Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GDesign_JRC

Firepower up front

21 minutes ago, GDesign_JRC said:

Someone subscribe to Telegraph could transcript the latest Percy article? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/06/brendan-rodgers-wants-firepower-front-help-jamie-vardy-leicester/

Seems Made up crap,based on this forum discussions.....

Jesus aint Journalism easy,sit back Read the Football forums make your story, andmake up your opinions,on some Distant  mythical 'Club spokesman'..I

Of Take put of context the answers to indirect questions...

9 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

“There’s no doubt we need more options going forward. If we have European football next season it will increase the number of games and of course we’ll then need to improve the squad for that,” he said.

I read 'going forwards' as in we need more options in the future (not position specific) rather than we need more options up front.

None of those quotes from Rodgers indicate that we're looking specifically at a striker. I wouldn't be surprised if we were, but that article itself is a bit pointless.

10 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Seems Made up crap,based on this forum discussions.....

Jesus aint Journalism easy,sit back Read the Football forums make your story, andmake up your opinions,on some Distant  mythical 'Club spokesman'..I

Of Take put of context the answers to indirect questions...

Brendan said yesterday on the Radio that they will be looking to strengthen the forward line.

I think most LCFC supporters could have wrote that, the areas of weakness in the squad are pretty easy to spot.

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

TL;DR: We want a striker and a winger, especially with Europe on the horizon. Rodgers prefers to work with a smaller squad, so don't expect a huge influx of players.

Without doubt we need quality over quantity. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Xen said:

I read 'going forwards' as in we need more options in the future (not position specific) rather than we need more options up front.

None of those quotes from Rodgers indicate that we're looking specifically at a striker. I wouldn't be surprised if we were, but that article itself is a bit pointless.

If it was any other journalist, I would agree. However, as it's Percy I tend to take what he says on us as gospel.

But yeah, nothing in there we all didn't already know.

5 hours ago, CloudFox said:

TL;DR: We want a striker and a winger, especially with Europe on the horizon. Rodgers prefers to work with a smaller squad, so don't expect a huge influx of players.

I would expect 5/6 coming in personally. The club is just keeping its cards close to their chest. 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I would expect 5/6 coming in personally. The club is just keeping its cards close to their chest. 

I think we'll only get more than four if Chilwell leaves, and even then I would be surprised to see them sign six players.

A striker, a winger, a centre-back and a cover attacking midfielder will do. Offload Gray, Amartey and James, send Bennett back, let Mendy go, and keep one of Knight or Dewsbury-Hall.

The club only went for four players last summer and then a 5th when Maguire left. In the end, they didn't get the CB replacement so settled with keeping Benkovic.

Given the training ground, potential to miss out on CL, the COVID situation including rebate and lack of matchday revenue, I don't think there is much appetite for big spending. Unless they were to do lots of loans with obligations to buy next summer to avoid short term cash issues?

• Like 2

On 07/07/2020 at 21:10, Lesta2014 said:

I get so excited at the thought of a new striker coming in, don’t know why as lately they mainly been poor. Gotta change sometime. A slimani/ulloa build with vardy still of play would be amazing. Am I dreaming too much? 

Considering Rodgers has been on record multiple times as not resorting to Target Man tactics, I think the only striking partnership is likely to be one like the one we have right now.

9 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Fairly certain I told everyone we were trying to sign luka Jovic before he went to Madrid, well the star are reporting us and Chelsea are in for him 

Not had the best year but a huge talent

• Like 1

I think nacho has looked stand out recently. Since he's been playing better, he's been able to keep the ball and offload it well, at first I thought he was fluking it but I feel like he's actually a lot more nimble on the ball then I thought lol. I think nacho can score a decent amount over the course of a season given a decent run. We are definitely crying out for a real quality winger though. Mahrez style if possible. Looking back at Vardy's 100 goals, so many involved a great set up from Mahrez.

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Fairly certain I told everyone we were trying to sign luka Jovic before he went to Madrid, well the star are reporting us and Chelsea are in for him 

So is Chelsea basically planning on signing everyone?