps running as he wins the ball back dribbles to the edge of the box past two and scores from long range in the top right hand corner.

Sign him up!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Someone on here suggested Stengs early this season and we may also have had some vague foreign media link to him, so I started watching some AZ Europa League games and ever since they've become my favourite European team to watch this season, a long with Salzburg. AZ have a ridiculous number of talented young players (see the 5 I mentioned + others)

Stengs is very similar in looks and playing style to Leroy Sane when he first broke through but Sane at Man City was deployed on the left side rather than as an inverted winger so the comparisons aren't quite as like for like. In terms of working defensively, they are a team that work so well as a unit and therefore he looks like he does all the things you'd want from a winger on and off the ball. Idrissi by the way has probably had the more impressive individual season than Stengs but of the two i'd want Stengs as we are infinitely weaker on the right hand side IMO.

Boadu would be ideal as well to compete with Vardy and Iheanacho, perhaps just lacking the physical presence to make him a different option but as a finisher he is top drawer and his movement is sublime.

Top, buy Alkmaar

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Just watched the obligatory highlights reel and Stengs looks just the player we need. But have you watched actual games Ric? Does he work hard defensively?

And are we actually interested?

...can run the team and dictate the play!!!

Tracking back should not be part of his remit, just the ability to break on a team on the counter or a defence splitting passes. Prefer him in a central role.

Doubt we will be looking at him as we have the personnel in place with Maddison and Tielemanns. Bringing him in on the wings might seem self indulgent. Too much flair and not enough character, our present run proves that.

On 04/07/2020 at 12:17, coolhandfox said:

Before anyone get to excited Alireza Jahanbakhsh was ripping it up for AZ in the Eredivisie, league top goal scorer before he's arrival at Brighton.

The step up form Eredivisie to the PL is massive!

Remember when that thread was hot because everyone was following his plane over the channel? Classic. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Remember when that thread was hot because everyone was following his plane over the channel? Classic. 

I was gutted at the time he signed for Brighton, but it seems we dodged a bullet!

On 03/07/2020 at 14:31, Swan Lesta said:

Yeah, what Ric said.

(Can't remember who AZ are and never heard of any of those 5 people.)

AZ = Alitalia